• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad3n

Banned
but are pokesav pokemon created here considered legit/legal?

Provided they are legal hacks there's really nothing wrong - whether or not the rules agree don't listen. Real Wifi battlers SAV.

You can always sig "I use legal hacks," though anyone serious about battling you will assume this anyway.

Rad3n

Banned
What, in your opinion, is the most reliable (works multiple times) way to counter Rayquaza?

Nothing really works more than once without recovery in between - though I'd give the title to Skarmory if anything. Scarfed Steel types work pretty well as switch ins - and Heatran is perfect if Earthquake is foregone (a decent proposition considering Outrage and Overheat do more to most things that attract ground moves anyway).

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
Nothing really works more than once without recovery in between - though I'd give the title to Skarmory if anything. Scarfed Steel types work pretty well as switch ins - and Heatran is perfect if Earthquake is foregone (a decent proposition considering Outrage and Overheat do more to most things that attract ground moves anyway).

Assuming Dragon dance/ Outrage/ Earthquake/ Overheat.

They DD on your switch, Overheat/ Earthquake your counter then Outrage. That's the problem I have.

I get around it by switching in Kyogre before switching to Skarmory, and wear it down with Stealth Rock and Life Orb damage, but I was hoping for a safer approach.

ScarfHeatran is one of those things that doesn't work twice, but thanks for your input.

Rad3n

Banned
Celebi is probably the best all round Swampert counter... Swampert is primarily a wall without recovery though, so if your team is weak against it, I imagine your team has numerous problems, especially with Gyarados. Its unboosted hits shouldn't be that hard to switch in on provided you have a good set of resistances, and chucking a random grass move on something is usually enough for Swampert to never be a "problem."

Xhizors

Banned
So I was using my CM Latias with a 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe spread, and I noticed it was lacking some bulk and wasn't surviving most attacks. So my question is: what EV spread should I run, I want a defensive one with some Spe EVs to outspeed some of the threats it counters. And please, please, don't suggest Smogon spreads, I've tried them all...

Thanks.

Dragoon952

The Winter Moth
As Digital Love said, there is nothing wrong with PokeSav if it's a legit hack. That may be my personal view of the point, but I say it also competitively speaking. It's like a shiny Pokemon; competitively it won't matter whether a Suicune is shiny or not, but if the Suicune itself is good (you wouldn't use a 24 Hp IV Suicune over a 31 Hp IV Suicune only because it's shiny.

Ok, I guess this might be the best way to ask this question since it was recently brought up.

I'm just starting to look into this competitive battling arena (new Pokemon player here, Platinum is my first game), but I'm a little, well, taken aback by all of this AR and PokeSave stuff.

Essentially, I want to start battling over WiFi (I'm not even going to attempt Shoddy quite yet), but I'm honestly afraid that there is no point if EVERYONE uses AR and PokeSave that battles over WiFi. I don't have tons of free time with my job and real life, but I've spent a lof of time breeding and getting everything in a legitimate fashion to even get half-way decent pokemon. I'm just afraid there was no reason for it.

So, my IV's aren't perfect, and, for instance, I only have one Grass Knot TM from my game play through and I don't have access to Pokemon like Celebi whenever I want. Should I even bother battling over WiFi when I'm operating this way? I want to expand my gameplay by meeting some Pokemon buddies to WiFi battle with, but from the talk around the net it seems like players like me are the rarer breed.

Should I jsut give in and invest in an AR and PokeSave and forget all of the work I put in?

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
So I was using my CM Latias with a 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe spread, and I noticed it was lacking some bulk and wasn't surviving most attacks. So my question is: what EV spread should I run, I want a defensive one with some Spe EVs to outspeed some of the threats it counters. And please, please, don't suggest Smogon spreads, I've tried them all...

Thanks.

76HP/ 252 SpA/ 180 Spe; is probably the best one as it outspeeds what it needs(Infernape and Salamence) without sacrificing any of it's offensive potential. Otherwise you could just swap the SpA Evs with HP and only run 76 SpA if you want bulk more.

Reno

so adorable...
Guys try.

Also, what updates have there been to Arceus' unbanning?

I guess Lugia. I know nout about ubers really.

Lugia if I recall correctly isn't OHKOed by anything Rayquaza can do and OHKOs with Ice Beam. Roost then recovers back to full health.

Dragoon952 said:
Essentially, I want to start battling over WiFi (I'm not even going to attempt Shoddy quite yet),
Try Shoddy first before attempting building a team. This way you won't waste time breeding for a team just to find out it sucks. Test in Shoddy, after you see your team works, implement it to Wi-Fi.

piman34

All-around n00b
for the rayquaza counter what about cresselia? it works as a good salamence counter, so couldn't it be tweaked to be a good rayquaza counter too?

polelover44

Your Face
I guess it could work. However, I doubt it could be tweaked to be 3HKOd by Ray. There is no true Rayquaza counter, which is why it's Uber
Also, it outclasses Mence at everything.

Kingdrom

Turn Away Again
The standard CB Groudon as recommended by Smogon is a decent check to DD Rayquaza at the least. Both Overheat and +1 Outrage fail to OHKO. In addition, CB Groudon isn't really set up bait.

It doesn't fare well against SD Rayquaza (I don't really play Ubers, so I don't know how popular this is), although that is too slow to be effective. Lugia is about the best possible that I can think of outside of defensive Arceus variants.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I have a question: (or a couple)
1. What are jump points? (i know they apply to stats, but how?)

2. Would it work if i used Normal Forme Deoxys for attacking, or would Attack forme outclass it in any shape, way, or Forme?

3. Besides Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Spikes, are there any other entry hazards to use?

4. For a Defenseve Lugia set, should i go for Defensive, or Sp.Defensive?
Or should i round out the 2 stats evenly?

Status
Not open for further replies.