• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Torterra

phanpycross

God-king
Hype beam has always been spammed like that's no towmorrow, so I fail to see the issue with giga impact.

Luthor

You know they should've just gone with Wood Hammer,Energy Ball,tackling move,and Rock Polish if they wanted to make it a fast pokemon.

wood hammer would be fine (it'd need a better animation) or they could have just not screwed with rock climb and had it work as they originally seemed to, Just not have it raise the ground so it has to run uphill for no reason but works as move that allows it to run and if there is a slope allows it to run up that as well.

Captain America X

wood hammer would be fine (it'd need a better animation) or they could have just not screwed with rock climb and had it work as they originally seemed to, Just not have it raise the ground so it has to run uphill for no reason but works as move that allows it to run and if there is a slope allows it to run up that as well.

They most likely will have used it's tree to do something if they had gone with Wood Hammer.Yeah the original version was pretty good.

I think its just silly when people say turtwig was everyones least favorite starter out of the other two. I hated infernape with all my heart when that game came out. I chose chimchar then it evolved and I started my game over and chose turtwig. Just because a few people hate turtwig, it doesn't mean everyone or most people did. Same with other pokemon that people think are unpopular. Theyre probably more used than you think.

Tbh I think ash shouldve kept his torterra. They wouldve been such a good pair. A big giant turtle as a partner is awesome.

Captain America X

I think its just silly when people say turtwig was everyones least favorite starter out of the other two. I hated infernape with all my heart when that game came out. I chose chimchar then it evolved and I started my game over and chose turtwig. Just because a few people hate turtwig, it doesn't mean everyone or most people did. Same with other pokemon that people think are unpopular. Theyre probably more used than you think.

Tbh I think ash shouldve kept his torterra. They wouldve been such a good pair. A big giant turtle as a partner is awesome.

Torterra is ]in my top 3 favourite starters but even I have to say that it was the least popular starter in game and competitively though compared to the other two but it's mostly competitively why it's not as popular as the other two .It was definitely more than a few people that didn't like it compared to the other two.

Ash did keep his Torterra unless you meant like he did with Pikachu because that wouldn't have worked out since it's battle style was the complete opposite of Ash's preferred style

Torterra is ]in my top 3 favourite starters but even I have to say that it was the least popular starter in game and competitively though compared to the other two but it's mostly competitively why it's not as popular as the other two .It was definitely more than a few people that didn't like it compared to the other two.

Ash did keep his Torterra unless you meant like he did with Pikachu because that wouldn't have worked out since it's battle style was the complete opposite of Ash's preferred style

Good for you, thats called an opinion. Good day sir. :)

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I had not thought of Rock Polish...Huh..

Either Rock Polish or continue that hanging thread of him becoming more of a tank like Paul's.

MattySadler

I agree with what Dax said about the tier thing wholeheartedly.

Vernikova

Champion
Torterra with Giga Impact would'e just let the writers actually take into account the recharge after using it. Most likely after it misses or fails to defeat the Pokemon.

I think it's kind of silly to say Ash's Torterra was weak or that Ash wasn't using it properly when Torterra only battled three times on screen. Three losses really isn't bad. It's about the same amount as any of Ash's other pokemon.

Had Torterra gotten more non-Elite-4 battles when Infernape wasn't the main focus we probably would have seen it win.