• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's ultimate team

Roach

In America!
Pikachu
Sceptile
Charizard/Infernape
Swellow
Corphish
Snorlax/Donphan

I think this team fits all of the types that Ash usually has. Also, I find it funny that when Mijumaru was released everybody hated it and now it seems like everyone thinks it will be a powerhouse on Ash's team.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Hm, this is harder than it seems, let´s see...

Alternative one

Pikachu

Sceptile

Staraptor

Heracross

Charizard

Infernape

Alternative two[/b9

The same 1 - 5 but Snorlax instead of Infernape

I based my team on Ash style with fast Pokémon that can deliver enormous raw power in different ways, sure it is two fire- types and no water but

a) Infernape can fight well on ground while Charizard can be used from above as well, we saw that in his match with Gary, Blastoise could not reach him while in air and that makes Charizard a Pokémon that can be used if the opponent has a strong Pokémon that must be on the ground

b) while Buizel and Squirtle are great I don´t see them in a final team even if he exchange Infernape because that would mean he could fit in Snorlax, and that is his only tank that he actually can handle

I also think that he needs a bird. The only way I could see a water- type be put in would be if he met a trainer that focused on fire- types. Then he could withdraw Infernape and use Squirtle instead of Snorlax in Infernapes otherwise token spot.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
I think this team fits all of the types that Ash usually has. Also, I find it funny that when Mijumaru was released everybody hated it and now it seems like everyone thinks it will be a powerhouse on Ash's team.

Well when they were displayed for the first time, everyone was excited.
and what did we get to see...
an otter with a red nose, freckles & looking sad
Though the animation can always make it badass and more apealing... which is what we're hoping for + we all hope for his waterpokemon to fully evolve, so why not make it a powerhouse and an elite-4 worthy adversary while they're at it (since ash has gained quite some experience with water-pokemon by now this could be possible)
In the anime they could make it a happy little fella which gets bad-*** in battle
And his evolution looks pretty badass allready ...
if it's water-fighting that'd be awesome and a perfect fit for ash
if it's water-ice, i wouldn't mind at all, cause he has had lapras before and it's a nice combination...
it'd make a nice variety:
Charizard => fire-flying
Infernape => fire-fighting
Sceptile => grass
Last stage mijumaru => water/fighting or water-ice

so his team in the future (against a champion) could be:

1) pikachu (always does well in important battles)
2) Charizard &/or Infernape (both powerhouses though infernape needs more experience)
3) Sceptile (powerhouse even though it's only grass-type only)
4) Mijumarus 3rd stage (let's hope for a powerhouse)
5) Garchomp (speaks for itself)
as 6th (if only 1 fire):
Normal : snorlax (idk why, but i trust it to take out at least 1 pokemon)
Flying: swellow (i just think it's his best flying-type in general)
bug: heracross
poison: muk (though i think it'll be taken out easily by an elite 4 or champion)
ice: glalie (if mujimaru doesn't become ice)

(if only he had kept larvitar -> tyranitar for the rock + dark-type and power)

no more need for
water or ice pokemon (squitle, kingler, totodile,corphish, buizel, (glalie))
ground (donphan, gliscor )
grass (torterra, bayleef, bulbasaur :/)
normal (tauros)
fire (quilava, torcoal)

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
IMO the 6 pokemon Ash can rely on most and would be his ultimate team are:

Pikachu - Always perfroms exremely well when duty calls at the end of the series and took out 2 legendaries
Bulbasaur - Proven to be very strong over the Original Series and an Original
Squirtle - Same as Bulbasaur
Charizard - His second most famed Pokemon and we all know how strong it is took out a legendary and was Ash's powerhouse in EP
Sceptile - Extremely quick, very reliable, took down Darkrai and Ash's powerhouse in AG
Infernape - Has had one hell of a push very strong, has his Epic Blaze ability
and was Ash's powerhouse throughout DP

Trapman

Bazinga!!
Here´s his strongest team imo:

1. Charizard
2. Snorlax
3. Sceptile
4. Pikachu
5. Squirtle
6. Heracross

I would have included Infernape but one fire type is enough.

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
Its been over one year since Ive actually signed in, and these are the topics that always bring me back lol

1. Pikachu - No matter where his power cycle may be, Ash's team would be incomplete without him.

2. Charizard - Though we haven't seen him in a while, Zard has done way more than enough to make Ash's best.

3. Sceptile - Hes always been a personal favorite of mine, and after defeating Darkrai his position is solidified.

4. Snorlax - For whatever reason I just dont take Snorlax seriously, but it wins very consistently. Plus, Ash really needs tough pokemon to round his team out.

5. Heracboss - Im not sure why he got so much screen time during the Sinnoh League but his skills were on full display. I dont have any problem putting him here.

6. This spot is very much open to fit the situation. "Secondary" powerhouses like Tauros, Kingler, Buizel, or Swellow would be ideal for this spot.

Id say swapping out Charizard for Infernape would be ok depending on the situation, and Bulbasaur or Glalie could be swapped in for any of these guys.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I wonder why bulbasaur made to so less number of lists. Hasn't he proved himself enough already?

Bulbasaur is pretty strong, and yes he has proven himself. But I think that he is mostly being overshadowed by Sceptile(main reason for it is that Sceptile is an evolved poke'mon, and that it beat Darkrai) despite the fact that I believe that a battle between them could go either way though since Bulbasaur got an advantage of being part poison type, but Sceptile got higher speed, greater power, and a boosting Overgrow to add to that.

Elxar

Well here is mine again:

Pikachu
Sceptile
Infernape (Charizard if in Johto/Kanto)
Buizel (Squirtle if in Kanto/Johto)
Swellow
Heracross

I wonder if he had not released Pidgeot it might have been better than Swellow.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Charizard
Kingler
Swellow
Snorlax
Tauros
Sceptile/Torterra

gliscor&yanmega

What do you mean by Ultimate Team? In what way?

For the most part there is no way to tell.

I'll just give the team that I would like best based on the overall Pokemon:

Gliscor-I love it's personality, and I love the Pokemon overall(One of my favorites). I also love it's battling style.

Totodile-Another personality and Pokemon I like. Would prefer if it had better moves.

Quilava-I like it...clearly that's what I'm basing the team on.

Glalie-Like it.

Kingler-Like it.

Muk-Like it.

If we're talking about power(Which I'm sure is the case) then there is for sure no way to tell.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Bulbasaur is pretty strong, and yes he has proven himself. But I think that he is mostly being overshadowed by Sceptile(main reason for it is that Sceptile is an evolved poke'mon, and that it beat Darkrai) despite the fact that I believe that a battle between them could go either way though since Bulbasaur got an advantage of being part poison type, but Sceptile got higher speed, greater power, and a boosting Overgrow to add to that.
Not to mention Bulbasaur's pride. It wouldn't want to loose to a fully evolved grass starter. I'd see it ending much like Bulbasaur's battle with Meganium.

This is why I think both Pokemon should be included. I mean people have teams with Charizard and Infernape so repeating a type isn't the reason, plus Bulbasaur was the 6th member of Ash's Johto team for quite a while.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Bulbasaur is a great pokemon, and would likely be a good sixth pokemon on an ultimate team, especially with regards to Takuto. He's a great support pokemon with his status effect powders. Put him in to put an opponent to sleep, poison it (can Bulbasaur use Poison Powder?), or paralyze it, and the battle gets very interesting very quickly, especially if Ash switches out for one of his powerhouse pokemon like Charizard, Snorlax, or Sceptile.

NearPerfectSquirtle

It's all about agua
I would have to say his most reliable team would be:
1. Pikachu
2. Infernape
3. Squirtle
4. Sceptile
5. Heracross
6. Charizard (i had to put him on this list although I think one fire type is enough. It fufills the flying type at least. An alternate would be Snorlax/Donphan/Noctowl)

Bastian

Umm
Noctowl
Sceptile
Charizard
Aipom
Snorlax
And Pikachu (last of course for dramatic effect ;)

Joe.

Pikachu
Charizard
Infernape
Sceptile
Snorlax
SQUIRTLE!

Ok last one was bias, but Heracross should go there, if he NEEDED a water type, Kingler would work, or Corphish.

Elxar

Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard all deserved to be in Ash's Ultimate Team, All of them are strong, experienced and hates to lose. Too bad he released 2 of them though they come back time to time (I realized that they can only be called upon in Johto/Kanto since they were neighboring regions). THus far they are consistent of their battle sreak getting at least one win everytime.