• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
EDIT: My question: If Shaymin-S was banned from Smogon's Shoddy server because it can't be used on Wi-Fi, then why are the Rotom forms still allowed?

That wasn't the reason it was banned, it was found to be broken through trial tests since countering it was based more on luck then anything else.

Nabcake

hi all im hopeing i can get some useful feedback here, im kind of new to the more compedetive batteling side of pokemon. I recently started bulding a team to do Wi-Fi with but am having troubles getting to grips with what to use. Ive been using Smogon to choose move sets and help myself with EV's and have currently EV trained three pokemon but cant decide what kinds of pokemon i should use for the other 3 slots, im still getting used to what Walls really are and what makes a good wall...i understand sweepers i think currently my team looks like...

Umbreon (Male) Currently Lv58
EV's- HP 252
- Special Def 92
- Speed 164
Nature - Careful (has fairly decent IV's)
Moves - Being built as a trap passer
Mean Look
Taunt
Wish
Baton Pass

Tyranitar (Male) Currently Lv43
Ev's - Attack 120
- Special attack 136
- Speed 252
Nature - Hasty (Really good IV's)
Moves - wanted a semi diffrent to more commonly used
Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Stone Edge
Crunch

Pikachu (Male) Currently 42
Ev's - Attack 152
- Special Attack 104
- Speed 252
Nature - Hasty
Moves -
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
Substitute
Brick break

Ok so thats my current fully EV trained trio i have at the moment and am leveling them up to around the 50's to do some battle tower while i try to work out the rest of my team..

So my question is based on my current Trio what kind of other pokemon should i look to include with my team, examples would help but even if its look for 3 more sweepers, or some more support would be great. Also if its a wall / tank kind of pokemon please explain how i should go about using it.

Thankyou in advance for the advice i hope i posted this in the correct place. :)

piman34

All-around n00b
are there any viable physical sweepers (electric or can learn electric moves) besides electivire? I am thinking Metagross but I'm trying to stay away from steels due to trapping them that magnezone does

Reno

so adorable...
Luxray. Pretty much the only option for an Electric type.

There are plenty of physical threats that get Electric type moves though.

piman34

All-around n00b
@ reno, is luxray ou or does that not really matter? And also, in your opinion is stab physical electric siginficantly better than a strong physical sweeper with an electric attack?

StompPikachus

where can i find pictures of pokes to use in a RMT thread?

Awesome A

The Gameshark
Arkeis.com (Make sure to leave credit)

Eon_is_not_the_end

~Mentally Unstable~
Hello, i was wondering what a good EV spread for a Brave Bonsly would be? The IVS are as follows:

13/31/31/0/31/10

At lv.100, he only has 31 speed, which i'm fine with(yes, i'm making a NFE TR team)

Rhys29

Encore
BLEAH! No more Arkeis, please. Either use here for the basic sprites or just search for the original art from Sugimori (the man who does all the original art for pokemon).

Reno

so adorable...
Or use Blue Ace's art (if it still exists). Or even find pictures that aren't of the Pokemon, but oh the animal it is based off. Or funny pictures. Or draw them yourself.

Pictures are there mainly for aesthetics.

Or use Blue Ace's art (if it still exists). Or even find pictures that aren't of the Pokemon, but oh the animal it is based off. Or funny pictures. Or draw them yourself.

Pictures are there mainly for aesthetics.

Shouldn't you have like permission to use other people's art? Btw Arkeis looks stupid, or that's what I think.

Awesome A

The Gameshark
I hate Arkeis pics too! But I have no acess to poke pics other than sprites and google imges... and those always have that awful white/black box around them and are often mis-sized...

Oh! question: whats the strongest possible ice beam in OU? And i just want the poke... dont give me Specs modest 252 Spa ???. Just it's name. And this is only if it runs ice beam regularly. So, the strongest, naturally-occuring ice beam in OU

Awesome A

The Gameshark
Thanks JRC. And since you've rated my team, do you think if I add Latias I'll be too Ice weak? Because Even though T-Tar's neutral to it, it's often accompanied by surf, which can sting. Shaymin won't take much from Surf, isn't 2HKO'd by most Vaporeon, and outspeeds and 2HKO's with seed flare. but with entry hazards and prior damage, that may not be an effective strategy. *Sigh* and I haven't even gotten to Mamoswine yet....

Don't worry about Vaporeon, at least if you're running Draco Meteor on Latias. Draco Meteor coming from Timid Choice Specs Latias does 61.83% and the second Draco Meteor does 30.80%. So you basically use Draco Meteor while Vaporeon switches in, switch to Tyranitar to take the Ice Beam, then you switch to Latias to take the Surf and threaten a KO with Draco Meteor or a Trick.

Evo Janus

Veteran Trainer
i know rare candies dont produce EV's, but does that mean that if i train my EV's and then use a rare candy that i dont get those ev's? for example say im at level 99 and i train all my ev's but never level up. can i use a rare candy and still see those points? or does it literally mean that if i use a rare candy i dont get ev's at all?

Awesome A

The Gameshark
You never lose EVs. Even if you use the candy, you can just deposit the pokemon in a PC box and the EVs will be applied

piman34

All-around n00b
the only things that can take away ev's are berries, and they don't level you up so you should be good :p

Awesome_A, can you explain this box thing to me? is it useful other than to apply ev's to a level restricted pokemon?

What he means about the box is that if for example, let's say you have a Suicune with 200 Ev's in Def and still need 2000 points to level up, you can deposit said Suicune into a box and it will gain the 50 Def points (200 Ev's/4 = 50).

Status
Not open for further replies.