• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Asian Interests

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Food, animé, manga, games from Japan, I practice yoga that originatd from India.

pirate555

Word.
In terms of Asia as a whole, I'm intrigued by all the cultures there, from Arabic to Chinese. Any culture worlds apart from my little Western bubble fascinates me. I happen to love Japanese and Indian cuisine, though while I say I like 'Chinese food', I've been assured that the westernised version of the Chinese meal is nothing like what you'd actually come across in China. I've never been to China, so I wouldn't know.

On the other hand, I have been to Japan, on my only excursion outside of Europe (parents are rather parochial when it comes to travel, this trip was with school). Japan interests me the most, and I'm hoping to go there for a year to teach in mid-2012. I like the culture and the food, but I'm also interested in the society and the media there. Really hoping to be a temporary part of it soon. That said, I can't see myself living anywhere in Asia (including Japan) permanently; I'm just too westernised and comfortable in my own culture.

Mochii

キラキラ☆
I'd definitely would love to go to Japan or South Korea. :) I'm interested because of Jpop/Jrock and Kpop. <3 Also for that fact I love their language and culture.

Emploneon

Smart but Dumb
^ Change Violin to Piano and you have my life. XD

I come from South Korea (nice place to live if you don't mind the heat and humidity in the summer). I've been to China (one of the best countries I've ever been to, mind you), and also to Thailand (not as impressive, but still great). I'd love to go to the UAE some day, as well as Japan (plainly for Pokémon, lol).

Omg I come from South Korea tooooooo! But their education is too hard from what I've heard.(Thats all my mom nags me about.) But I would like to go there again. Japan sounds pretty cool too. India looks pretty peaceful.

3lmi

pimping aint easy
I'm interested in K-Pop and J-Pop (mostly K-Pop).

I would like to visit Asia in one point of my life, mostly because it is so cultural, more foreign, and the big variety of people there.

I won't want to leave there, too use to Canada, and I love Canada.

Flame Mistress

Omg I come from South Korea tooooooo! But their education is too hard from what I've heard.(Thats all my mom nags me about.) But I would like to go there again. Japan sounds pretty cool too. India looks pretty peaceful.

Hell yeah it is... Nowadays. At least it's rumoured to be.

But Koreans living in England are worse. A girl I know is in Year 4 (that's age 8-9), and she already has Grade 8 in Piano. A little while ago, she told me that she HATES piano, and wants to quit it so bad, but her mum's forcing her to do it.

3lmi

pimping aint easy
Hell yeah it is... Nowadays. At least it's rumoured to be.

But Koreans living in England are worse. A girl I know is in Year 4 (that's age 8-9), and she already has Grade 8 in Piano. A little while ago, she told me that she HATES piano, and wants to quit it so bad, but her mum's forcing her to do it.

I feel sad for the girl, but I would also love to be her. I use to go to Piano lessons from Grade 1-3 but we couldn't afford it anymore :[.

After a while I forgot how to play the piano and now I'm thinking about taking it again (In grade 10 now) but I'll have to start from the beginning....

Seem

Hollen i ven.
I would most certainly love to visit all of the Asian countries, especially China! I'm a history lover so naturally I'd fill at least one photo album and travel journal on that alone, the very thought is exciting.

Japan interests me the most, and I'm hoping to go there for a year to teach in mid-2012.

Interesting, what are you temporarily planning to teach? They love English teachers, I can tell you that haha!

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I've been to India a few times, probable because I am 1/4 Indian. I was disappointed with most of it tbh. They have a lot of nice areas and then areas that are just appalling. It's a shame that people are either really rich or really poor there.
Anyway I'd quite like to visit Japan for the obvious gaming merchandise reasons. Thailand is another place I'd love to visit because of the culture and cuisine. I know some people who have met the monks and their Tigers... I'd love to do that!!

Hi,

I would love to visit Japan and South Korea, I think they just have some of the best food in the world and unfortunately eating Japanese/Korean meal in Australia is freaking expensive. Also the culture they've got is very interesting.

As for living, I would LOVE to live in Japan, but the job they offer for outsider is either English teacher or nothing, even with the stupid degree I've got there's just too much process to go through just so you can live and work in Japan, but I wish I could though.

Thanks.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
I am from Asia, so I've no interest in travelling in Asia other than my home country. Japan maybe, but I'd rather travel Europe and Latin America if I have the luxury.
Second that.

Anyone want to go to Indonesia?

Last edited:

shac

Hi,

I would love to visit Japan and South Korea, I think they just have some of the best food in the world and unfortunately eating Japanese/Korean meal in Australia is freaking expensive. Also the culture they've got is very interesting.

As for living, I would LOVE to live in Japan, but the job they offer for outsider is either English teacher or nothing, even with the stupid degree I've got there's just too much process to go through just so you can live and work in Japan, but I wish I could though.

Thanks.

not really....u can get good laksa for 18-20$. that's pretty cheap IMO.

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
Just about anything that is Japanese in origin, such as anime, video games, robots, Japanese mythology etc.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
I am Filipino (if you are not going to consider that Asian, England is Atlantic-Islander =P).
Everything Japanese is pro. I used to take Kempo Karate.
I would always love to travel and explore more of China and Japan.