• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Team for Sinnoh League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderblade12

I don't think the problem was that Ash's pokemon are too weak, it was that Ash's strategy wasn't as good as Paul's. Most of the time Ash just went for straight offensive. That's obviously not going to be enough against Paul. He also neglected to switch pokemon when he really should have. Paul swapped his pokemon extremely often and allowed them a chance to rest.

Ash allowed Grotle to remain in the battle against a pokemon it had a weakness against. And why in the world would he use mostly close range attacks against that crazy, thrashing bear? This isn't something game related, it's common sense, "don't get close to that sonna' *****"

Paul, on the other hand, used pretty good strategy. He knew Torterra was worn out from it's battle against Gliscor so he withdrew it, he seen that Magmortar wouldn't be able to stand up to Buizel so he called it back, etc.

dman_dustin

And why in the world would he use mostly close range attacks against that crazy, thrashing bear? This isn't something game related, it's common sense, "don't get close to that sonna'

You have a point because thinking about it, water pulse would've made more sense to use than Aqua Jet, and unless it ripped through water pulse like paper I doubt Buizel would've been knocked out from it. Heck a water pulse distraction leading to an aqua jet like with what Paul did with Magmortar and rock tomb and smog would've been probably the ultimate strategy against Ursaring at the time.

Like I said before possibly in another thread it wasn't his (Ash) Pokemon's fault it was Ash's fault.

ijea4444

ASH LOST BECAUSE PAUL PREPARED FOR THE BATTLE AND KNEW ALL OF ASH'S WEAKNESSES.

Sure ash lost but if he prepared like paul the match wouldn't have been 4-0 maybe 1-0 or maybe even a result where ash wins, but the "he lost terribly ONLY because he wasn't thinking correctly" isn't a completly correct statement.

J-boogie200

Anyone think Paul got his strategy from Brandon from their last battle. He pulled the same stunt Brandon pulled with the Regis.

thunderblade12

Can Ash Beat Paul With This Team?

Okay, for a fair assessment of Ash and Paul's pokemons' power I rewatched DP131 and 132 and listed each attack that they took during the battle. Defensive attacks won't be included and neither will be attacks that are dodged or stopped in some way.

Ash's Pikachu(Faint)
Rock tomb
Hammer arm
Hammer arm(This one was powered up by Ursaring's guts ability)
Note: Hurt by burn 5 times

Ash's Staraptor(Faint
Stone edge(Super effective)
2 Blizzard(Super effective)
Metal claw(Powered up by swords dance)
Focus blast
Slash(powered up by bulk up)
Hammer arm(powered up by bulk up)
Note: Recoil from brave bird twice

Ash's Grotle(Faint)
2 Night slash
Sky attack(Super effective)
Note: Healed by synthesis

Ash's Buizel(Faint)
Smog
Hammer arm(powered up my bulk up)
Focus blast

Ash's Chimchar/Monferno(Faint)
Slash(powered up by Ursaring's guts ability)
2 thunderbolts
Thunderpunch

Ash's Gliscor(Faint)
Crunch
Giga drain
Frenzy plant

Paul's Torterra(Extremely tired)
2 X-scissor(Super effective)
Fire fang(Super effective)
Steel wing
Flamethrower(Super effective. Weakened by light screen)
Note: Healed by giga drain but still tired after battle with Gliscor

Paul's Ursaring(Faint)
Aqua jet(Weakened by bulk up)
Improvised move: Rebounded focus blast(Super effective)
Sonic boom
Aerial ace
Quick attack
Iron tail
Thunderbolt
2 flamethrowers
Dig
Note: This thing must be hacked or some crap

Paul's Weavile(Faint)
Quick attack
Close combat(4X effective)
Brave bird

Paul's Honchkrow(Healthy)
Energy ball(Not very effective and weakened by light screen)
Rock climb

Paul's Electabuzz(Extremely tired)
Energy ball(Weakened by light screen)
2 Mach punch
Dig(Super effective)
Flame wheel

Paul's Magmortar(Somewhat tired)
Quick attack
Iron tail(Not very effective)
Aqua jet(Super effective)

See, none of Paul's took many more hits than Ash's without fainting. With a better strategy Ash could beat Paul with his Sinnoh team.

Staraptor is a beast. Ursaring may have taking a bunch of hits but most of the one's Staraptor took were powered up in some way

Alloute

Not Banned
I'm thinking:

All of his Sinnoh Pokemon:

Pikachu
Monferno
Staraptor
Buizel
Gliscor
Torterra

I think Grotle will evolve soon.

Mega Typhlosion

I don't think there will be changes at all.
Infernape would be great, but Monferno is already preety strong. The weakest member of the team I think its Grotle. How I miss Turtwig...Grotle can't hold its own like Turtwig did.

Giki

loving chimchar line
I don't think there will be changes at all.
Infernape would be great, but Monferno is already preety strong. The weakest member of the team I think its Grotle. How I miss Turtwig...Grotle can't hold its own like Turtwig did.

he is not stong yet they are working on it and monferno needs to evolve in my eyes and also paul already has torterra so what is the point

as far as the team for the league:
pikachu
staraptor
grotle
floatzel
infernape
gliscor

that way he wil own paul if he gets a better strategy

Torpoleon

Okay, for a fair assessment of Ash and Paul's pokemons' power I rewatched DP131 and 132 and listed each attack that they took during the battle. Defensive attacks won't be included and neither will be attacks that are dodged or stopped in some way.

Ash's Pikachu(Faint)
Rock tomb
Hammer arm
Hammer arm(This one was powered up by Ursaring's guts ability)
Note: Hurt by burn 5 times

Ash's Staraptor(Faint
2 Blizzard(Super effective)
Metal claw(Powered up by swords dance)
Focus blast
Hammer arm(powered up by bulk up)
Note: Recoil from brave bird twice

Ash's Grotle(Faint)
2 Night slash
Sky attack(Super effective)
Note: Healed by synthesis

Ash's Buizel(Faint)
Smog
Hammer arm(powered up my bulk up)
Focus blast

Ash's Chimchar/Monferno(Faint)
Slash(powered up by Ursaring's guts ability)
2 thunderbolts
Thunderpunch

Ash's Gliscor(Faint)
Crunch
Giga drain
Frenzy plant

Paul's Torterra(Extremely tired)
2 X-scissor(Super effective)
Fire fang(Super effective)
Steel wing
Flamethrower(Super effective. Weakened by light screen)
Note: Healed by giga drain but still tired after battle with Gliscor

Paul's Ursaring(Faint)
Aqua jet(Weakened by bulk up)
Improvised move: Rebounded focus blast(Super effective)
Sonic boom
Aerial ace
Quick attack
Iron tail
Thunderbolt
2 flamethrowers
Dig
Note: This thing must be hacked or some crap

Paul's Weavile(Faint)
Quick attack
Close combat(4X effective)
Brave bird

Paul's Honchkrow(Healthy)
Energy ball(Not very effective and weakened by light screen)
Rock climb

Paul's Electabuzz(Extremely tired)
Energy ball(Weakened by light screen)
2 Mach punch
Dig(Super effective)
Flame wheel

Paul's Magmortar(Somewhat tired)
Quick attack
Iron tail(Not very effective)
Aqua jet(Super effective)

See, none of Paul's took many more hits than Ash's without fainting. With a better strategy Ash could beat Paul with his Sinnoh team.

Staraptor is a beast. Ursaring may have taking a bunch of hits but most of the one's Staraptor took were powered up in some way
Whoa. Most moves were powered up. They are probably about even. Ash evolving Monferno into Infernape should greatly help him.

Dax

Legend
Staraptor is an endurance beast. And to think at the beginning I thought it was going to be exactly like Torkoal. O_O

I find it funny because Grotle is supposed to be the one that takes hits after hits without being defeated, after all Grotle is Ash's defensive pokemon but pokemon like Monferno and Staraptor show more defense abilities.

It will be a shame if those two get cheated out of the league matches for the old ones.:(

Chimchartrainer07

You know as much as I want Ash to bust out some of the reserves there are three trainers at the league that I seriously don't want to see anyone that's not on the Sinnoh team go near for these battles, and that's Barry, paul, and the Sinnoh League rival,if Nando shows up I seriously don't care if Ash battles him at all Ash can battle Barry, while Paul battles Nando, now that's something I wanna see. Nando vs. Paul, how fast would that battle be?! *Rhetorical question*

darkfireinfernape

ash will get Infernape with blast burn because both of his rivals hav the final evolution of their starter. Paul has Torterra with Frenzy Plant and Barry has Empoleon with Hydro Cannon.

its no doubt he will hav an Infernape by the league.

wat do ya think???

Last edited by a moderator:

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
ash will get Infernape with blast burn because both of his rivals hav the final evolution of their starter. Paul has Torterra with Frenzy Plant and Barry has Empoleon with Hydro Cannon.
its no doubt he will hav an Infernape by the league.
wat do ya think???

i think someone is spamming thats what...

also could care less about blast burn, technically that would only waeken infernape...a turn to recover...

i think it will be the same pknm, allexept for the maybe evolution of buezel...but i don't see that happening....

thunderblade12 explaind the whole battle and how ashs pknm have more stamina then pauls pknm...all exept for ursuring...he's right i thought that bloody thing should have fainted after the t bolt...but even then before it fainted it didn't look tired...i think the factor agenst ursuring is if you piss it off...anything else and it will eventually after your whole team is gone...go down...

Torpoleon

I'm thinking taht Ash's Sinnoh Team should be:
Pikachu(Obvious)
Staraptor(It is the regional bird)
Grotle(It is the regional starter)
Monferno-->Infernape(Evolving will make it stronger and up Ash's chances of beating Paul)
Buizel-->Floatzel(Same thing with Monferno)
Gliscor(Sinnoh's Wildcard which should stay until Sinnoh ends)

With this team, Ash could most likely beat Paul.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Really, all that Ash has to do to beat Paul is to keep training. If he works on Grotle's defense, keeps using the counter-shield, teaches a Pokemon Feint, and teaches a Pokemon Brick Break, Ash'll be fine. Monferno evolving would also be useful.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Im thinking that Ash will just be having one more Pokemon evolve before the league, but that's my guess. Im either thinking Monferno or Buizel, 'cause I Grotle wont be evolving at all. So my best guess would be Buizel. Monferno has had enough time, like multiple times stated. :p

Pikachu
Staraptor
Grotle
Buizel/Floatzel
Monferno/Infernape
Gliscor

Torpoleon

If it is only one Pokemon, it will be either Monferno or Buizel. I hope both of them evolve.

poke freak 997

Fire Power House
I think the only difference in the league will be the moves of his pokemon exspecially Grotle,Buizel and possibly Monferno.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think that the only change that Ash can be in the future is Monferno evolving.
Because the writers won't do that Grotle will evolve. They obviously don't want that Ash will have a Torterra like Paul. So Grotle will stay...
Buizel either won't evolve because some reasons.1. Main Water pokemon of Ash are not evolving. 2. Pokemon that beats his evolve form- usually does not evolve into it. see Poliwhirl, Corphish, Pikachu. 3. In EVERY REGION they are not doing that All of Ash's pokemon except Pikachu, are evolving, it's also almost in Monferno's high so Buizel are the only that won't evolve.
So only Monferno can evolve but I don't know if it can evolve twice in 30-35 episodes...

Last edited:

charizard92

i think it will be
Pikachu
Staraptor
Gliscor
buizel (floatzel doesnt look like a pokemon ash would have0
grotle/Torterra(if grotle battles a lot more maybe evo but he hasnt had a fully evolved startr in pkm league sense Kanto)

monferno(he just evolved and ash already has 7-8 gym badges so i dnt see monferno evolving soon but probibly aftr the league like most of the startrs he had)

Status
Not open for further replies.