• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Torterra

Lucille

Ash's Torterra has a really bad reputation on this forum. It was one of Ash's most relied on Pokemon in Sinnoh as a Turtwig and a Grotle but became shafted due to Chimchar and his evos. Do you think Torterra is a better Pokemon then some people give it credit for? Would you like to see a future appearance where Torterra gets a chance to win?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The problem is Ash is usually not good in handling slow and big Pokemon, with the exception of Snorlax.

Turtwig won countless battles in its first form because it was like Bulbasaur 2.0 at first. When it evolved into Grotle it got slower and harder to handle, and then Torterra even worse. Its hilarious, I think Torterra is the only Pokemon Ash had that actually got *worse* at battling when it evolved.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The problem is Ash is usually not good in handling slow and big Pokemon, with the exception of Snorlax.

Turtwig won countless battles in its first form because it was like Bulbasaur 2.0 at first. When it evolved into Grotle it got slower and harder to handle, and then Torterra even worse. Its hilarious, I think Torterra is the only Pokemon Ash had that actually got *worse* at battling when it evolved.

I pretty much agree. I think Paul knows how to handle Torterra better than Ash since both are completely opposite of each other. As for it coming back to get a win, I'd like to see it in the league, and perhaps Ash could use some more of Paul's strategies.

Navin

MALDREAD
Ash's Torterra has a really bad reputation on this forum. It was one of Ash's most relied on Pokemon in Sinnoh as a Turtwig and a Grotle but became shafted due to Chimchar and his evos. Do you think Torterra is a better Pokemon then some people give it credit for? Would you like to see a future appearance where Torterra gets a chance to win?

Two words: Suicide Mountain

Torterra is a solid tier 3 Pokemon. It holds its own against tough competition. But it screws itself over with Suicide Mountain.

Captain America X

Replace Rock Climb(useless move which guaranteed his loss) with Earth Power or Bulldoze or Gyro Ball,and maybe replace Synthesis(barely did ay good anyway)with Giga Drain and he will be fine.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I always felt lie it should have been the one to take down Paul's drapion, or at least tie with it, but I guess not :/

Agreed. I would've loved to see Torterra redeem itself for the defeats it had to go through, but the writers decided to give that one to Goku MkII as well -_-

Vernikova

Champion
Ultimately, a Pokemon is only as good as the Trainer that commands it. Ash's inability to handle it caps its potential, and while it may have a higher ceiling with a Trainer who can put its skills to better use, its with Ash and will only do as well as Ash can command it to.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
Poor Torterra. Stupid Pokémon writers not letting Ash be competent.

Lucille

That's why I can Torterra doing well in the future. Once Ash is a better trainer he'll be able to utilize Torterra to it's full potential

fitzy909

Just another guy
Its hard to believe Torterra's only win in its final stage is blasting off Team Rocket.

I know. It had a lot of power behind it, but always got shafted with the battles against the strongest opponents before they were even slightly weakened. It seems like the writers had a personal vendetta against Torterra... for some reason

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The problem with Torterra is Infernape was the star of Sinnoh.

Whatever starter pokemon that fully evolves is usually the star of that generation, like Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape and eventually Greninja. Torterra just...had no hope with Infernape being the star

LizardonX

Banned
Ash's torterra has the same overall win ratio as sceptile. Kind of funny actually.

It's a pity torterra had to exist in the one season of the show where they took type advantages seriously. In any other region getting hit by a SE ice punch or pin missile would have done nothing to it because the types were inverted.