• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
What works well with Shaymin-S and what are its counters?

Sebonzakura

moved to smogon
What works well with Shaymin-S and what are its counters?

I think that Tentacruel and bulky waters in general works well with Skymin because they resists fire and ice moves that Skymin hates.
A good counter for Shaymin-S is Blissey as its high SDef allows her to take hits but beware of the SDef drop by seed flare and substitute.

If I am correct you are trying to make an uber team.Good luck if so.

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
I think that Tentacruel and bulky waters in general works well with Skymin because they resists fire and ice moves that Skymin hates.
A good counter for Shaymin-S is Blissey as its high SDef allows her to take hits but beware of the SDef drop by seed flare and substitute.

If I am correct you are trying to make an uber team.Good luck if so.

Yes, I'm trying to make... better yet I'm fixing up my old uber team. Thanks.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
In Ubers, Kyogre makes a good partner.

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
That could work pretty well. I was made a team that would be built around Kyogre.

It looked like this:
Deoxys-S
Kyogre
Blissey
Palkia
Giratina
Scizor

I was told to use Kingdra, which would probably replace Palkia. The only problem I ever had with this team is that I have no counters for SD Rayquaza, who swept on numerous occasions.

randomspot555

Slowbro with some sp att evs. He can learn Flamethrower, has only trouble with the bug moves. But with good iv and nature he could be one to kill them.

Slowbro is weak to bug and dark, both of which are common on two Pokemon. Not a counter.

Flygon also learns Flamethrower and doesn't really get hurt by stealth rock.

Flygon has horrible special attack and gets access to Fire Punch.

Lallul

Pokézombie
Im putting these moves on my ninjask:
Baton pass
Substitute
Double team
swords dance

good?

Just imagine to baton pass in a tyranitar thats fast, hits extremely hard and is hard to land a stike on

lkelder0511

To smogon (Y)
Im putting these moves on my ninjask:
Baton pass
Substitute
Double team
swords dance

good?

Just imagine to baton pass in a tyranitar thats fast, hits extremely hard and is hard to land a stike on

Double team is just gay don't use it for competitive play. You can replace it with protect to get more speed boost or you can run x scissors

Sebonzakura

moved to smogon
Hi.What IVs I need to find Hidden Power [ice] on Gengar?

Xhizors

Banned
Hi.What IVs I need to find Hidden Power [ice] on Gengar?

Even (HP) | Odd (Atk) | Odd (Def) | Even (SpAtk) | Even (SpDef) | Even (Spe)

Last edited:

randomspot555

Even (HP) | Odd (Atk) | Odd (Def) | Even (SpAtk) | Even (SpDef) | Even (Spe)

Now the bad thing about HP Ice is that it means Gengar's speed and special attack has to be 30. Meaning all 31 IV 252 Gengars, assuming the same nature, will be outrunning it.

lkelder0511

To smogon (Y)
Now the bad thing about HP Ice is that it means Gengar's speed and special attack has to be 30. Meaning all 31 IV 252 Gengars, assuming the same nature, will be outrunning it.

Latias as well

Do choice items boost the power of punishment?

Surfing_Pikachu

Troggy

lkelder0511

To smogon (Y)
I'm thinking about using a Medicham in competitive battling. What do I need to watch out for?

Slap on a choice scarf and thats not a worry.

Being locked into psychic moves then being pursited by tar or weaville can suck for medicham

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
The type of flying. AKA, Crobat.

Xhizors

Banned
I'm thinking about using a Medicham in competitive battling. What do I need to watch out for?

You should specify wich tier you're going to use it in. I'm assuming that you meant OU.

Celebi, Cresselia, Dusknoir counter all forms of Medicham with ease if they are properly EV'eed in the defence department.

Gyarados and Salamence can switch in on non Choice band Medicham thanks to their resistance to fighting and Intimidate.

If you counter these threats, Medicham can sweep very easily in OU. Pair Medicham with a strong Pursuit user to beat the first three; Tyranitar, Weavile and Scizor are a good example although Dusknoir isn't affraid of Scizor, so prefferably go with the first two. You can also use a Gyarados and a Salamence counter like Porygon 2 wich are on every team these days.

Medicham is a good Pokemon but I wouldn't base a team around it, stick with Machamp as he has excelent attack, bulkiness and 100 % confusion. Machamp works great in OU because the two best counters to him are in UU (Spiritomb and Slowbro).

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT

i presume you mean HP fire?
cause ice is 30 IV in HP and Def.

Can anyone tell me the best set for mixmence?
the smogon set seems like too much of a well...smogon set XD

Last edited:
What is a good moveset for uxie? I was thinking of using a yawn dreameater combo but then i realized they could just switch out to negate this...

Status
Not open for further replies.