• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addie

(•✖•)
What is the point in scouting?

Knowing what your opponent is running is crucial in a battle. Like, if you know your opponent is running Choice Specs Salamence, then you can safely switch in Blissey instead of Swampert.

Kingdrom

Turn Away Again
Why give RestTalk Heatran that much speed?

As for the user above, I personally would not use a Heatran that had 0 in HP and SpDef.

That's not completely my set; extra brought it to my attention sometime last January. The 132 Ev's allow Heatran to outspeed SD Scizor and use Flamethrower / Fire Blast after switching in on a potential Superpower and surviving. It also outspeeds the rare max speed Adamant Tyranitar. It is less relevant now and therefore the investment can be dropped, yielding a spread of:

Modest: 252 Hp / 100 Def / 96 Sp. Atk / 60 Sp. Def

This allows you to only be 3HKO'ed (with Life Orb recoil) by +1 Kingdra LO Outrage and OHKO in return with Dragon Pulse, in addition to being able to survive Mixape CC and LO recoil, assuming you switch in on a fire move. The extra investment in special defense allows Heatran to survive offensive Latias Dragon Pulse followed by Surf, leaving Heatran with enough Hp to use Dragon Pulse (which OHKO's Latias at 80%) and survive the recoil. The excess Ev's were placed in special attack, which yields a bonus point.

Strangely, this looks somewhat familiar to the old Resttalk Heatran set (about April of 2008). Does anyone happen to remember what it was?

So, I restarted my Platinum and plan on using the team of Feraligator, Venesaur and either Charizard or Blaziken.

What would be more beneficial for in-game a Charizard or Blaziken?

DreamGG

ShinyLegendCollector
I have a Timid Latias with the following IVs:
13/10/10/15/16/21

Should I run a defensive or offensive Latias? With Latios gone, I wanted to do offensive but Latias was made to be more of a defensive Pokemon.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Those Evs are too bad for a Defensive Latias, and they're not good enough for an offensive one either.

Try to get another.

DreamGG

ShinyLegendCollector
That's the best I can do right now. It is extremely hard to find one that someone is willing to trade and is good. I've noticed that all the wild one's from R/S have pretty crappy IVs and I can't get to Southern Island.

now that would just be cheating plain and simple :(

i never PokeSAV as a rule.
it has nothing to do with the fact that i can't actually get a SAV where i live......

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Just a question,

since Wobbufet is Uber, then is Wynaut uber as well?

if not, would it be OK to use Wynaut in the OU, UU, and NU tiers?

now, im being serious here.

piman34

All-around n00b
how does pokesav work? how does it differ from an action replay? and what counts as legit iv and evs? just legal combinations?

Digital Love

Jew 'Fro's Graduate
PokeSAV is a program used to create Pokemon on your PC. It really does not differ from an action replay, since it basically is a program for it (though there are other ways to use PokeSAV on your game, I find that using an AR is the easiest method)

PokeSAV lets you choose what Pokemon you want, along with its nature, gender, moveset, item, etc., including stats and IV's, legit or obviously hacked (any time you see a pokemon with 999 of any stat, chances are, it's SAV'd) The program then gives you a code to add to your AR, thus giving you a new "cheat"

now that would just be cheating plain and simple :(

i never PokeSAV as a rule.
it has nothing to do with the fact that i can't actually get a SAV where i live......

As Digital Love said, there is nothing wrong with PokeSav if it's a legit hack. That may be my personal view of the point, but I say it also competitively speaking. It's like a shiny Pokemon; competitively it won't matter whether a Suicune is shiny or not, but if the Suicune itself is good (you wouldn't use a 24 Hp IV Suicune over a 31 Hp IV Suicune only because it's shiny.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Well as long as your modest about it, for example you don't give a poke 31 Ivs in all it's stats, and don't use illegal movesets or different abilities, then there really is no reason to complain about hacking, ARing, Pokesaving etc.

Though there is some controversy when it comes to trading hacks, but that's a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.