• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reno

so adorable...
"Ask a Question" Thread Rules:
Ask a simple question about 4th Generation Competitive Play ONLY.
That means:
- No asking where to find sprites.
- No asking what level a Pokemon learns a move.

Things TO ask:
- What Pokemon would be best to complete my team?
- What EVs should I use on this Pokemon?
- What is the best set to use for this Pokemon?

I will add the team resource stuff in if people want them. I don't know how much they are used, so...

Babey_blue

Foreva and alwaez...
yay first post!

what is the best moveset/nature for absol?

thanks

Reno

so adorable...
Sucker Punch/Swords Dance/Superpower basically. Fire Blast, Psycho Cut or Night Slash in the last slot. Baton Pass is useful for getting out and keeping the boosts.

Standard 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP EV spread. No reason to use anything ele.

EDIT: Adamant. You want as much power as possible.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
I would say Impish or Careful nature, but that's just me. As for moveset, mine knows Sucker Punch, Slash, Night Slash, and Psycho Cut, all but Sucker Punch have high critical hit ratio and mine has Super Luck.

What's a good moveset for Cacturne?

Babey_blue

Foreva and alwaez...
ok thank you reno!

EDIT: thanks to reno and lordvader!

Rad3n

Banned
add in the stealth rock, LO and lefties number rules to the first post if you can. That's always being asked...

Reno

so adorable...
Cacturne really begs for sandstorm to be in play.

Cacturne @ Brightpowder
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Cacturne @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/144 Spd/112 SAtk
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Cacturne @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Counter
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb

EDIT:
add in the stealth rock, LO and lefties number rules to the first post if you can. That's always being asked...

To be frank, the only one I have cared about is Leftovers. Tell me the other rules so I can edit them in please. :D

fast_evo8

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss
I've got A Modest Dialga with 29 Ivs in Sp. Atk and 31 in Speed, I want to get the most power out of it so what moves should I use to back it up?

Reno

so adorable...
SpecsDialga.

Dialga @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere

Simple spread, but uses your 31 Speed IV to the max.

Saberu

This thread has a severe lack of me.
I'll fix that.

I need a good sunny day lead that is not an event. (except shaymin... which is owned by weavile.) Any suggestions?

I also need to find a heat rock. :redface:

Reno

so adorable...
Jumpluff. Done.

Great Speed coupled with Chlorophyll and a massive array of support moves.

Babey_blue

Foreva and alwaez...
saberu how about cherium?

randomspot555

How are the regional birds (Pidgeot, Noctow, Swellow, Staraptor) performing in the UU testing? Anything new going on with them?

Also, since everything with wings got Heatwave, who else is using it besides Zapdos?

Since the competitive game is becoming so offensive, who can pull off a good use of Icy Wind, or is it one of those moves that's too gimmicky to work? I imagine 1-2 hits with that could force some switches. Maybe some form of RestTalk Milotic?

Saberu

Jumpluff. Done.

Great Speed coupled with Chlorophyll and a massive array of support moves.
Are you sure jumpluff won't be owned by weavile?

Let's just say I've torn apart most of certain teams with mine. I'm afraid of what one would do to a grass-type lead.

A serious 'no' to cherrim. I want something I can get legitimately. :p I suffer from severe impatience

Rhys29

Encore
Staraptor is still getting good use in UU testing. Swellow not so much anymore, but still pretty solid. Noctowl and Pidgeot are non-existant from what I have been seeing.

Heatwave is generally used by Chatot and Honchcrow really outside of Zapdos. Not much than those two can use it effectively/have better options.

Icy Wind is a DB move and there it shall stay.

Reno

so adorable...
Jirachi can use Icy Wind well.

Erm... Staraptor is considered broken and people want it out of UU. The other birds are outclassed by Staraptor, so they aren't really used.

Bar the rare NPBat, nothing else really does.

Rad3n

Banned
Staraptor is one of the major threats in new UU. If you lack a way to sponge/counter it, it will rip you apart. Only Pokemon with decent SpA use Heat Wave. Staraptor has CC anyway.

For a Sunny Day lead you might try Hariyama as it counters Tyranitar fairly well.

Rhys29

Encore
Jirachi can use Icy Wind well.
I believe you mean coupled with Iron Head. It alread has a 100% speed drop rate. Icy Wind by itself, even on Jirachi, is really only a DB tactic to drop both of the opponent's speed which is rediculously useful. Otherwise it is outclassed by Ice Beam and even HP-Ice.

Austar

What moves would I use as a special wall Empoleon? I posted on last thread but I am misunderstood as English is not my first language and may have used my wording wrong. I have Surf and Ice beam and do not want to use a TM I can not get extra of.

fast_evo8

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss
I'm wanting a beasty gliscor and I'd like some suggestions for Natures and Moveset, maybe something that is quite unexpected as I'd like to suprise people :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.