• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Voice!

Old Voice or New (deeper) Voice

• Old Voice - Before Battle Frontier

Votes: 44 62.9%
  • New Voice - Battle Frontier Onwards

Votes: 26 37.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Meeeee ^.-
I'm just wondering who likes ash's:

-Old Voice - seasons 1-advanced battle
OR
-New Voice - battle frontier onwards (i think)

I think his voice changed because he reached puberty lol or the voice changed can't remember which is right :D

-Tom ^.^

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think overall I liked his Hoenn voice, since Veronica made him talk deeper since she was voicing May at the same time.

However I'm really starting to like his new voice as well. It really does make him sound older, and a bit more aggressive.

Only those SOVA nutjobs seem to have a problem with it nowadays.

Chimungus

His new voice.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I haven't seen much of dub Houen, therefore my opinions of his old voice stem from Johto and earler. And...it wasn't BAD, but after ten years or so, he could've stood to have his voice be a BIT less scratchy ten year old in it.
His new voice is okay. It does make him sound a bit older, which is good, and it's somewhat higher quality, but the acting sometimes leaves much to be desired, although it's definately improved.

And of course, there was his VERY first voice(as in, before the early Kanto voice changes for Meowth and James...and Ash), which I don't really remember and thus I won't comment on it...other than recalling that I did not like it very much.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I've never liked Ash's voice. Whoo-hoo, anarchy!

When I was younger, it tended to irritate me an awful lot, as I felt it sounded so...unatural when compared to the rest of the cast. Misty, Brock, Jessie, even James and Meowth sounded 'realistic', with that hint of cartoony charm thrown in, and each of those voices suited them. Then you had Ash, with this really scratchy, rasp of a voice. I always thought of it as being out of place and rather awkward. I mean, you had characters and filler guys like Gary and Richie who suffered from the same issues, but they were never around for more than an episode or two, so it was never much of a concern~

His new voice is considerably less of a raspy mess, but the fact that whoever does it can't seem to grasp the concept of acting doesn't make it much of an improvement. If any improvement at all.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
The I like the new Ash's voice better, but VT was better at acting it.

Still, Sarah IS improving, so I really don't mind it.

And of course, there was his VERY first voice(as in, before the early Kanto voice changes for Meowth and James...and Ash), which I don't really remember and thus I won't comment on it...other than recalling that I did not like it very much.

That was VT still. Meowth and James had different VA's, Ash always had VT till the change.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Sarah has been doing some good performances as of late. I really only "cringed" to Ash's new voice during the first 5 or so BF episodes. After that its improved well.

I still don't like how she reads titles, though. :p

XD375

Shane
I like all five voices (Kanto, Orange/Johto, Hoenn, Mastermind 1.0, Battle Frontier), although I don't like his Hoenn voice as much as the others.

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
I've never really liked his English voice tbh.

When I heard it the first time, he sounded like a troll. Which was just... awful.
Really, I can't understand how anyone would even like it. His new one is a teeny bit more decent, though, but overall the English voice(s) is/are just godawful.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Sorry...Veronica has done and will always do a better Ash. This new person just can't seem to show enough emotion to convey that she knows how Ash is feeling.

I will admit her Ash voice has gotten better. I'm just worried it'll take another 8 years for her to get to where Veronica was from pretty much mid- to late-Kanto.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
I haven't really seen much of Battle Frontier, just five episodes: the May vs. Harley contest, Grovyle's evolution, the Dragonair's Lake episode, the first Battle Pyramid episode, and the giant Slaking episode. I'd say, however, that Sarah's starting to get the emotion down, and I like the tone quality of her Ash better than I did Ms. Taylor's. Overall, I'd say she's about where VT was for the first half or so of Kanto, maybe a little better, and if she keeps improving at the rate at which she has been, I've no doubt that I'll end up liking her Ash voice better than I ever liked Ms. Taylor's.

I like both! But I really like Veronica Taylor's since she's one of my favorite VA's but I also like Sarah's Ash voice too, it's just that I like Veronica's voice a tad bit more.

Clash

He's Back!
Sorry...Veronica has done and will always do a better Ash. This new person just can't seem to show enough emotion to convey that she knows how Ash is feeling.

I will admit her Ash voice has gotten better. I'm just worried it'll take another 8 years for her to get to where Veronica was from pretty much mid- to late-Kanto.

Spoken for the truth.

Tom

Meeeee ^.-
Lots of replies in such a short time :D

I personallly think that his older voice is better because I have watched soooooooo many of them episodes. I've only watched a few episodes of battle frontier so far and it sounds a bit too deep and scratchy.

I'm sure I'll get used to it over time though. :D

-Tom ^.^

Lots of replies in such a short time :D

I personallly think that his older voice is better because I have watched soooooooo many of them episodes. I've only watched a few episodes of battle frontier so far and it sounds a bit too deep and scratchy.

I'm sure I'll get used to it over time though. :D

-Tom ^.^
Oh no, Ash sounds like he's not 10 anymore. That's horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.