• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Unova League position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I think that since Ash keeps getting better, he'll get top 2 this time. But I don't think it's time for him to win a league yet. Although that would be neat because then they could show him battling the Elite Four and/or Champion, but I'm skeptical.

Smokey_d

It's been said many times by the writes of the anime, that once Ash wins a league it would have to end. Pokémon is a multi billion dollar franchise. I don't think they'll just give it up like that. They'll probably give him a rival in the last 20 or so episodes (to lose to) in the final 8 or 4. Since we haven't seen Cheren yet it will probably be him.

Nyter

Island Challenger
But think about it. In the first League, Kanto, Ash used only the Pokemon he caught in that league (well duh it's his first league...) and the league took up 6 episodes from "Round One, Begin" to "Friends To The End."
*Then we had this Orange League filler saga.*
In the second league, Johto, Ash used all his Pokemon from this and prior regions. The league took up 7 episodes with "A Claim to Flame" to "Johto Photo Finish."
Then we went straight to Hoenn and in that league, Ash only used the Pokemon he caught in that region (along with Pikachu of course). This league took 6 episodes from "Saved By The Beldum" to "At The End Of The Fray."
*Kanto Battle Frontier Saga insert here*
Then we go the Sinnoh League where Ash used his Pokemon from this and prior regions. This league took 7 episodes from "League Unleashed" to "The Semi-Final Frontier."
NOW let's talk about This league and the pattern from the prior. If you look at it, every other league starting with the first, Ash has usually used the Pokemon caught in THAT region. So this Region's league he will most likely be using only Pikachu and the Unova region Pokemon he catches. Now, the difference this region from the others is that Ash is catching Pokemon from Unova left and right. It will be hard to have all those Pokemon featured in just 6-7 episdoes. So my guess is, in order to make more league episodes, Ash will have to go even farther in the league position. Therefore, I feel Ash may make top 2 but lose so that his journey (and the series) continues.

Last edited:
Top 4. I can't see him finishing in the top 16 after how much he's improved since Kanto. Granted the Unova League may attract a higher class of trainers, but It'd still be jarring to bring Ash back down to zero.

dragonite8

Comeback Kip
why doesnt he ever try the leagues again? he claims hes going to be pokemon master but hes like terrible compaired to other people! hes getting 16 imo

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
It's been said many times by the writes of the anime, that once Ash wins a league it would have to end. Pokémon is a multi billion dollar franchise. I don't think they'll just give it up like that. They'll probably give him a rival in the last 20 or so episodes (to lose to) in the final 8 or 4. Since we haven't seen Cheren yet it will probably be him.

Really? The 'writes' of the anime actually said that it would have to end after he wins a league? Why would they say that? It would not have to end.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
He'll get to top 8 maybe or top 4 (less probable).

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Ash has improving since his Kanto League in the Original. Then he triumphed the Orange League if that's counts. Then he made to the Top 8 in Johto and Hoenn Leagues. Then he defeated Darkrai and made it in the Top 4 in the Sinnoh League. I just hope that Ash made it as either the top 2 or a champion in the Unova League. I don't mind if Ash finish in the Top 4 as long as he don't lose to Paul and beat Trip in the Unova League.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
I believe Ash will get Second place aka Top 2 for Unova. He's matured...mentally with his strategies and battle tactics over the year---time that has passed throughout the regions

JD

He got top 8 back in Hoenn and he got Top 4 back in Sinnoh I'm hoping this time he gets Top 2 and actually wins.

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3
Do you think nintendo is smart enough to realise that if Ash falls out at the top 16, people will stop watching?

And Ash won't win until the very end - ones his at the top, what's left for him to do? He'd be the champion! If anything, he'd be the champion of his home region

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
Considering however many may drop out of the show, that many more will come in.

So, top 8 just because.
I don't want the show ending anytime soon. I think they only got him to fourth last time because he had that many rivals (one had to lose to Paul)

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
Do you think nintendo is smart enough to realise that if Ash falls out at the top 16, people will stop watching?

And Ash won't win until the very end - ones his at the top, what's left for him to do? He'd be the champion! If anything, he'd be the champion of his home region

There would still be plenty for him to do. Such as go become champion of a new region? Becoming champion =/= end of series.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
After 11 years of disappointment I'm just hoping they don't rush the league this time, but in a perfect world The Finals vs N would be what I want

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Ash will not win the league.

I think he'll make top 4 at the highest.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Top 2 unless they pull another Hoenn on us.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos

If Ash wins the League, he has the option of fighting the Region's Elite 4. If he wins against the Elite 4, he would be allowed to fight against the Champion for the title. That was all covered in DP, and Ash wants to take on both challenges. The show doesn't have to end just because he wins a league tourney :b

That said, I think he can win this time due to his progress. I think the Sinnoh League was a testament to his ability as a Trainer.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think he`ll be in top 4 again or top 6

Status
Not open for further replies.