• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Unova Team: The Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Hikari already appeared in this region, why would she appear again?

waits for fer post

She likely won't be coming back imo, I'll never understand the obsession a lot of people have with old characters appearing. Hikari got like the best treatment screen time wise of all the Pokegirls and was the runner-up in first GF, which is much more than what Haruka got. Not to mention she's the only Pokegirl to leave the show with a full team. I mean full team as in Pokemon that aren't useless and have personalities to an extent, unlike most of Kasumi's team. Though I found myself more invested in Haruka's Coordinator quest simply due to her personality and more noticeable and linear growth as a trainer and person, even outside of Contest and she actually went on to overcome her rival. But, yeah if a character leaves the show and you have an affinity for them I think you should enjoy the time they did have instead of pinning for them to return. Variety is the spice of life and new things are without a doubt going to take place. Hikari got good treatment screen time wise, that's all she needs that's all she'll get.

The only one with a chance to come to Isshu is Zuruggu, mainly due to his lack of screen time, double weakness to the Fairy-type and connection to Kibago if Iris were to cameo at some point.

Last edited:

Matsuyamakun

Hikari already appeared in this region, why would she appear again?

I am not saying Hikari returns %100 in XY or future series, but her story is open-ended.It is still possible to see her.Charizard rejoined Ash for no reason after 7 years, sadly he hasn't done anything important in BW.Anyway, let's not get off the topic.

I mean, we can see Mijumaru again, only if Hikari/Pochama appear IMO.Because both of them are popular and cute pokemons.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I am not saying Hikari returns %100 in XY or future series, but her story is open-ended.It is still possible to see her.Charizard rejoined Ash for no reason after 7 years, sadly he hasn't done anything important in BW.Anyway, let's not get off the topic.

I mean, we can see Mijumaru again, only if Hikari/Pochama appear IMO.Because both of them are popular and cute pokemons.

Charizard is one of the main character pokemon.

Oshawott has its own merits, he is super popular, he doesn't need Piplup to appear to appear himself.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Uh, Oshawott and Piplup aren't a set. They're two completely different Pokemon with different trainers. They don't have to appear together imo. Oshawott could return in XY because he has a large fanbase who would welcome his return, not because of his relationship with Piplup, which always seemed to be more of a rivalry than a friendship to me but whatever.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Care to explain? why would they be forgotten worse than Kingler when all of them, including Palpitoad got better treatment than him? any chance they have to show Oshawott again, in a filler arc, they will most likelly use it for example.

Because I have a hunch that when BW is over, as much as can be 'erased' about it will be. Make all those horrible, boring Unova Pokemon who have no development disappear.

Imagine the hell that would break loose if Palpitoad or Oshawott took up an appearance that Buizel could have gotten in Kalos.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't think we'll see Dawn again. If the writers want to showcase a Piplup again they'll have a new one show up, like they seemingly always do with old pokemon they want to advertise again.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Because I have a hunch that when BW is over, as much as can be 'erased' about it will be. Make all those horrible, boring Unova Pokemon who have no development disappear.

Imagine the hell that would break loose if Palpitoad or Oshawott took up an appearance that Buizel could have gotten in Kalos.

Boring? personality wise, this pokemon have the best personalities since Johto.

I doubt Buizel is more popular than Oshawott in Japan, I seriously do and by what I mean is its not even close and I love both of them, Buizel is one of my favourite 4gen pokemon(ingame and anime, favourite in the anime was Gliscor then him) and even I don't believe that.

I don't believe anyone would be annoyed that Oshawott(unless it was permanent I can see people whining) or Palpitoad appear, people are still wishing for Palpitoad to appear, heck people are always talking about KINGLER apearing again, it was the only pokemon last league that wasn't either mentioned or appeared himself.

I don't see why, Snivy, Pignite, Oshawott, Krokoodile, Scraggy atleast wont be used again, plus Leavanny, how is any of this pokemon boring? they all had funny/cool moments and have shown their personalities.

Noctowl and Swellow appeared again, Unfezant can appear also.

Kingler, Corpish appeared again(Corpish didn't battle though) Palpitoad as a chance, or gets Kingler'ed.

Torkoal, Donphan and other non starters appeared again, so Boldore, Leavanny appearing is the same.

Its not like Satoshi only uses his evolved pokemon/supposed strongest by the fandom, he used Quilava instead of an evolved pokemon against Naoshi(event though Quilava is strong, but Pignite is at the same level atleast), he used Gible against Takuto when he could have used something else, same with Torkoal he could have used Snorlax.

I don't think we'll see Dawn again. If the writers want to showcase a Piplup again they'll have a new one show up, like they seemingly always do with old pokemon they want to advertise again.

Yeah its toys are still selling, so even if he is out of the anime, they probably don't need to bring him back, if it stops selling.

I honestly believe the Unova Pokemon will get the Johto Pokemon treatment. Maybe Krokorok and Oshawott will return, but the rest will be mostly forgotten.

What is Johto treatment, coming back in the Sinnoh league and 4 of 7 Johto pokemon appearing again and havinga good showing? well thats great then.

Noctowl beating LickyLicky
Heracross beating Kricketune
Cyndaquil coming back evolving and drawing with Armaldo
Heracross again in Darkrai battle
Donphan jobbing because it had a good showing in BF.

So if that means,

Unfezant beats a strong pokemon
Heracross beats a strong pokemon
Pignite/Snivy/Oshawot evolve and draw/beat a strong pokemon
Krokoodile jobbing a battle or possible getting a win(because it wouldn't have BF like Donphan)

I would be absolutelly fine with "Johto treatment".

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I honestly believe the Unova Pokemon will get the Johto Pokemon treatment. Maybe Krokorok and Oshawott will return, but the rest will be mostly forgotten.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if most of Best Wishes is forgotten about. Just look at the way BW blew off everything from DP at the beginning, which is why the transition from DP191 to BW1 was so awkward.

Best Wishes made it seem like most of DP never happened (aside from Dawn/Cynthia getting a cameo), so the XY series will probably do the same to BW.

Matsuyamakun

Charizard is one of the main character pokemon.

Oshawott has its own merits, he is super popular, he doesn't need Piplup to appear to appear himself.

Mijumaru is the most popular Unova Pokemon for sure.His popularity is as good as Piplup.Also he is my favourite Unova Pokemon.It was awesome to see when Mijumaru hugged Ash after beating Dewott, he trusted Ash at the first gym battle etc.Writers already made special tournament for him.I would like to see him again in XY, but highly doubt it.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Mijumaru is the most popular Unova Pokemon for sure.His popularity is as good as Piplup.Also he is my favourite Unova Pokemon.It was awesome to see when Mijumaru hugged Ash after beating Dewott, he trusted Ash at the first gym battle etc.Writers already made special tournament for him.I would like to see him again in XY, but highly doubt it.

I'm talking about the league and a filler arc, if they decide to use old pokemon.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Best Wishes made it seem like most of DP never happened (aside from Dawn/Cynthia getting a cameo), so the XY series will probably do the same to BW.

No it didn't.

Ash's room having his trophies from DP... Team Rocket's plot continuing directly from DP191... Dawn actually talking about being a Coordinator... Cynthia having a sizable role instead of just appearing in one episode... the current ending theme...

Just because it wasn't completely in your face about it doesn't mean BW "made it seem like most of DP never happened."

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
No it didn't.

Ash's room having his trophies from DP... Team Rocket's plot continuing directly from DP191... Dawn actually talking about being a Coordinator... Cynthia having a sizable role instead of just appearing in one episode... the current ending theme...

Just because it wasn't completely in your face about it doesn't mean BW "made it seem like most of DP never happened."

I'm mainly talking about Ash. The Ash in Best Wishes feels absolutely nothing like the one from the end of DP, and I'm talking about his personality too and not his battles.

BW Ash feels a lot like what Ash was during the Johto saga, which is what I assume the writers did because the BW trio was supposed to mimick the original trio in terms of dynamics. Perhaps XY Ash will take him back to what he was in DP.

Matsuyamakun

I'm talking about the league and a filler arc, if they decide to use old pokemon.

I am talking about Mijumaru can reappear for 20+episodes(similiar to Charizard's return in BW) in future series.Because he is a very popular pokemon.

Of course we can see any pokemons of Ash in Kalos League.I hope Ash will use his old pokemons in XY league.

LizardonX

Banned
God no to mijumaru ever appearing under Ash's control until at least the gen 8 league. Sell the toys, and the stickers, and the bubblegum by promoting wild mijumaru or something.

Matsuyamakun

God no to mijumaru ever appearing under Ash's control until at least the gen 8 league. Sell the toys, and the stickers, and the bubblegum by promoting wild mijumaru or something.

We need cute pokemons like Mijumaru, Piplup, so Ash's new pokemons evolve into their final forms.:) Ash did very well in DP.Because his team was strong.He evolved most of his pokemons.(Thanks to Piplup).

Edit:
Uh, Oshawott and Piplup aren't a set. They're two completely different Pokemon with different trainers. They don't have to appear together imo. Oshawott could return in XY because he has a large fanbase who would welcome his return, not because of his relationship with Piplup, which always seemed to be more of a rivalry than a friendship to me but whatever.

Sorry didn't see your message.Please read my posts above.I wasn't talking about Mijumaru reappearing for a few episodes.My english is not perfect.Hope you understand what I mean.:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.