• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Unova Team: The Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buechs44

Aipom Master
What do you guys think will be happening with Ash's Unova team when he heads to Kalos?

Obviously, they will be Oak'd just like all of his other Pokémon. But what I mean here is, do you guys think that the underdeveloped Pokémon (Oshawott, Snivy, Boldore, Palpitoad, Scraggy) will get chances in the future to appear again and maybe evolve?

It's just finally hitting me that Unova is rapidly approaching the finish line and a team of Pokémon the contains so many under-evolved Pokémon is not really that great.

I'm hoping that at least a couple of them pull a Phanpy/Cyndaquil and come back to evolve and help Ash out.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Oshawott is never evolving, snivy could have a chance to down the road, boldore would have to be traded, and palpitoad....uhhh, no. Scraggy really is the only.one with a decent chance.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
I'm afraid we'll never see Boldore, Palpitoad, or Unfezant ever again. I'm talking like worse than Kingler treatment. Ash has no reason to use Unfezant over Noctowl, Swellow, or Staraptor. I hope Boldore gets the Sinnoh League Noctowl treatment while Palpitoad gets the Quilava treatment

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
What do you guys think will be happening with Ash's Unova team when he heads to Kalos?

Obviously, they will be Oak'd just like all of his other Pokémon. But what I mean here is, do you guys think that the underdeveloped Pokémon (Oshawott, Snivy, Boldore, Palpitoad, Scraggy) will get chances in the future to appear again and maybe evolve?

It's just finally hitting me that Unova is rapidly approaching the finish line and a team of Pokémon the contains so many under-evolved Pokémon is not really that great.

I'm hoping that at least a couple of them pull a Phanpy/Cyndaquil and come back to evolve and help Ash out.
Well I feel like oshawott might go to kalos due to his marketability, the others... Well we've seen how many reappearances Tauros, kingler and muk have had... I don't see a bright future for his pokemon after being oaked

diakyu

They'll go to Oak's and stay there until Ash needs them for a league or something. Scraggy will come back later for something and evolve imo.

Edit: Oh, and Palpitoad and Kingler will become Bffs and cry together in the corner.

Last edited:

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
They'll all be Oaked and forgotten. "Worse than Kingler" is a good way to describe it, actually.

It's funny how people were complaining in the Sinnoh League about how a handful of Ash's Pokémon needed battle focus and then BW pretty much doubles the number

rjendo

Who's to say they won't do something different this time and maybe have Ash take more than just Pikachu to Kalos?

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
I've been freakin' wating for ages till snivy will evolve so I really hope she will .-.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
For all we know, Ash may pull a Johto and bring a few of his Unova pokémon with him just like he did with his Kanto pokémon for Johto

KKS-Lapras

For all we know, Ash may pull a Johto and bring a few of his Unova pokémon with him just like he did with his Kanto pokémon for Johto

Also, for all we know, maybe Ash won't capture as many Kalos Pokemon, and he may actually rotate in older Pokemon every now and again, since he knows to do that sort of now.

NPT

Just a member
There's a slight chance of Scraggy and Snivy evolving, but his other Pokémon will be Oaked.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
He isn't going to pull another johto. They are going to market the shiny new gen 6 pokemon for all they are worth. Why would they bring a ton of unova pokemon in when they are old news? The kanto pokemon were only there because they still actually marketed gen 3 games a lot.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
He isn't going to pull another johto. They are going to market the shiny new gen 6 pokemon for all they are worth. Why would they bring a ton of unova pokemon in when they are old news? The kanto pokemon were only there because they still actually marketed gen 3 games a lot.

Gee, thanks for killing what little optimism I have XD

pikaryan

I hope that by some miracle of the lord Charizard remains on his team. Don't really care about the others, it's been a really boring team this time around imo.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I hope that by some miracle of the lord Charizard remains on his team. Don't really care about the others, it's been a really boring team this time around imo.

And charizard has to loose against unevolved starters and early gyms?
Would drag his character down, they won't do it

And Yuoke is right
Their not going to bring so much old pokemon like they did in jhoto
They will want to promote kalos and all its new pokemon as much as possible

Aside from pikachu the only older pokemon I see appearing are TR's (if they appear) and Axew or Pansage/Stunfisk if Iris or Cilan go with him

I really don't see any of Ashs current pokemon going with him besides Pika. Of course I might change my mind if he catches something before BW ends or one of his existing pokemon has a new evo

Last edited:

pikaryan

And charizard has to loose against unevolved starters and early gyms?
Would drag his character down, they won't do it

And Yuoke is right
Their not going to bring so much old pokemon like they did in jhoto
They will want to promote kalos and all its new pokemon as much as possible
I'm fairly sure I made it quite obvious that I knew they wouldn't do it lol

SlimeStack

Ash is never going to pull a Johto again. Kanto and Johto are part of the same series, so they use all the same Pokémon and characters. Gen 2 also involves a lot of Kanto, so it worked.

XY is a brand new series, so Ash will be starting with a brand new team. The only exceptions are Pokémon like Aipom, who eventually took part in the Gen 4 promotion by evolving.

Status
Not open for further replies.