• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Unova Team: The Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderblade12

Why they decided to handle the Unova team like this is beyond me. The best treated pokemon were treated worst than the worse treated ones from AG and DP. Team Rocket's and Brock's DP pokemon were treated better than most of Ash's Unova pokemon.

Additions like Boldore and Palpitoad don't make any sense. They were barely used in battle, they didn't add any personality or humor to the group, and they aren't particularly marketable pokemon. Why even bother having Ash catch them? They didn't even reach their final stages to give off the illusion that they're powerhouse reserves.

I heard the writers were switched at the beginning of BW. That would certainly explain a lot. Hopefully they switch them again at the start of the Kalos saga.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Why they decided to handle the Unova team like this is beyond me. The best treated pokemon were treated worst than the worse treated ones from AG and DP. Team Rocket's and Brock's DP pokemon were treated better than most of Ash's Unova pokemon.

Additions like Boldore and Palpitoad don't make any sense. They were barely used in battle, they didn't add any personality or humor to the group, and they aren't particularly marketable pokemon. Why even bother having Ash catch them? They didn't even reach their final stages to give off the illusion that they're powerhouse reserves.

I heard the writers were switched at the beginning of BW. That would certainly explain a lot. Hopefully they switch them again at the start of the Kalos saga.

I agree. Remember when people were speculating about the potential Ash's Gigalith and Trip's Conkeldurr rivalry? Remember when people expected Seismitoad? I've never really liked Palpitoad and don't understand why people would say it's so strong. Sure Hydro Pump and Mud Shot are cool(and eventually Sludge Wave), but he's barely mobile and can't take a lot of strong hits. Same with Boldore, it was supposed to be this super defensive tank but it has only a couple wins compared to many more losses.

And what puzzles me even more, are how people will say "Oh well Boldore/Scraggy/Stunfisk/etc had a 30 second battle where it won." and it's somehow equal to an actual onscreen win. We shouldn't have to assume so much happens offscreen...if we do then what is the point of even having an anime around it?

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

Maybe it was because they were trying to imitate his extra pokemon on his team like when he caught Krabby and Tauros that he barely used back in the day either. It was a nice idea at first but maybe they shouldn't try to do crap like that again anymore.

jrizza88

Meteorite
I disagree about many of these supposed facts, particularly the "Ash called upon Charizard to fight Entei" thing which is the other way around; Charizard saw Ash on a news report and went to help him. So Ash didn't call upon Charizard because he considered him to be his strongest Pokemon. It was just a matter of luck/convenience that Charizard appeared for the battle against Entei. It's these false credit scenarios that make me dislike Charizard's hype sometimes because of how people twist facts to make Charizard look good. I agree that he's a great battler, but I don't place him on a pedestal and it's weird how people completely pay dust to Pikachu despite his impressive victories and legacy. Charizard overshadows him completely for some reason and I think it's unfair to Pikachu. Thankfully the DA series proves my point for me; Charizard is just another Pokemon. No more, no less imo.

Omg yes! This saga pretty much cements that Pikachu is the overall strongest pokemon of all of them. I mean, charlzard is definitely top 3.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Omg yes! This saga pretty much cements that Pikachu is the overall strongest pokemon of all of them. I mean, charlzard is definitely top 3.

Pikachu is his strongest pokemon, stronger, than Charizard, Snorlax, Infernape, wtv you want to mention, every region he is the strongest.

Pikachu is his strongest pokemon, stronger, than Charizard, Snorlax, Infernape, wtv you want to mention, every region he is the strongest.

I am not saying Pikachu isn't his strongest Pokemon, but there's nothing saying that Pikachu is stronger than Charizard or Infernape etc. etc. Pikachu is Ash's "most trusted" partner. Don't confuse trust with strength.

I am not saying Pikachu isn't his strongest Pokemon, but there's nothing saying that Pikachu is stronger than Charizard or Infernape etc. etc. Pikachu is Ash's "most trusted" partner. Don't confuse trust with strength.

I agree with you. I think this is something people could debate about as much as they want but it's hard to come up with a right answer for Ash's strongest Pokémon. I know there are some we could eliminate based on what we have seen of them. I want to say Pikachu and Charizard are his Top 2 since they had some of the more impressive victories and that's really all we could base it on so far. I mean if we were looking for Ash's strongest, we need to definitely look at their wins because that's one of the only ways we could judge it and looking at Charizard's wins, it's completely understandable why he is near the top or at the top of most people's lists of Ash's strongest Pokémon.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
All of his Unova Pokemon will be Oaked, except for Charizard, who might stay on the team or go back to the Valley, and probably only Oshawott, Krookodile, and Charizard will be used in the future. All his other Unova Pokemon will probably be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.