• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

piman34

All-around n00b
Another question: when, if any time, is it better to fill one slot on your team with a physical/special wall versus a mixed one? I'm trying to figure out if blissey (special wall) vs cresselia (mixed wall) would fit better, because they each offer different benefits, but blissey offers one less dark weakness...any advice?

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
What is the best damage calculator (I know one is Libelldra)?

randomspot555

The thing about walls is, no one can wall like Blissey. Blissey is basically what keeps special sweepers from dominating the metagame, because it can shut them all down and force a switch. I suspect this is part of the reason why mixed attackers are so much more common, so you aren't so easily walled by the defensive Pokemon.

And part of the reason why physical offense is so powerful in today's metagame is because no one on the physical side can wall like Blissey can, at least not without a lot of set up.

You really should ask yourself why you need a Pokemon who's sole purpose is to just take a beating. I prefer using sets and tweaking EVs so my Pokes can survive 1-2 hits and still have some attacking power. Scizor, Gyarados, Salamence, Dragonite, even Weavile (as Rhys pointed out way back when) can all work small wonders with proper defensive EV investment without sacrificing their immense offensive power.

I'm running on nearly empty, so Blue Ace etc... should feel free to add more to whatever I said.

Awesome A

The Gameshark
Ok my question got bumped off the page w/ no answer so I'm reposting:

Is there another way to beat stall rather than throwing in a mixed sweeper? or is that really the only way to 100% deal with it? because I don't have room for one on my team right now and i need to break that awful Skarm/Bliss/Cress/tentacruel/Hippowdon/Celebi/Rotom-Forme you-pick-four team style that's floating around right now.
And I dont mean counters I mean a way to beat stall

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!

pokedude001

mid trainer
what is the best grass pokemon to battle online without getting ko'd in one shot

Rad3n

Banned
Celebi and Shaymin both have 100/100/100 Defences. Tangrowth is quite bulky too. Celebi has a healing move, but is hard to obtain. Pretty much every Grass Pokemon in the game is going to be 0HKOd by Heatran's Fire Blast though... so your last part's out. (Unless you opt for Grass Arceus or something)

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
For a Rapid Spinner, would you use the basic Forretress or the Spin Support Torkoal? My team lacks another Fire attack, so I'm leaning towards Torkoal. Suggestions?
I don't like Torkoal as a spinner, due to its Stealth Rock weakness. The spinner you pick depends on what else you have on the team.

StompPikachus

A few days back i was on (i think) the competitive single rates forum and saw someone had mentioned a choice scarf set for scizor (possibly Rhys?...not sure). Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can anyone direct me to where I can find that set?

Reno

so adorable...
A few days back i was on (i think) the competitive single rates forum and saw someone had mentioned a choice scarf set for scizor (possibly Rhys?...not sure). Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can anyone direct me to where I can find that set?

It is basically the CB set but with a Scarf.

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
The forums have a search function where you search for threads and posts containing whatever you want. It's a rather efficient feature. :)

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
For a damage calculator, I still use Marriland's as it is incredibly simple, I recommend staying away from Metalkids' as it does overshoot sometimes.

Why is it that when I leave, Brayels becomes a good user?

THAT BE MY QUERY.

480us4.png

EDIT: Uxie needs a tan too.

Last edited:

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
Why is it that when I leave, Brayels becomes a good user?
It's the mood swings. Regardless of them, I'm always a good user. How I act depends on how many people I want sucking my dick. It's gotta be awfully crowded around yours, so I can service the others if you want. :)

StompPikachus

The forums have a search function where you search for threads and posts containing whatever you want. It's a rather efficient feature. :)

thanks. i tried that but i'm not sure exactly which forum i was in or if it was rather a separate RMT thread i was reading.

It is basically the CB set but with a Scarf.

Is the EV spread the same as the CB set?

mutantmango

A Rampaging Luvdisc
I recently got traded a Timid WCS Milotic, and I was wondering what to use with it.

I haven't got a clue. It does have Icy Wind though (lowering Speed can be useful against Mence, Heatran etc), so maybe some sort of tank? Possibly a moveset of Surf/Icy Wind/Toxic/Recover?

Any help on EVs would be greatly appreciated.

randomspot555

I recently got traded a Timid WCS Milotic, and I was wondering what to use with it.

I haven't got a clue. It does have Icy Wind though (lowering Speed can be useful against Mence, Heatran etc), so maybe some sort of tank? Possibly a moveset of Surf/Icy Wind/Toxic/Recover?

Any help on EVs would be greatly appreciated.

Icy Wind can arguably be used to force switches, but the base power is so low that you might as well just use Ice Beam instead. But in a gimmicky sense, it might work, depending on the rest of your team.

Your standard Specs should be fine.

w/ Specs
252 sp atk/252 speed/4 HP
Timid
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam,
- Dragon Pulse
- Filler

For the 4th slot, you'll want a good Hidden Power to round out your coverage because Milotic's move pool sucks. HP Grass would be handy to take on Swampert or HP Fire for Scizor, though neither will enjoy repeated STAB Surf/Hydro Pump. HP Electric (best) would be fine for Gyarados and prevent easy switch ins from other water types.

Now assuming your Hidden Power sucks, you can still put something useful in the 4th slot. Surf is an option if you want a more accurate STAB (But Hydro Pump should be in the 1st slot because, assuming you're up against a special attacker, Milotic can afford to miss). Toxic could help out against bulky waters like Suicune. Icy Wind is only an option for the 4th slot if you want something VERY gimmicky. Sometimes gimmicky can be pulled off on Wi-Fi, though I've lost more than a few battles because I chose to be "unique" instead of doing what's best in terms of strategy.

If you wanted to Scarf it, think about specific opponents you want to outrun, adjust the speed EVs, then dump whatever is left over into a defensive stat (though there's a very real possibility you might just stick with the 252/252/4 spread anyway).

And don't feel too bad if you end up deleting Icy Wind. Milotic can re-learn it in Platinum via Move Tutor.

EDIT: My question: If Shaymin-S was banned from Smogon's Shoddy server because it can't be used on Wi-Fi, then why are the Rotom forms still allowed?

Last edited:

SelenaluvsDylan22

Goodbye Rebellion
Hey does anyone know what I could do with a Timid Dratini with 31 ATk IVs?

Thanks in advance

You could use it as a CB dragonite 252 spe 252 att 4 HP

Status
Not open for further replies.