• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome A

The Gameshark
Read Danbaru's guide (stickied to the CRMT) to learn about Jump Points in depth.

Basically, jump points are certaina ammounts of EV's where you get 2 stat points for 4 EV's. It's not much, but it sets a nice minimum investment and maximizes the ammount of stat points you get for your EV's.

Attack Form Deoxys is better. 30 extra base defensive points are worth nothing compared to more attacking stats.

No, but there are still things like Sand Storm and Hail to do more indirect damage.

And I don't know Ubers, so I can't deal with your last one.

=]

piman34

All-around n00b
i think lugia makes a good physical wall, but i don't play ubers either

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
thanks Awesome A and piman.

Now, just one more question arouses....

When EV Training the Lugia, what spread should I use?

should i care about its IVs or not?

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
thanks Awesome A and piman.

Now, just one more question arouses....

When EV Training the Lugia, what spread should I use?

should i care about its IVs or not?

piman34

All-around n00b
so i thought revenge killer scizor was kinda rare, and used it because well it works well, and also cuz it wasnt bog standard. but everywhere i look, i see it! So I was wondering, would ev's make it more unique, or would another revenge killer altogether work better? what are some other options for some revenge killers? Gengar? I'm just trying to get an idea of what I can do so people will actually rate my team :p

rest of the team is jirachi, porygon2, rotom-h, machamp, and vaporeon

Headshot-Jackal465

The Kwisatz Haderach
dugtrio is a good revenge killer. And it seems to have good synergy with vaporeon--it absorbs electric moves and allows vaporeon to heal itself when foes surf on it.

What exactly are Bronzong's jump points--I know his are irregular but I forgot what they are?

Awesome A

The Gameshark
Piman scizor is the most used pokemon evahhhhh... X/

Weavile works well, as does anything with a Scarf. Mainly, you want to be able to revenge kill dragons. Weak psychic/ghosts are another good group to aim for, as they are fast. Gyarados is also a big, hard-to-revenge target. I use ScarfMence, ScarfStar, and ScarfSlaking mostly. Scizor is also something I use, but who doesn't?

252 HP max attack scizor really is just good. It's simple and effective. Also, CB scizor is most common for revenge killing.

piman34

All-around n00b
okay i'll look around for another one and try it out. was thinking about dugtrio, but i just dont like that the priority move has to rely on them attacking...weavile i'll try too, since he somewhat has similar weaknesses to scizor it might fit into my team pretty well. thanks!

and slaking really? tell me more about this lol

Reno

so adorable...
Scarf Starmie is the best check to the top threats of the game. Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Hydro Pump/Trick stops so much stuff it is unbelievable.

Grass Knot can be used to take out Swampert, although Hydro Pump and Trick stops it anyway.

Fast_shoesXx

Question!

I'm raising an Infernape. There are the three types to choose from obviously: physical, special, or mixed.

Can somebody explain the pros and cons of each? What would you use and why?

Darkhonchcrow

Question!

I'm raising an Infernape. There are the three types to choose from obviously: physical, special, or mixed.

Can somebody explain the pros and cons of each? What would you use and why?

Physical Attacker: Powerful Physical Sweepers. Blocked by Physical Walls/ Mixed Walls.

Special Attacker: Powerful Special Sweepers. Blocked by Special Walls/ Mixed Walls.

Mixed Attacker: Wall-Breaker as no wall knows what move you will be doing. Run rampant through teams.

Mixed is the preferred choice to most players for reasons mentioned above, but at the end of the day - it's your choice.

Fast_shoesXx

Physical Attacker: Powerful Physical Sweepers. Blocked by Physical Walls/ Mixed Walls.

Special Attacker: Powerful Special Sweepers. Blocked by Special Walls/ Mixed Walls.

Mixed Attacker: Wall-Breaker as no wall knows what move you will be doing. Run rampant through teams.

Mixed is the preferred choice to most players for reasons mentioned above, but at the end of the day - it's your choice.

I was leaning towards mixed as well to take advantage of the stat spread. What kind of moveset(s) would be ideal here?

Darkhonchcrow

I was leaning towards mixed as well to take advantage of the stat spread. What kind of moveset(s) would be ideal here?

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive/Hasty Nature
64 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 192 Spe
Nasty Plot
Fire Blast / Flamethrower
Close Combat / Vacuum Wave
Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ice

Would be the Mixed set.

EDIT: Rank Up!

Last edited:

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
I like this set more, since it works better for this metagame:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive Nature (this way priority moves won't hurt as much)
64 SpA/ 252 Atk/ 192 Spe
- U-Turn
- Overheat
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

U-Turn hits Latias and Starmie switch ins very hard, so you can bring in your Pursuiter to finish them off, Stone Edge actually makes full use of the 192 Speed EVs so you can hit Salamence for super effective damage, Close Combat 2HKOs Vaporeon. Overheat OHKOs all those pesky Steel Types, bar Bronzong.

Headshot-Jackal465

The Kwisatz Haderach
My question again:

We all know Bronzong has irregular jump points--what are they for def and spdef?

Headshot-Jackal465

The Kwisatz Haderach
My question again:

We all know Bronzong has irregular jump points--what are they for def and spdef?

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
My question again:

248 EVs, 208 EVs, 168 EVs, 128 EVs, 88 EVs, 48 EVs, 8 EVs

These work only on the stat that your nature boosts, for example: Defense with a +Def nature, or Special Defense with a +SpD Nature. They will not work if you invest these numbers into Defense if you have a +SpD nature or vice versa. And obviously, this is assuming you have 31 IVs.

piman34

All-around n00b
hey reno, hydro pump over surf? is the power still worth it with less accuracy even after i say, get leftovers? from the trick. also, do you have a good spread for the scarf starmie? that sounds like an interesting thing to try, i'll give it a shot! thank you

StompPikachus

So I just hatched a shiny, rash natured Riolu. I'm thinking of a set like this, primarily for the Battle Zone (this is really only for the Battle Zone):
Lucario@Life Orb
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Extremespeed
- Agility/Metal Sound/Detect/Psychic*

Suggestions for an EV spread to help me take full advantage of this?

Reno

so adorable...
hey reno, hydro pump over surf? is the power still worth it with less accuracy even after i say, get leftovers? from the trick. also, do you have a good spread for the scarf starmie? that sounds like an interesting thing to try, i'll give it a shot! thank you

252 Speed, 80 HP, rest in Special Attack. Modest.

Always outspeeds Jolly +1 Salamence and OHKOs with Ice Beam. Heatran is always OHKOed by HYdro Pump.

As you will be using Starmie offensively, don't think about it from a defencive point of view. With 100 base Special Attack, it isn't hitting the hardest, especially with the small EV investment. Hydro Pump solves this to an extent.

I always use Hydro Pump over Surf anyway. Matter of preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.