• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

conal1568

Bring Back AFTERLIFE
Need this answered asap

Say I have light clay attached to my poke and use a screen and then switch out...

Do the effects of the light clay still linger

Or if I have a screen up with no light clay but switch to a poke which does have one will this had an effect on my screen time

piman34

All-around n00b
@ ar123 - http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24412/t933626-big-training-guide-evs-ivs-natures-september-6th-edit/ has some useful information about iv's and more! check it out. Also, http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/breeding_guide_part1 (and parts 2-4 also) are really helpful to learn about odds and stuff

@ conal: if you use light screen (or reflect) with a pokemon holding light clay, its effects last for the extra turns even if you switch out. and no it doesn't extend your current screens if you swap to a poke with it, after you used it

Awesome A

The Gameshark
I need a sixth for my team (Ive posted this team a few times before, but it's a bit different now):

LeadPert
Bulky Rotom-H
Support Tentacruel
Bulky CB Scizor
ResTalk Snorlax
???

I know I want a physical wall/defender of some sort, and the basic criteria is this:

-Can't add shared weaknesses (Unless it's negligable)
-Has to be both bulky and semi-offensive. This is a pseudo offense team, as every member has high attacking and defending stats so far except for Tentacruel (Who's just useful)
-No SR weaknesses. I can't stand that.

Thanks in advance! If I get a good solution to this, expect to see a RMT soon =]

C/P'd from the last page. Right now, I'm thinking Gliscor, as he can help take on Salamence and provides back-up countering ability agaisnt a whole bunch of stuff should Swampert or Rotom-H go down. However, Gliscor can be redundant at times, as he really is just a back-up tank. Thoughts?

i'm trying to figure out some speed tiers to hit for my scizor, and i was thinking, how much Spe does babiri-tar run?

on the same note, is it essential for scizor to outrun suicune and cress? as he can't to much to suicune anyway, and Cress can't do a lot to him while he gets in an X-Scissor or something.

Edit: and while looking on the shoddy stats page i saw that 1.5% of Vaporeon users ran a Lonely nature WTF!?!?##$&*#%

is there some hidden reason that i am missing? or are 1.5% of vappy users mentally retarded and using the completely oppostie nature on purpose?

Last edited:

groovitational skiing9867

trapeze teddiursa!
There are no lonely Vaporeons on the shoddy statistics...

And babiritar runs jolly and max speed and you should assume that he DDs on the switch so you have no hope of outrunning him...

Also IMO I don't think it is necessary to outrun both of them.

woops, i checked the january stats, but still. Wha?

and yea, i wasn't meaning me switching into him, i meant him switching into him, but thats not going to happen XP. so never mind.

Last edited:

hobby

Just to be different, how are these IVs for a Darkrai
Naive
9/29/29/23/13/27 (in the form HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe)

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
Edit: and while looking on the shoddy stats page i saw that 1.5% of Vaporeon users ran a Lonely nature WTF!?!?##$&*#%

is there some hidden reason that i am missing? or are 1.5% of vappy users mentally retarded and using the completely oppostie nature on purpose?
That would be because in the Team Builder, Lonely is the default set nature, and some users must have forgotten to change it to what they wanted.

Typhoon1

Tides have turned.
Is it worth it to keep a Modest Giratina with these IVs, or should I keep SRing?

18/19 HP
7/8 Att
3/4 Def
31 SpA
0 SpD
27/28 Spd

Kingdrom

Turn Away Again
Is it worth it to keep a Modest Giratina with these IVs, or should I keep SRing?

18/19 HP
7/8 Att
3/4 Def
31 SpA
0 SpD
27/28 Spd

This would only be remotely acceptable if it were for the Origin form, and even that is poor due to bad special defense which doesn't do well for a CM set. Reset.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
i'm trying to figure out some speed tiers to hit for my scizor, and i was thinking, how much Spe does babiri-tar run?

on the same note, is it essential for scizor to outrun suicune and cress? as he can't to much to suicune anyway, and Cress can't do a lot to him while he gets in an X-Scissor or something.

Babiri Berry Tyrantiar really is one of those bad trends in my opinion. In any case, as said before it will always have a Jolly nature so it will always outspeed any Adamant Scizor, even before a Dragon Dance.

As for the 2nd part, it is useful so Cresselia cannot set up a Screen, while you SD, as well as hitting Suicune 1st, as some people do tend to switch it in to take a Bullet Punch. This way you can hit it with an SD X-Scissor/ Brick Break/ Superpower etc, before it can hit you with a Surf. I'm sure you're aware that Scizor cannot afford to be wasting HP more so with Life Orb and Stealth Rock being ever present. So that small precaution will aide in a more successful sweep. Feel free to ignore this if you are using Roost and/or Leftovers.

And finally for significant EV points: 224 Speed for Adamant Max Speed Tyranitar, 164 Speed for the aforementioned Cresselia and Suicune, and 8 Speed for outspeeding Vaporeon and Swampert for the same reasoning as Suicune.

And depending on what item and what speed investment you choose, the HP and Attack should fit around it, as just using 252 EVs in Atk, hitting a significant speed point, and dumping the rest in HP should not be your mentality when creating an SD Scizor. I have plenty of EV spreads for SD Scizor which actually accomplish more than just outspeeding certain threats and being lazy with the available bulk.

Last edited:

xc2857

So i was reading up some Smogon builds and i recently started breeding for a porygon 2 wall. The build suggests Discharge over thunder bolt any reason why since discharge is weaker.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
So i was reading up some Smogon builds and i recently started breeding for a porygon 2 wall. The build suggests Discharge over thunder bolt any reason why since discharge is weaker.

Because Porygon2 is a wall NOT a sweeper, and could care less about power. Discharge offers the neat 30% chance of Paralysis at the cost of 15 Base Power, which is a great trade off. But if you are using Thunder Wave, then there is no point in using Discharge.

Babiri Berry Tyrantiar really is one of those bad trends in my opinion. In any case, as said before it will always have a Jolly nature so it will always outspeed any Adamant Scizor, even before a Dragon Dance.

As for the 2nd part, it is useful so Cresselia cannot set up a Screen, while you SD, as well as hitting Suicune 1st, as some people do tend to switch it in to take a Bullet Punch. This way you can hit it with an SD X-Scissor/ Brick Break/ Superpower etc, before it can hit you with a Surf. I'm sure you're aware that Scizor cannot afford to be wasting HP more so with Life Orb and Stealth Rock being ever present. So that small precaution will aide in a more successful sweep. Feel free to ignore this if you are using Roost and/or Leftovers.

And finally for significant EV points: 224 Speed for Adamant Max Speed Tyranitar, 164 Speed for the aforementioned Cresselia and Suicune, and 8 Speed for outspeeding Vaporeon and Swampert for the same reasoning as Suicune.

And depending on what item and what speed investment you choose, the HP and Attack should fit around it, as just using 252 EVs in Atk, hitting a significant speed point, and dumping the rest in HP should not be your mentality when creating an SD Scizor. I have plenty of EV spreads for SD Scizor which actually accomplish more than just outspeeding certain threats and being lazy with the available bulk.

n fact i am using a scizor with both roost and lefties, and i yes i think i will just aim for vappy to put the rest in defenses for optimal bulkyosity

Awesome A

The Gameshark
O.K. I have a question about EV's for a Crocune:

I'm running the standard set, and the EV's I'm using are 236 HP/252 Def/20 ? (Bold)

I'm wondering if the 252 Def is a good idea (for maximum tankage) or if I should go with the 216 jump point. And I also want to know what Spe I should aim for. And is there any guide for Spe tiering that's more extensive than Danbaru's? Or should I always just refer to that and hope for the best? If I need more Spe than the 20 leftover EV's allow for, I'll switch them. And if my spread is good, what should the last 20 go into? the obvious choice is SpA, but that's where my whole speed question comes it.

Thanks in advance =]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.