• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceEgg

PKMN Breeder
Trick room + Gyro Ball?
I am thinking of adding this to my world championships team... would this work well? i would teach one of my pokemon trick room... and since i have a very fast ;101; i would teach it gyro ball, hoping of maxing out its power. WILL THIS WORK???

No, Rotom H or any Rotom is an Infernape counter - Rotom H is 2HKO by an un-boosted Flamethrower and OHKO by an Nasty Plot Flamethrower.They keep their original Ghost / Electric typing if you thought Rotom H was Fire btw. There's also a Choice Scarf set you'd want to see.

Rotom H @ Choice Scarf
Modest
156 HP/ 124 Sp.A/ 228 Spe Or 188 HP/ 124 Sp.A/ 196 Spe
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt/ Discharge/ Hidden Power Fighting/ Thunder Wave/ Will-o-Wisp/ Reflect

The first spread outspeeds base all 130 while you have your Scarf on and Jolly max-Spe Breloom and Adamant max-Spe Mamoswine after you've tricked your Scarf away. The HP gets optimal Leftovers recovery for when the expected Leftovers is tricked.

The second spread outspeeds Jolly max-Spe Weavile while you have your Scarf on and Jolly max-Spe Tyranitar after you've tricked your Scarf away. The HP gets optimal Leftovers recovery as well.

Awesome A

The Gameshark
lol ok I didn't think it was fire i was just wondering if it was possible for me to outspeed and 1HKO an Infenape but I guess not. Thanks JRC

Actually you can outspeed and OHKO, that's why you have Choice Scarf. It's only that you'd need the Scarf, meaning you won't be able to Trick away your Scarf unless you're sure your opponent doesn't have an Infernape.

Awesome A

The Gameshark
Ahh ok so my idea isn't totally busted? Sweet! lol so I'll figure out a set that works and post it up for inspection

No, Rotom H or any Rotom is an Infernape counter - Rotom H is 2HKO by an un-boosted Flamethrower and OHKO by an Nasty Plot Flamethrower.They keep their original Ghost / Electric typing if you thought Rotom H was Fire btw. There's also a Choice Scarf set you'd want to see.

Rotom H @ Choice Scarf
Modest
156 HP/ 124 Sp.A/ 228 Spe Or 188 HP/ 124 Sp.A/ 196 Spe
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt/ Discharge/ Hidden Power Fighting/ Thunder Wave/ Will-o-Wisp/ Reflect

The first spread outspeeds base all 130 while you have your Scarf on and Jolly max-Spe Breloom and Adamant max-Spe Mamoswine after you've tricked your Scarf away. The HP gets optimal Leftovers recovery for when the expected Leftovers is tricked.

The second spread outspeeds Jolly max-Spe Weavile while you have your Scarf on and Jolly max-Spe Tyranitar after you've tricked your Scarf away. The HP gets optimal Leftovers recovery as well.

That is the set that will work.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Rotom does not OHKO Ape, it needs Specs or Hydro Pump to do that. But there is still the problem of being 2HKOed before you get the chance, so if you want a makeshift answer to Infernape then use the Wash Form with Hydro Pump and Scarf, though you should not grow used to the idea that this will be enough to stop Ape 100% of the time all the time.

Awesome A

The Gameshark
thanks Blue Ace. I was pretty sure the Rotom beating Nape idea was bust, but I wasn't sure.... So in conclusion, I will stick with Latias. lol

Awesome A

The Gameshark
Ok so I can't decide if this is singles or questions but:

Houndoom @Focus Sash
Early Bird
Rash
252 Spe/252 SpA/4 Def
~Fire Blast
~Dark Pulse
~Sucker Punch
~HP: Ground

This thing leads off just the way I like: I take down the enemy, and keep them from getting up SR. This beats Metagross, Jirachi, Azelf, Aerodactyl, Gengar, Heatran... pretty much every non-bulky lead. If you need an explanation of how this works: (T.T) Serisosly. Just hit them with my STAB super effective moves and then finish them w/ Sucker Punch if they're faster. Almost everyone attacks this thing before setting the rocks, so usually they don't get it up. The only problem with this is Azelf: Neither attack works, so it either explodes or SR's first turn. And the reason to use Early Bird as it's ability is that any sleep that would last 3 turns or less only lasts 1. So when Yanmega/Gengar sleep me first turn and expect to be safe next turn, they end up taking a Fire Blast/Dark Pulse to they face. Then I finish with STAB Sucker Punch

This is the leadDOOM from my Rmt at the moment, and here's the question: If I want to add counter to the set, where do I put it? Which move should I replace?

hey i'm in the middle of making a team (4 down and 2 to go!)
but i was wondering, is lefties a viable option on a bulky SD scizor, or does he narrowly miss out on important KO's without life orb?

hey i'm in the middle of making a team (4 down and 2 to go!)
but i was wondering, is lefties a viable option on a bulky SD scizor, or does he narrowly miss out on important KO's without life orb?

I think you're looking for this spread 92 HP/ 252 Att/ 164 Spe. You most likely know but this outspeeds Cresselia and Suicune. This spread was made by Blue Ace btw.

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
What is the best move set for my LV. 100 EV trained (252 Sp. Atk/ 128 Hp/ 128 Speed) Mild Kingdra.

So far it goes like this...

Hydro Pump
Surf
Dragon Pulse
Brine

Im thinking of swapping Brine for Ice Beam...

how many evs does starmie have to run to outspeed positive base 100's (252evs) by two points, ie: 192spd ape.

i did it myself, but kept ending up with diff answers :/ i am rather disapointed in myself but still.

help please?

Start breeding again. Use this spread 92 HP/ 252 Sp.A/ 164 Spe with a Modest nature. Use this moveset Rain Dance/ Hydro Pump/ Draco Meteor/ Hidden Power Electric.

Edit: @ GS, with a Timid nature and 252 Ev's Starmie sports 347 Spe outspeeding max Spe Infernape, therefore outspeeding max Spe base 100 - because Infernape is base 108 and you outspeed him.

Last edited:

groovitational skiing9867

trapeze teddiursa!
Wait do you want to outspeed Positive Base 100's or 192 spe evs mixape?

192 spe infernape = 331

Max Speed Base 100's = 328

To outspeed mixape by one point its timid 136spe evs

To outspeed max positive base 100's its timid 124spe evs

Correct me if I'm wrong but you were trying to outspeed mixape??

He wasn't trying to outspeed MixApe, MixApe was an example.

Wait do you want to outspeed Positive Base 100's or 192 spe evs mixape?

192 spe infernape = 331

Max Speed Base 100's = 328

To outspeed mixape by one point its timid 136spe evs

To outspeed max positive base 100's its timid 124spe evs

Correct me if I'm wrong but you were trying to outspeed mixape??

nope no correction needed, i got 136speed first off, but when i tried to make sure that i had the right speed, and subtracted it, i may have forgottin to factor in jump points and such. and ended up with 164iirc.
hence my prediciment:(

but does mixape aim for 331 speed? i thought he ran 329 or 330 or sumthin' (i forget lol)

Last edited:

Awesome A

The Gameshark
Gyarados or Zapdos? Because if it's BulkyGyara call it that. And.... idk. lol. I don't like those pokes so I've never really used them. Sry =[

Status
Not open for further replies.