• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's ultimate team

Sonic527

Speed fanatic
Kinda hard to say for all pokemon have their strengths and weaknesses (except Torterra and Torkoal :p) but this how I would rate them as of now.

Pikachu: This thing has defeated many powerful pokemon like Dragonite, Regice, and recently Latios. Ash just needs to use Volt Tackle less so its not sucj a kame-kaze.

Skeptile: Defeated Darkrai so major props for that and was able to tie with a Blaziken when it clearly had a disadvantage.

Charizard: Defeated Articuno and fought well against an entei with hax crystals.

Infernape: Another fire type but at least he's part fighting. His blaze ability is basically the equivalent of a super saiyan.

Squirtle/Corphish/Kingiler: Its fair game here since all the water types are pretty equally matched.... except poor unfortunate Totodile and Buizel is at least getting better. Squirtle has been in many matches and is responsible for many of ash's wins in the Indigo league. His Shades make him bad ***. Corphish can take hits and is pretty speedy. He's able to OHKO at surprising times as well. Kingaler evolved randomly during a tourny battle in the indigo plateu and won with no experience or training with Ash. Surprise win ftw.

Noctowl: When it comes to the birds this one becomes extremely hard to say when all the birds are pretty equal. I'd say Noctowl just cause it can still hit ghosts and is full of surprises. Noctowl all the sudden has a new powerful move pool that hits hard. The johto league does it no justice anymore and should be removed from its resume. Staraptor is able to pull off a lot of powerful moves including close combat but this comes with a double edge for its defences are lowered and Brave Bird hurts it. Swellow is good and the fastest of ash's birds as well as being in the same rank as Corphish. I would make Swellow another choice if it wasn't for it getting quickly beaten by Latios but perhaps that is too strict.

Snorlax: The final member and may seem odd but he has lost little to none when ever he is used by Ash which is odd since ash is usually more focused on speed. He has great power and an excellent recovery move. The only reason ash uses it less is because according to the anime hibernates for a long time and is unusable during this time. When snorlax is ready to fight, fear it.

This is just my oppinon and I'm sure there are better combinations of Ash's pokemon and more reasons for better team match ups but the way I see it, this is ash's ultimate team for whatever he faces.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
So I guess Pikachu will always be in the ultimate team list. But if you look at it, when Ash didn't use Pikachu, he still came out alright.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
He came out alright when he didnt use Snorlax, Sceptile, Infernape , Charizard, wtv.

What's you point? oh none as usual sorry.

TrainerOfLegend

Pikachu
Bulbasaur
Infernape
Glalie
Swellow/Staraptor
Heracross

luckyumbreon

DragonExtraordinaire
I'd say....
Charizard
Infernape
Sceptile...only a tad bit more powerful than bulbasaur because it was his starter for the 3rd gen. Was more dependable for ash when it came down to things as his finisher.
Squirtle...no water pokemon even comes close to be honest. not Kingler, Corphish, or even Buizel. Buizel is the closest one to him. He just has more experience and techniques.
Snorlax...no question
Pikachu... at the beginning of each generation, he seems to get really weak but at the end super strong so the end of the generation Pikachu...(ex. like against Latios)

mercury898

Okay, his best team in my mind is no doubt:
Pikachu
Sceptile
Charizard
Snorlax
Swellow
Glalie

But if Ash didn't have any starters...:p

Heracross
Dophan
Torkoal
Corphish/Buizel
Snorlax
Swellow

thunderblade12

So hard to decide. All of Ash's pokemon have something that make it slightly better than the pokemon he has of the same type... Even if they don't have the best battle records (Muk, Torterra, Torkoal, Totodile) I think they're all about even really... They all have potential and are all deserving of being considered "powerhouses."

Props:

Pikachu is the definition of fluctuation. And don't fool yourselves, Pikachu isn't the only pokemon who's power fluctuates. Why should it be? It goes from defeating a Legendary it has a type advantage against (Iron Tail), to tying with an Elekid, to losing (badly) to a Drifblim it has a type advantage against, to tying with a Latios which has a type resistance against Electric attacks. Pikachu is Ash's strongest pokemon at the end of the day. Not Charizard, not Snorlax, not Sceptile, not Infernape.

If they have Ash use reserves in the Isshu League and his team for one of his full battles consists of Totodile, Torterra, Torkoal, Muk, and two neglected Isshu pokemon, I have no doubt in my mind that Ash would do well in the battle. As long as they don't rehash the Takuto battle that is. It depends on the opponent sometimes... If Ash battled Cynthia and the plot called for him to get swept, of course his team would look like weaklings. Can't hold that against them. But if he was battling a Gym Leader, Frontier Brain, or League trainer he'd be able to hold his own even with a team of what's considered his "worse" pokemon.

Last edited:

Stage On

Aura guardian
It's hard to pick an ultimate team since Ash has so many pokemon that are in the same general strength range

Pikachu
Charizard
Sceptile

Those three are almost always going to make the list because they have all defeated legendary pokemon. They are with out question Ash's strongest 3.

After that it gets kind of murky Snorlax is probally his forth strongest judging but it's great battle record.

Picking a 5th or 6th is really situation to who and what he would be facing off against.

Cyberpube

Banned
he's best team is truely is
pikachu [pikachu is ash's strongest pokemon no doubt]
infernape [here is ash's 2nd strongest pokemon 1st if using blaze]
charazard [only a tad weaker then infernape but more experience]
noctowl [ash's best flying type with an incredible movepool]
sceptile [obviously ash's strongest grass pokemon and extremly fast it's not as strong as infernape or charazard but is an extremely strong pokemon]

V Faction

www.faction.com
Team A:
Pikachu
Charizard
Snorlax
Sceptile
Infernape
Heracross

Team B:
Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Donphan
Swellow
Gliscor
Staraptor/Corphish

It's hard to pin down. Well, not so much the first team, but the second team. Lots of good Pokemon. Of course, most of those Pokemon have proven their worth or have gotten special training, so they're all equally qualified.

thunderblade12

I'm going to add the released pokemon for filler and blind hope

Team A:
Pikachu
Torkoal
Squirtle
Bayleef
Staraptor
Donphan

Team B:
Charizard
Totodile
Torterra
Swellow
Glalie
Butterfree

Team C:
Quilava
Sceptile
Buizel
Noctowl
Gliscor
Tauros

Team D:
Infernape
Bulbasaur
Corphish
Pidgeot
Heracross
Gible

Team E:
Primeape
Kingler
Muk
Larvitar
Snorlax
Lapras

Each of these teams would be major contenders. All about even IMO.

sceptile
charizard
kingler
snorlax
donphan
glalie

with heracross just missing out

or second choice:

bulbasaur
buizel
torkoal
raticate
beedrill
larvitar

Sparklingwater

The following team would be the strongest and most suitable if he need to battle strong trainers like the elite 4.
Inferape – With or without super saiyan, it’s proven to be outstanding.
Pikachu – If Pikachu battle like it battled Latio, almost nothing can stand in its way.
Snorlax – The only time snorlax fell was with Gary’s siccsor, but that’s after OHKO two of his other pokemon first. Snorlax will be able to stop Paul’s tortera in its track.
Septile – a combination of speed, power, and strength, enough to take down Darkrai, and still have energy to spare to fight Latio.
Lapras – Assuming that Lapras gets the same amount of exp as squitle in the fire fighter squad while with its crew, it will be Ash’s strongest water pokemon.
Charizard – At its best, Charizard can take on any pokemon, excluding uber legendary.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
So hard to decide. All of Ash's pokemon have something that make it slightly better than the pokemon he has of the same type... Even if they don't have the best battle records (Muk, Torterra, Torkoal, Totodile) I think they're all about even really... They all have potential and are all deserving of being considered "powerhouses."

Props:

Pikachu is the definition of fluctuation. And don't fool yourselves, Pikachu isn't the only pokemon who's power fluctuates. Why should it be? It goes from defeating a Legendary it has a type advantage against (Iron Tail), to tying with an Elekid, to losing (badly) to a Drifblim it has a type advantage against, to tying with a Latios which has a type resistance against Electric attacks. Pikachu is Ash's strongest pokemon at the end of the day. Not Charizard, not Snorlax, not Sceptile, not Infernape.

If they have Ash use reserves in the Isshu League and his team for one of his full battles consists of Totodile, Torterra, Torkoal, Muk, and two neglected Isshu pokemon, I have no doubt in my mind that Ash would do well in the battle. As long as they don't rehash the Takuto battle that is. It depends on the opponent sometimes... If Ash battled Cynthia and the plot called for him to get swept, of course his team would look like weaklings. Can't hold that against them. But if he was battling a Gym Leader, Frontier Brain, or League trainer he'd be able to hold his own even with a team of what's considered his "worse" pokemon.

I can't agree more. It also dpends on the moods of the writers as well. In case they are in a bad mood, they can show Ash being beaten by a Cotd without uber legendaries(although this would cause a backlash from the fandom).

Blazicken

Sex on fire
True pikachu has had a lot of epic wins, but that's cause it's always been with ash
and has had 100x more screentime and battles then all the others, so they can't allways make it win, and often make it up with some awesome wins (ex: regi-ice and latios)
But when it comes down to it charizard, sceptile and ifernape have often taken down oponents pikachu couldn't handle... so saying it's ash's strongest i find exagerated.

It all comes down to the plot... and the writers

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Ash needs to catch some new pokemon quickly so that these lists can change. I'm tired of seeing some of the kanto pokemon not evolve.