• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Tranquil

Status
Not open for further replies.

STICKTOPIA

Mods please move this if it belongs elsewhere and sorry if it's not appropriate to discuss.

Anyways, I just want to know what Tranquil is on the team for. Ash only used it for searches, helped move the venipede, and help Archen fly. Battlewise, it's not doing good. We haven't even seen it battle since it evolved. It's only battles were against Snivy and Frillish(which was a terrible loss). The chances of it being in the next 2 gyms are very slim so I'd like to know when we'll actually see it battle or will it just be used for searches?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Ash's Tranquill will probably be used against Skyla. If not, then I will seriously question what the writers are doing. Aside from the gym battle, I see Ash's female Unfezant duking it out with Trip's male Unfezant.

I am positive Tranquill is being neglected because of the reserves. if Sewaddle had not been caught prior to the Castellia Gym battle, I am sure Tranquill would have been the 3rd choice. I seriously did not understand why Pikachu was chosen over Tranquill for the Bug Gym. I understand Sewaddle/Swadloon, but Pikachu!?!?! Pikachu battled Trip twice, against Bianca, against Cress, & then the Don Battle. I don't think it needed to be used against Burgh. But whatever, if the writers plan on making Tranquill shine more in the second half of Best Wishes, then be my guest... but quit chosing Pikachu in favor of others.... Pikachu has like what... 4 regions, Orange Islands, & the Battle Frontier under its belt?

Jak2551

~SHARK FIGHTA~
It was also used in the Elyguem UFO Episode. Ash has had Tranq for a really long time now, but when you think about we're still really early in the saga + we got 3 fillers and a special subway battle coming up. I doubt tranq will be used in BW 46, but Im predicting a battle / usage from BW 47 - 50. I really hope she gets to battle on the subway.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The problem with Ash's birds is they're all essentially the same except for Noctowl.

Its like the same thing as Swellow and Staraptor, just with a different coat of paint.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Except Swellow and Staraptor have actually been used in battles.

thunderblade12

Staraptor was all about power (Close Combat/Brave Bird) and Swellow seemed to be more about endurance. Tranquill could turn out to be a special/physical mix.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Other than being a plot tool to capture Snivy, i'm inclined to agree that it's capture has really served no purpose at all, and it doesn't help the writers seem pleased to give it's current form better exposure with other trainers than with Ash, Trip I could understand but two other people each had a Tranquil in the don battle tournament, one of which looked darn impressive knocking out Scolipede in one blow, and was a pokemon that had given Ash and co trouble earlier on in the series.

I honestly think if thier's a release this saga, the bird should be the one to go and be replaced with someone else, besides with TR not being the same and using balloons all the time, there's really no reason Ash should have it, especially if it's just going to be used as a plot tool.

Im sure ash's tranquil will be used against skyla and probably star. probably also against trip. i have this weird feeling that when it will be ashs unfezant vs trips unfezant, then ashs will win since the male unfezant has that mask with the long waggles, i have a feeling that ash's will grab its waggles with its beak/talons, wrap trips with it, and throw it to the ground KO ing it. just thinking.

ChaosMudkip

Tepig Hunter
We've been talking about this on the release possibility thread. A few of us want it gone.

And his Birds vary a lot. Pidgeotto got very little screen time, like Tranquill. Noctowl was the most different, but got minimal airtime. Swellow got way too much screen time but STILL had a crappy moveset. Staraptor got more development, like all of the D/P Pokes, and Tranquill is a throwback to Pidgeotto, except with no epic feathery hairdo. Tranquill may disappoint and not show up vs Skyla. And you're right; with no balloon, we don't need a bird.

Bye-Bye Birdie.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well as of BW 45, Tranquill is present in Ash's team.

As for what it is going to be used for, well normally all of Ash's flying type had the only role of searching mainly for TR (when they are up to 'no good'), but it seems that scenario has changed in BW with the activities of TR on the screen becoming rare and ghost like.

On the battle side, they do get some but most of them are after sometime from the point of there capture (and mostly when they are in there 2nd or 3rd stage evolved forms).

ChaosMudkip

Tepig Hunter
Well as of BW 45, Tranquill is present in Ash's team.

As for what it is going to be used for, well normally all of Ash's flying type had the only role of searching mainly for TR (when they are up to 'no good'), but it seems that scenario has changed in BW with the activities of TR on the screen becoming rare and ghost like.

On the battle side, they do get some but most of them are after sometime from the point of there capture (and mostly when they are in there 2nd or 3rd stage evolved forms).

This wasn't really true of Swellow and Staraptor, both of which received battling time. Especially Staraptor, who had standard battle appearances.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
This wasn't really true of Swellow and Staraptor, both of which received battling time. Especially Staraptor, who had standard battle appearances.

Yes, both of them received battling time, but the majority of them was against TR. If we minus those out, then you would see that there was a big gap between there major battles (in which the did a good fight), especially during the initial part of the saga they were present in. Here is what it was like (correct me if i am wrong somewhere),

Swellow - As a Taillow, the first major battle it had was 16 episode after it capture but it lost (that too against a pokemon it had type advantage). The next major battle (60 episodes after its first major battle, and just a few episode before the 6 gym battle) it had was in the "PokeRinger" in which it evolved.
It is after that point that its amount of participating in major battles increased (taking part in back-to-back 3 gyms and then the league and then the BF).

Staraptor - As a Starly, it didn't do anything major and evolved after 11 episodes of its capture. As a Staravia, its first major battle was 24 episodes after its evolution, and had a few major battles after that (like the "Tag tournament" and the "3rd gym") before evolving in a "PokeRinger" competition (80 episodes after its first major battle as a Staravia).
Then as a Staraptor, its first major battle was in the 7th gym (7 episodes after its evolution), and then the battle against Paul and then the league (while having a few battling chances in-between them).

Now if we compare this with Pidove/Tranquill (evolved 20 episodes after its capture and the only major battle under its belt until now is the one against Trip in the "Battle Club" which it lost, not counting the battle it had for capturing Snivy), we can see that it still has sometime to shine as Swellow & Staraptor did in the past.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
This is turning into a bird thread again. Tranquil just like the other birds get only so much attention. The bird who I see got the most/best screentime and battles was Swellow in AG and BF.

pokemonbw01

Who's the daddy? Me!
Ash's Tranq will hopefully be used against Skyla. Maybe he will be used in the battle subway and will be in the finals. Maybe, then she will learn a new move and then win the subway.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
If Ash at some point decides to release it, I hope it's part of some Tranquill/Unfezant mating ritual where it fecks off to breed some baby Pidoves with Trip's Tranquill/Unfezant, after which they both die. It says in this book that all pigeons die after mating because of how many eggs they produce or something like that, so I'll stick to that theory for now.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Except Swellow and Staraptor have actually been used in battles.

Yeah, and Tranquill has never battled...

Tranquill was sent out to battle against Yamask, sure nothing happened, but it wasn't called out to just fly in the air.

*Waits for someone to say "It might as well have"*

It was pretty strong against Snivy, so it isn't that weak, it's just battle neglected. It'll probably be used in one or three battles before Skyla and I hope she will win at least 2 of them.

If Ash at some point decides to release it, I hope it's part of some Tranquill/Unfezant mating ritual where it fecks off to breed some baby Pidoves with Trip's Tranquill/Unfezant, after which they both die. It says in this book that all pigeons die after mating because of how many eggs they produce or something like that, so I'll stick to that theory for now.

WTF?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Yeah, and Tranquill has never battled...

Tranquill was sent out to battle against Yamask, sure nothing happened, but it wasn't called out to just fly in the air.

*Waits for someone to say "It might as well have"*

It was pretty strong against Snivy, so it isn't that weak, it's just battle neglected. It'll probably be used in one or three battles before Skyla and I hope she will win at least 2 of them.

WTF?

Tranquill fought once and that's it.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Tranquill fought once and that's it.

I know and it needs more battles. Ash's starters and some reserves have been taking up Tranquill's attention, so hopefully that changes soon.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I know and it needs more battles. Ash's reserves have been taking up Tranquill's attention, so hopefully that changes soon.

I'm hoping for it to have as much battle time as staraptor did.

Grey Wind

Tranquil is in some serious need of a battle. Although, most brids don't do a whole lot. Swellow was a strong fighter, and had lots of battle, and so did Staraptor to an extent. I would guess that Tranquil will shine against Skyla, and against Trip's male Unfezant at the league.

lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.