• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's ultimate team

Just basing this on raw power combined with their battle record in the show, and I really do think these six are the obvious ones in that regard.

Pikachu
Charizard / Lizardon
Infernape / Goukazaru
Sceptile / Jukain
Snorlax / Kabigon
Swellow / Osubame

Pikachu (despite being his starter, he took a freaking uber down o_0 )
Charizard (Who wouldn't)
Buizel (shown to be a powerhouse and a badass in general)
Sceptile (took down another uber)
Staraptor (Simply because I think it is stronger than Swellow)
Infernape (Blaze....)

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
pikachu:his strongest pokemon,has taken down some impressive opponents,like regiice,latios,volkners electivire,a few raichus,drakes draginyte and ditto,juans milotic and many more.

sceptile:strong,defeted darkrai and almost defeted regirock.

herracros:it did well in the sinnoh leauge,and overall its pretty strong.

infernape:well,it took down volkners jolteon and luxray,pauls ursaring a few times,his ninjask,aggron and electivire to,and many more.

gible.im a bit unsure about this one, but it has dragon meteor,an ultra powerfull move,and it has taken down conways shukle and dusknoir and damaged darkrai,so i would suggest it.

buizel:he needs a watertype on this team, and buizel has a wery interesting battle record: it took down maylenes lucario,wakes floatzel and quagsire,i think,pauls gastrodon and it has a fighting spirit.

twilight trainer

UNBEATABLE TRAINER
Pikachu, Charizard, Noctowl, Sceptile, Snorlax and Glalie.

That's my guess based on the Pokemon he's shown. Well at least the ideal team which would've helped him beat Takuto (though I could alternate teams) IMO.

Bedouin Pirate

Gypsy Punk
- Pikachu.
- Charizard.
- Snorlax.
- Sceptile.
- Infernape.

Last slot though...
- Tauros, Glalie, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Gliscor, Swellow, Staraptor, Kingler, or Heracross could all fill it.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Only including Pokemon with him and at Oak's let's see...

Pikachu
Bulbasaur
Sceptile
Infernape
Snorlax
Torterra

You'll notice there are three grass types there. I was uncertain about which Pokemon should get the 6th slot and Torterra made the most sense. If we include Charizard, Squirtle and Gliscor the team will be the same but with Charizard instead of Torterra. Now if we were talking about teams in Ash's usual style it would probably be like this

Pikachu
Grass: Bulbasaur or Sceptile
Fire: Infernape
Water: Buizel (maybe Kingler)
Flying: Swellow
Extra: Snorlax

I picked Swellow as the bird based on it holding it's own against Deoxys and Latios. The water type was also tricky, if this thread comes up in a few months I'm certain Mijumaru will take this slot.

Last edited:

DracoMaster121

Strategy Trainer
- Pikachu
- Sceptile/Torterra
- Charizard/Infernape
- Kingler
- Donphan/Gliscor
- Glalie/Heracross

That would be a strong and balanced team for Ash.
He needs to leave charizard and gliscor in training for a while though.

cazatron

i'm pretty sure theres been a squillion threads like this but meh, what the hell i'll play.

let's go with:
infernape
bulbasaur
corphish
snorlax
heracross
donphan

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
Hmm... lessee here...

Pikachu
Charizard
Sceptile
Snorlax
Glalie
Swellow

Okay I'm done. Where's my post cookie?

Elxar

I'm only taking one type of each since it will be a more balanced team rather than throwing bith Charizard and INfernape in the mix. Ash would never do that he work one type at a time.

Pikachu (no question)
Charizard (Sure Infernape is strong but Charizard is constantly training too)
Sceptile (Obviously his grass powerhouse)
Heracross (Speed and strength combined)
Swellow (Speed demon though we can argue Staraptor can take its place)
Snorlax (Tank, probably his best non-speedy pokemon)

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Doesn't this thread belong to anime poll?

Anyhow, back on topic my pick would be

Charizard: Where would Ash be without "the" Zard?
Sceptile: It has proven over time that it can hold its own in major battles
Heracross: Ash's another powerhouse
Staraptor: I'm choosing Staraptor over Swellow because of Staraptor's decent base stats and diverse movepool. Someday it will indeed prove that it's better than Swellow
Bulbasaur: Second grass type in Ash's team
Pikachu: Ignoring his pika-power reset, he's an obvious choice for Ash's team

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
It'd be hard to choose an ultimate team. No matter what, there will always be another team who knows your disadvantages and beat you. Anyways my pick are:-
Charizard, Sceptile, Heracross, Snorlax, Gliscor and Pikachu(plot powered).

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Hm, I'd say:
Pikachu (duh!)
Infernape (Ape+blaze=Overkill!)
Sceptile (A worthy powerhouse)
Charizard (Seismic toss WTF!)
Gliscor (I don't know)
Heracross/Snorlax (They're both really strong)

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Pikachu
Charizard
Sceptile
Infernape
Snorlax/Heracross/Gliscor
Swellow/Staraptor/Squirtle

Last edited:

firepokemontrainer

Among his pokemon that he has access to, I believe that there are a few possibilities for each type, excluding Pikachu, to fill out his team of six.

Pikachu (despite the power resets, Ash's buddy always comes out strong in the end.)
Infernape/Charizard (Charizard has always been shown to be strong when Ash calls on it, while Infernape has been shown to be powerful both with and without Blaze.)
Squirtle/Buizel (Both have had their bad moments with defeats, but both have also had their share of victories so it's a toss up.)
Noctowl/Swellow/Staraptor (Noctowl came back with some strong flying moves, while also being able to use psychic moves. Swellow and Staraptor however have had more gym battles than the owl, however.)
Bulbasaur/Sceptile (Bulbasaur, despite being unevolved, proved to be a powerful pokemon time after time. Sceptile though has been used many times since Ash caught it, being in several gym battles through out Hoenn while Bulbasaur had at the most, 2 battles in Kanto.)
Donphan/Gliscor/Gible (Donphan and Gliscor started off being not too powerful in their base forms, but proved that they were strong after evolving. Gible and Donphan both are late captures that barely had a chance to shine much in their home region.)

In the end, I decided to go with these 6 pokemon for Ash: Pikachu, Sceptile, Infernape, Noctowl, Buizel, and Gliscor.

Elxar

Its funny that I rarely see Torterra on the list though. It started with a bang as a turtwig and ended with a whimper as a Torterra

JD

Hmm pretty tough one well I guess that their could be two options.

Option 1
Pikachu
Squirtle
Charizard
Bulbasaur
Heracross/Snorlax/Glalie
Swellow

Option 2
Pikachu
Charizard/Infernape
Sceptile
Gliscor/Swellow
Squirtle
Heracross/Snorlax/Glalie

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
- Pikachu (obviously);
- Charizard (obviously²);
- Sceptile;
- Infernape;
- Snorlax;
- Gliscor.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
Pikachu
Charizard /infernape (prlly charizard cause he's way more experienced and doesn't need to rely on his blaze)
Sceptile
Snorlax
Swellow
Glalie / heracross

Ofc this will probably change during gen 5 (we all lay our hopes on mijumaru)
And in the far future i lay my hopes on gible aswell

Last edited: