• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Teams Vs. from Various Saga's

Per Region What team is the very best

• Kanto - Original 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kanto - Post Original 6

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Orange Isle

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Johto

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Unova

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Kalos - As we Stand Right Now

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaSalamence05

Since this was a hot-button topic in the Kalos Speculation Thread -- ??? I've decided to put it here

Kanto

Pikachu
Butterfree
Pidgeot
Bulbasaur
Charizard
Squirtle
(Original 6)

Or

Pikachu
Pidgeot
Bulbasaur
Charizard
Squirtle
Muk/Kingler/Tauros

Orange Isle

Pikachu
Lapras
Snorlax
Charizard
Bulbasaur
Squirtle

Johto

Pikachu
Heracross
Bayleef
Quilava
Totodile
Noctowl / Donphan

Hoenn

Pikachu
Swellow
Sceptile
Corphish
Torkoal
Glalie

Sinnoh

Pikachu
Staraptor
Torterra
Infernape
Buizel
Gliscor / Gible

Unova

Pikachu
Unfezant
Oshawott
Pignite
Snivy
Scraggy / Leavanny / Palpitoad / Boldore / Krookodile

Kalos - As We Stand Right Now

Pikachu
Frogadier
Fletchinder
Hawlucha
Goomy-Goodra
????

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I only cared for Ash's Orange Island team and DP team tbh. Charizard, Snorlax and Pikachu from OI and Infernape, Gliscor and Buizel from DP >>>>> the rest imho.

Captain America X

OI team should be his strongest since it has two tier 1 and one tier 2 on it .Although,AG and Sinnoh team are more balanced compared to OI and can also defeat the OI team,so I'll just vote for my favourite one Hoenn.But the weakest would be Unova followed by Johto.

Last edited:

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
Sinnon team is the best comparatively due to the large number of evolved Pokémon.
Weakest? Unova IMO. Though I haven't seen much of the Unova episodes to judge properly.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Hoenn and Sinnoh for me. But I really think, that the Kalos Team will top both of them.

Torpoleon

Sinnoh, but Kalos has potential!

unpleasant unfezant

They are not that strong yet at all.

Sure they are, frogadier isnt that far from grovyle, hawlucha is just barely weaker than swellow, and i would say Fletchinder=corphiish in terms of power. Goomy will certainly be as powerful as glalie once it evolves, and whatever mumber 6 does, it cant be that much worse than torkoal's history.

Captain America X

Sure they are, frogadier isnt that far from grovyle, hawlucha is just barely weaker than swellow, and i would say Fletchinder=corphiish in terms of power. Goomy will certainly be as powerful as glalie once it evolves, and whatever mumber 6 does, it cant be that much worse than torkoal's history.

None of their opponents so far that those pokemon have fought are no where near as strong as the league pokemon.I don't see how pokemon who haven't even defeated the 4th gym leader are sudenlly strong enough to be equal to pokemon that have defeated all the gym leaders and league pokemon.Goomy as a Goodra and the 6th pokemon don't exist yet in the anime so you can't guess how strong they are since we don't know what they will do.So does two can't be used.

Groyvle by the League had already defeated Norman's ace,Winona's Altaria even with a 4x type disadvantage,Katie's Walrein,and Morrison's Steelix all of those are stronger than any of Frogadier's opponents so far.

Swellow at that point had defeated Winona's Ace who had stronger moves than Swellow,Juan's Whiscash in an underwater fight,took out Katie's Scizor and Venomoth,tied with Morrison's Gliscorand also took out Tyson's Hariyama and Donphan and at the same time put a hole into Metagross.And Tyson was the league champion.Way stronger than any of Hawlucha's opponents so far.

Corphish at that point had defeated Flannery's Magcargo and Torkoal,Juan's Luvdisc and Sealeo/Seaking(with Pikachu),tied with Morrison's Swampert,Dominick's Swalot, and Katie's Golduck.All stronger than Fletchinder's opponents

You either severely underestimate his Hoenn Team or are overestimating the strength of his Kalos team.

Navin

MALDREAD
Once again my tier list:

Tier 1 (PICSS):
Charizard / Pikachu / Sceptile / Infernape / Snorlax

Tier 2:
Krookodile / Heracross / Glalie / Swellow / Bulbasaur / Gliscor / Kingler

Tier 3:
Gible / Torterra / Quilava / Buizel / Corphish / Squirtle / Staraptor

Tier 4:
Noctowl / Tauros / Pignite / Donphan / Leavanny / Bayleef / Palpitoad / Torkoal*

Tier 5:
Muk / Snivy / Boldore / Unfezant

Tier 6:
Oshawott / Scraggy / Totodile

Not Included: Butterfree, Pidgeot, Lapras
* Torkoal would be in tier 5 if not for the Registeel battle

If you average them out, you basically have:
Hoenn >/= Sinnoh > Kanto/OI > > Johto > > Unova

Navin

MALDREAD
His Sinnoh team seemed to be the most rounded team imo, and seemed to be the strongest too.

None of his Sinnoh team are below tier 3, which speaks for how well they were trained. But Infernape got too much of the gains IMO. Although I think Gible and Torterra are one good, redeeming league win from being in tier 2 honestly. The 5 guys from Hoenn is the team I voted for because they seemed to have the best raw power and stamina, although the Sinnoh squad was the most strategic (in implementing and facing).

Point is Ash really came into his own by the end of the Battle Frontier and again by the Sinnoh League.

I voted for his Kalos team as it has the most potential and he has an all evolved team from what we've seen so far. Though I would say that his Hoenn or Sinnoh teams are strongest in terms of raw strength.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Not exactly sure how the Kalos Tam even has votes. In the future when its done developing sure but as it stands right now? C'mon people.
IMO:
Tier 1: Pikachu, Charizard, Snorlax, Sceptile, Infernape
Tier 2: Krookodile, Glalie, Heracross, Swellow, Gliscor, Bulbasaur
Tier 3: Gible, Torterra, Staraptor, Quilava, Kingler, Buizel, Squirtle, Corphish, Pignite
Tier 4: Torkoal, Bayleef, Tauros, Noctowl, Donphan, Leavanny, Palpitoad
Tier 5: Unfezant, Snivy, Boldore, Muk
Tier 6: Totodile, Scraggy, Oshawott
So for me Sinnoh>=Hoenn>Kanto/OI>Johto>=Unova

Last edited:
Kalos izi, they are already around league hoenn in power, and pre-gym 8 sinnoh, and they arent even halway yet.

what pokemon anime have u been watching? cuz his kalos pokemon are nowhere near as powerful as
1. pikachu swellow grovyle corphish torkoal glalie

2. pikachu staraptor torterra infernape buizel gliscor/gible
either ur a troll or u need to re evaluate ur power scaling

MattySadler

In terms of regional team strength I think:

Sinnoh > Hoenn > Kanto > Johto > Unova

is a pretty fair way to go.

I also agree with the people who are saying it is too early to rank Ash's Kalos team against any of the others, I just wish you'd be a bit nicer about it. It is Christmas for christ sake, relax! That being said, Kalos has the potential to be right up there with Ash's best, depending on what happens with the last two slots.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
That being said Ash's BEST Unova team isn't that bad.
Krookodile, Pignite, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore, and Snivy is a decent team (not even including Pikachu). Evolve Snivy and make her not a punching bag and Boldore then we'd be in business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.