• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Unova League position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Ash always improves in each League so I say Top 4 or the Championship match where he loses.

Really? The 'writes' of the anime actually said that it would have to end after he wins a league? Why would they say that? It would not have to end.

It's been hinted [Starting in Sinnoh by Cynthia] that the Top League is the "Champions League" where apparently all the Regional Champions Compete in.

I think Trip will nail Ash in the final 2 battle.
I don't think this will happen, but you're close.

Reasons why you might be right:

For Trip to fullfill his dream of challenging the Champ, he'd have to win the League. So naturally that has him in the Top 2, so the best possible opponent would be Ash, Ash losing in the top 2.

Reasons why you're wrong:

I just don't see Ash losing to Trip. He's beaten all his Main rivals in the League, why stop that course now?

Also it's been hinted that even though Ash got top 8, top 4 in leagues, Hoenn and Sinnoh it was hinted that he was the second best trainer there, even though he just happened to take on the best trainer before the finals.

Hoenn - Meowth vs Pikachu - They were both so close, Ash just barely lost to him. And the guy won.

Sinnoh - Yes Ash got top 4, but he was Number 2 because even the finalist wasn't able to take down Darkrai. While Ash took Darkrai + Latios.

Last edited:

KKS-Lapras

It's been hinted in every League that Ash was better than many of the trainers who finished in the same place or above him.

In Kanto, Ash might not have lost when he did if Team Rocket had not worn out some of best Pokemon, Pidgeot and Pikachu. He may not have had to call on Charizard to battle if he been able to call on other Pokemon he might have brought with him to the battle if he hadn't been taken so far away by Team Rocket.

In Johto, Ash might not have lost when he did if Charizard had not had such a tough challenge in the previous battle. It's not impossible to surmise that Charizard wasn't at his full potential going into the battle with Blaziken.

In Hoenn, as others have said, he put up a decent challenge to the person who went on to win the tournament, having never used any of his reserves, some of whom are arguably stronger than some of his Hoenn team. He also used the same team the whole tournament, which again may have started to wear his team down as the tournament progressed.

In Sinnoh, he was the only trainer to knock out any of the tournament champion's Pokemon. He also didn't use some of his arguably strongest Pokemon for that match, Charizard, Snorlax, and so on.

Ash has done far better than his placement would suggest in every league to date.

MisterM

That's what she said
I think the writers will again surprise us with some random plot twist like they have been doing since the beginning of BW. I don't know if they'll follow the in-game story, but I don't think they will, I think the TP storyline will be concluded before the league.

When it comes to Ash's position, well many people already mentioned the fact that Ash has been progressing each league in terms of rank, and even Brock mentioned it at the end of Ash vs Tobias, saying that it's the first time Ash entered the top 4.

As such, I don't think the writers will make him regress and stop at top 8 or even lower, I think he may have a chance to make it to the final match against some strong opponent. Top 2 is, thus, the minimum IMO. If Ash were to win the tournament, then afterwards in a filler arc, he could challenge the E4 and Alder (officially this time) in order to become champion material. This can work the same way as the Battle Frontier : Ash faces the E4 (which are spread accross Eastern Unova, and not gathered in a single building as they are in-game) and only after having defeated them all, he can challenge Alder in some symbolic place.

And since this hypothetical post-league storyline will take place in a filler arc, then we can introduce past gens Pokemon (with captures, evolutions, return of other Pokemon... You know where I'm going right?), which could kill two birds with one stone : Ash, league champion, faces the E4 AND 'promotes' Ruby/Sapphire remakes :D

So, yeah, this is my speculation about Ash's league position : Winner! Maybe the final match will be him against Trip, with Alder eager to see who the winner could be...

Flippd

At least top 16. But he has alot of rivals this time, so it wont be easy. Ash and Trip will sure have a close battle, like he did with Paul. And i dont think any crazy massive powerhouse will come, as Tobias, and wins with ease. This is gonna be tough, and i hope Ash will win, FINALLY AGIAN!!

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Draw with Trip in the finals.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Ash is gonna lose this league, I can see it now, its been like that in the other four regions, I hope there isnt are trainer with legends this time, Tobias was too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.