• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm not the best for recommending stuff on IVs because I only play Shoddy, but I'll give you my opinion. Unfortunately, it's speed is just a tad slow. With a Scarf, it only ties Jolly Dugtrio and friends. It definitely can do Specs though, and it might be able to pull off a bulky or restalk set (on the SDef side, maybe not on the Def side). I'd probably keep it unless you think you can do better in a short amount of time.

I have a question where can I find the suspect list? Or can anyone tell me which pokemon are currently under suspect?

BlackHeart

Gnarf Gnarf Gnarf
Sorry to ask again, but since the HP is Fighting, and Smogon recommends Grass, what would make a good subsitute for Specstran. This is the set I'm thinking of.

Modest Heatran@ Choice Specs
40 HP/252 Special Attack/216 Speed
-Overheat
-Earthpower
-Dragon Pulse
-?????

I was thinking maybe Toxic, so atleast I could status bulky waters. Or do you guys think the bulky restalk set is better for the IV Spread he has (28/10/16/30/26/26) with the following moves

Modest Heatran @ Leftovers
248 HP/56 Special Attack/204 Special Defense
Lava Plume
Earthpower
Rest
Sleep Talk

randomspot555

Sorry to ask again, but since the HP is Fighting, and Smogon recommends Grass, what would make a good subsitute for Specstran. This is the set I'm thinking of.

Modest Heatran@ Choice Specs
40 HP/252 Special Attack/216 Speed
-Overheat
-Earthpower
-Dragon Pulse
-?????

I was thinking maybe Toxic, so atleast I could status bulky waters. Or do you guys think the bulky restalk set is better for the IV Spread he has (28/10/16/30/26/26) with the following moves

Modest Heatran @ Leftovers
248 HP/56 Special Attack/204 Special Defense
Lava Plume
Earthpower
Rest
Sleep Talk

HP Fighting isn't the best, but it's not useless, especially since it doesn't learn any other worthwhile fighting attacks.On Specs, I'd use Dark Pulse over Dragon Pulse, simply because most dragons that'll be hit by it will be outspeeding you anyway. On a Scarf/revenge killer, Pulse is more fitting.

As for the Rest Talk set, I've seen that posted somewhere before. Maybe a few pages back?

Luxe

Stranded MeisterIsle
Here's my question. Would the different forms of Rotom be considered the same Pokemon, therefore breaking that rule about only having one of each pokemon, or are they considered acceptable because they are different? My plan is to make a great defensive team utilising the 5 different Rotoms, provided I could get 5 different Rotoms onto one game.

Mattyz

Blue Mew ^^
Ok simple question
If I have finished my EV training and got the Ribbon proving it, can I just rare candy the pokemon up to lvl 100 and the stats would be as good as if I trained it?

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
^Yes, if you have enough Rare Candies, that would work.

Okay, I'm planning on raising a Feraligator (sp?), and i want to use it as a physical sweeper. Here's what I'm planning:
Nature: Either Adamant/Jolly
EV's: 6 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Crunch/Ice Punch (which one?)
-Dragon Dance/ Swords Dance (respective to nature)
So what nature should I use and should I use Crunch or Ice Punch.

domo

I've only played through any of the d/p/p games once, so the only heatran ive got happens to be bold. is it worth using competitively even without the +speed nature? was thinking subtran with either wow or toxic

elitefive5

StrategyRules
in platinum is giratina's shinyness/nature/ivs set in the distortion world or also in turnback cave? like if i beat a non shiny giratina in the distortion world and then find a shiny one at turnback cave?

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
in platinum is giratina's shinyness/nature/ivs set in the distortion world or also in turnback cave? like if i beat a non shiny giratina in the distortion world and then find a shiny one at turnback cave?

What? You can only catch Giratina once in Platinum and that is in Distortion World, and it's IVs, Nature etc can be SRed.

Awesome A

The Gameshark
You cannot use multiple rotom formes on the same team

daloira

Wise Trainer
Hey. I was wondering if i could still run a lunar dance set cresselia with an impish nature? It has pretty good ivs and a perfect speed iv to set up dual screen. Any suggestions?

elitefive5

StrategyRules
r u sure cause in the guide i bought for platinum it says that if you dont catch giratina in the distortion world then you can catch it later in turnback cave.

Rezon

Banned
Does a Scarfed Gengar need Max Speed evs? Does it outspeed anything specifaclly?

elitefive5

StrategyRules
in platinum is giratina's shinyness/nature/ivs set in the distortion world or is it reset in turnback cave if i dont capture it? (yes if you dont catch it in the distortion world it appears in turnback cave)

Status
Not open for further replies.