• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Team

VoltTacklingPika

I don't think Ash has ever said anything about it directly but in one Hoenn League episode he did reject Oak's offer of rotating Pokemon. It's well within his character to say something like: "These guys have worked so hard to get us here so by all rights, they should be the ones to compete."

But again, I don't really no.

mew801

i dont think that its rushed. he wants to become a pokemon master so he has to catch as many pokemon as he can.

alli940

I can see you
i wish ash would have a massive team like rampardos, charizard, weavile, scysor, nidoking, gengar. not some whimpy pokemon like buizel, pikachu, staravia and turtwig and those mini pokemon. and im just happy he gets more pokemon. after all the first seasons were my favourite especially orange islands.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
He needs to quit catching Pokemon for a bit and evolve Turtwig and Chimchar fully. =/

Then catch more and rotate, I see no problem with that.

Shiny pokemon lower

Ash probably only use new pokemons to advertice the games.

When it comes to rotating, he probably doesn't like to change so often. Therefore he not catching so many either. To bad, this worked for Gary.

If he caught to many new pokemon each generation they probably won't evolve and each one would be weaker. That would be terrible!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
If he caught to many new pokemon each generation they probably won't evolve and each one would be weaker. That would be terrible!

That already happened back in Johto, it was horrible. Chikorita evolving to Bayleef was the only evolution Ash had that entire region.

Heracross was Oak'd very early, Phanpy didn't do much of anything until it came back for Battle Frontier, and Ash's Johto starter + Noctowl were practically useless.

God forbid another team be handled as badly as that. The weakest team in the series hands down.

VoltTacklingPika

I would persoanlly commit acts of violence against the writers if they ruined DP with poor handling of the Pokemon teams.

They can still redeem themselves a little during the DP Battle Frontier (assuming there will be a series about that), though.

Last edited:

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Ash's team seems to be quite good. His pokemon have worked to know special strong moves (Turtwig @ Energy Ball and Staravia @ Brave Bird) and as far as types are concerned, there is good type coverage XD. I believe this will be Ash's team by the end of Battle Dimension (time before Canalave Gym (I presume)):

1) Pikachu
2) Staravia
3) Grotle
4) Buizel
5) Chimchar
6) Gliscor

So basically, Turtwig will evolve into Grotle XD.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Did Chimchar evolve in the Summer School arc then? Becuase the pictures had a Monferno. If it did evolve then that team needs Monferno, who is going to be evolving a lot. Becuase of the big climax battle against Paul where Monferno/Infernape beats him and he realizes he's a stupid idiot who doesn't know anything about Pokemon training. For the record, I hope that doesn't happen and Paul stays as Ash's rival. Seriously, I really love episodes with Paul when he gets thrashed by famous people (Cynthia in other words. I really like Cynthia.)

VoltTacklingPika

No, Chimchar did not evolve during the Summer School Arc. The Monferno was a rental Pokemon used by Aoi - a charatcer of a day (of serveral, in this case).

I persoanlly believe Turtwig won't evolve but Chimchar will.

Grei

not the color
Slowking[George];8613257 said:
I believe this will be Ash's team by the end of Battle Dimension (time before Canalave Gym (I presume)):

1) Pikachu
2) Staraptor
3) Grotle
4) Floatzel
5) Monferno
6) Gliscor

Fixed (although your team is probably more likely). :)

(No, I don't really want Infernape, I can't picture Ash with Infernape, and let's face it: Charizard is probably the only fully-evolved fire starter Ash will ever have.)

kinghooh

The pokemon company basicaly choose cute lil pokemon for Ash. for them to attract little boys and little girls to watch the show... well Some of Ash's Pokemon are evolve liked (Strong Charizard) to let the teens or matured viewer's to get into the show.. so it's a balance and i dought that All of Ash's DP pokemon will evolve to thier final stages (except Pikachu whom will not evr evolve until it dies. LOL)

Ash's has now Gliscor which is in final stage.. so i think no one or only one will evolve to its final stage...

I predict that i will be chimchar to evolve

since charmander evove and cydaquil did not, chimchar will evolve

bulbasaur did not evolve, chikorita evolve, treeko evolve so definiely turtwig wont evove (i guess so)

VoltTacklingPika

In general, all of the cute Pokemon go to the female travelling companion and Ash gets the starters and the 'tough' Pokemon.

Just becuase one of Ash's is already fully evolved doens't mean the others won't evolve. Look at Hoenn. All of Ash's team barring Pikachu and Corphish (and obviously Torkoal that doesn't evolve) evolved to their final stages.

Mr. Charlie

I have the feeling Ash is going to Oak Gliscor sometime soon, and then catch another Pokémon.
I wish he also Oaks Chimchar and Buizel, so he could catch a few nice Pokémon, I hate those two.

jiang

Toguro-sama's 100%
^^^ I do wish also that ash send gliscor away. he should have some real kick *** pokemon in his team. he could send pikachu to oak too, lol. i say he train chimchar, turtwig and buizel very well to become their best. and then stop getting flying type pokemon at every new generation he is in. he could something better than his flying types(not that i hate his flying types, he is just so conventional with his team).

Squaaah

I do love Ash Catching new pokemon but i wont mind if he doesnt catch any new ones for the rest of this series. That is of course if Ash doesnt do what he did in the hoenn league and only use his Hoenn pokemon. That was an EXTREME dissapointment. The Johto League was really amazing with Ash using all kinds of different pokemon but he kept the same team throughout the entire Hoenn league which made it much more boring and the 6 on 6 battles were no where as fun to watch because you knew which 6 pokemon would be in it. The only reason i would want ash to catch more pokemon this series would be so that if he decides to only use Sinnoh pokemon he has some options to shake up his team a bit with.