• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Teams Vs. from Various Saga's

Per Region What team is the very best

• Kanto - Original 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kanto - Post Original 6

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Orange Isle

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Johto

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Unova

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Kalos - As we Stand Right Now

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
That's it? So then how is she "better" than any of Ash's BW Pokemon. :confused:
Not that hard to be better battle wise than the likes of Snivy and Oshawott. Granted against some of the better Unova team members she isn't better but she's defo better than the worst.

Ilikepiex7

That's it? So then how is she "better" than any of Ash's BW Pokemon. :confused:

that houndoom seemed more impressive then anything Snivy beat lol and besides in a 1 on 1 battle snivy's attract is useless and the tiny pokemon would just get crushed by bayleaf's body slam

SupporterofMegaMagikarp

The Sinnoh team was the only one, that outside the anime, could be considered a real team.

TheNewGuy

Kalos has a chance to be his best ever - it really depends how he fills out the team. Goodra, Hawlucha, Talonflame and Greninja is an *amazing* first 4. We expect him to get a grass-type to round off the team, right? But what grass-type? I think him having one of the ghost-grass types would be a bit odd somehow. Gogoat is a possibility. But apart from the Chesnaught family that's literally it for grass-types in XY, so maybe he won't.

What he COULD do is get a Florges, which has many grass-type moves in its repertoire. That would be a really nice way to round out his team. I think it'd be good for him to round it out with a Fairy-type too. He could maybe capture it as a Floette, and if AZ is involved in the story that could be a potential device in a subplot.

Earlier somebody mentioned megas - think that would be pretty good but it needs to be the right Pokemon. Personally I'm in favour of him bringing back the Zard and Megavolving him. And because Megazard is an XY Pokemon, that would count as being a member of his Kalos team. I think that is possibly why Zard was bought back in Unova, to remind younger viewers of his existence so if Ash brings him back in XY, he won't be as confusing to them. That said, it'd also be nice if one of his other Pokemon that could mega-evolve got the spotlight, like Sceptile, Heracross or even Glalie.

Or the longshot to end all longshot - the glorious return of Pidgeot, complete with mega-evolution.

So yeah, Kalos team is going to be pretty great even if the final Pokemon is, like, Slurpuff. But as it stands right now, it's not as good as some of the others. Let's have a look then.

His Orange League team. Charizard. Snorlax. Pikachu. Bulbasaur. Squirtle. Lapras.
Lapras is pretty mediocre for me and was just a utility mon to get them from place to place, but Charizard/Snorlax/Pikachu are his big 3, and Bulbasaur/Squirtle are just historically awesome. Tough to beat.

JohtoHOHOHOHOHO not even going to bother.

Hoenn/Kanto Battle Frontier: Glalie. Swellow. Sceptile. Torkoal. Pikachu. Corphish.
The writers made a key mistake in not having Ash capture an extra Pokemon. If you're going to do a "fresh start" and have Ash only use Pokemon from the new region, great - but give him some scope to change his team a little like he did in BW.

Anyway, this team is fine. I'm a fan of it, and because of the restricted numbers they all did pretty great at the league. Sceptile is effortlessly cool. Good team.

Sinnoh team:
Infernape. Buizel. Staraptor. Torterra. Pikachu. Gliscor. Gible.

The late addition of Gible was refreshing, but I'll always remember the other 6 for being a part of what can only be the best battle ever in the series - Ash vs. Paul at the league.
Let's make one thing clear - for me, Charizard is Ash's coolest and best Pokemon. But even Charizard's story can't compare to the depth and the narrative satisfaction provided by Ash's Infernape. In raw storytelling terms, Infernape is Ash's best Pokemon and quite frankly it's barely even close. Charizard wins on cool factor and nostalgia factor, but in terms of enjoying the narrative of the show, Infernape is just so. freaking. awesome. And then you have the others - Staraptor, with that awesome comb and Close Combat. Buizel and his cool attitude...and that cool Ice Punch, especially when he KO'd Gastrodon. Torterra was a disappointment but it's just cool that Ash has one. Gliscor KO'd Drapion and again looks like a boss.

For me, Sinnoh is his best team.

Unova team:
Oshawott, Krookodile, Snivy and a bunch of other scrubs absolutely nobody cares about
Bad. Though maybe that awful league just leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

Last edited:

Captain America X

Enlighten me then; what did she do?

Officially she has defeated Bugsy's Spinarak and Falkenr's Hoot-Hootas a Chikorita,Chuck's Poliwrath and Machoke and Harrison's Houndoom and unofficially she has beaten Misty's Staryu as a Chikorita.And that puts it above Snivy,Scraggy,Oshawatt,Boldore,Unfezent, and maybe even Palpitoad and Leavanny.

Navin

MALDREAD
Honestly while Sinnoh isn't undeserving of the top spot, Hoenn should be given way more credit. Sceptile/Glalie/Swellow are in Ash's top ten best, and Corphish is on par with Buizel. Only Torkoal was the weak link, and yet, at its very best, it even brought Brandon's Registeel to its knees (which is a better feat than a lot of Ash's other Pokemon).

LizardonX

Banned
The level of challenge the hoenn team had to overcome were on average far lower than what his kanto starters or sinnoh team had to go through.

And when you take away the thunder armor and plot mandated invincibility and they crumble like everything else.

Navin

MALDREAD
The level of challenge the hoenn team had to overcome were on average far lower than what his kanto starters or sinnoh team had to go through.

The difference between Hoenn and Sinnoh isn't much, if not negligible. Plus the Hoenn team got to face the Battle Frontier.

And when you take away the thunder armor and plot mandated invincibility and they crumble like everything else.

Thunder Armor may be an asspull, but considering Swellow was depicted as a tankbird consistently, it's less ridiculous. Honestly, Swellow losing to Latios in the manner depicted was more so a case of plot-mandated stupidity.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I consider Donphan part of the AG team too, because that's when it evolved. Phanpy was part of the Johto team, but Donphan is part of the AG team...if that makes any sense.

LizardonX

Banned
The difference between Hoenn and Sinnoh isn't much, if not negligible. Plus the Hoenn team got to face the Battle Frontier.

Thunder Armor may be an asspull, but considering Swellow was depicted as a tankbird consistently, it's less ridiculous. Honestly, Swellow losing to Latios in the manner depicted was more so a case of plot-mandated stupidity.

His kanto team did most of the hard work in the BF. The only one where his hoenn team did everything was the dome.

Last edited:

pika250

Kalos has potential. I could easily see a Greninja, Talonflame and Goodra. Trevenant would fill the grass/fire/water combo that Ash is known for using, but he could easily use a fairy as well, even if it joins him late in the saga (Klefki, Florges and even Slurpuff would be reasonable candidates) and he could even Mega his zard (perhaps X to match Alain's) or even his Sceptile. But as it stands right now, Kalos just doesn't quite match up to Sinnoh (which is why I voted Sinnoh). If things are going as I predict, though, I would, in fact, say Kalos.

Navin

MALDREAD
His kanto team did most of the hard work in the BF. The only one where his hoenn team did everything was the dome.

Battle Dome was all Hoenn. Battle Palace was also Hoenn. Sceptile and Torkoal gave good fights against Brandon's golems. If Donphan is technically part of Hoenn, then it defeated Lucy's Seviper. Corphish defeated Anabel's Alakazam. Pikachu's latest excursions in Hoenn helped it shine in the BF.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think his Hoenn team is his best overall team given that more then half of it's team members are the strongest in their overall types of Ash's pokemon.

Sceptile-Strongest grass type, this can't really be debated.
Swellow-His strongest flying type(Better moves doesn't make Staraptor stronger/plus they shared two moves anyways if I remember correctly).
Corphish-His strongest water type as of now. Yes Kingler has some impressive wins but in terms of overall reliability and track record, Corphish has him beat, plus now that he actually has Dark types, he can evolve into Crawdaunt and kick even more ***.
Glalie-Not that he really has much competition but he is Ash's strongest ice type as of now.

The people who put Sinnoh are really only focusing on one pokemon and even then, they should of voted Kanto because Charizard has Infernape beat.

Staraptor isn't his strongest flying type just because of one move, Torterra isn't his strongest Grass type, Buizel started off good but was largely ignored for half of the series, Gliscor is strong but due to it's handling, isn't the best of any of his types, and Gible was terribly handled with suddenly becoming invincible due to mastering one move.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
His Sinnoh team is the strongest, then AG's, then Kanto's (even with Charizard), then BW's and Johto's.

Although there's a fair chance Kalos could surpass them all by the time XY ends.

Sidagam

Sinnoh for sure. Easily the most balanced and powerful.

I think the Kalos team could Surpass it. Greninja and Talonflame are a given at this point and with Hawlucha there and Goodra confirmed, that team's going to be hard to top. Hopefully his last capture is up to the quality of his team so far.

chalkus

Once again my tier list:

Tier 1 (PICSS):
Charizard / Pikachu / Sceptile / Infernape / Snorlax

Tier 2:
Krookodile / Heracross / Glalie / Swellow / Bulbasaur / Gliscor / Kingler

Tier 3:
Gible / Torterra / Quilava / Buizel / Corphish / Squirtle / Staraptor

Tier 4:
Noctowl / Tauros / Pignite / Donphan / Leavanny / Bayleef / Palpitoad / Torkoal*

Tier 5:
Muk / Snivy / Boldore / Unfezant

Tier 6:
Oshawott / Scraggy / Totodile

Not Included: Butterfree, Pidgeot, Lapras
* Torkoal would be in tier 5 if not for the Registeel battle

If you average them out, you basically have:
Hoenn >/= Sinnoh > Kanto/OI > > Johto > > Unova

Tier 1:
Charizard / Buizel / Pikachu / Sceptile / Infernape / Snorlax

Tier 2:
Staraptor / Krookodile / Heracross / Bulbasaur / Gliscor / Bayleef

Tier 3:
Gible / Torterra / Quilava / Corphish / Squirtle / Glaile / Pidgeot / Snivy / Swellow

Tier 4:
Noctowl / Tauros / Pignite / Unfezant / Muk / Butterfree

Tier 5:
Boldore / Donphan / Torkoal / Totodile / Leavanny / Palpitoad

Tier 6:
Oshawott / Scraggy

Fixed it for you.

Sinnoh had the better team, imo.

Last edited:

Ilikepiex7

Tier 1:
Charizard / Buizel / Pikachu / Sceptile / Infernape / Snorlax

Tier 2:
Staraptor / Krookodile / Heracross / Bulbasaur / Gliscor / Bayleef

Tier 3:
Gible / Torterra / Quilava / Corphish / Squirtle / Glaile / Pidgeot / Snivy / Swellow

Tier 4:
Noctowl / Tauros / Pignite / Unfezant / Muk / Butterfree

Tier 5:
Boldore / Donphan / Torkoal / Totodile / Leavanny / Palpitoad

Tier 6:
Oshawott / Scraggy

Fixed it for you.

Sinnoh had the better team, imo.
you have a weird list Butterfree was barely used in any battles (battle record is the infamous harden match, team rocket, lose to misty's staryu, and beat a trainer's ratticate) yet you have it in tier 4 and also you didn't even list Kingler.

Status
Not open for further replies.