1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Discussion in 'Older Gen RMT' started by Reno, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal have a drink on me

Can some one telll me a good set for a Cloyster?
    And should a get a Toxic Spikes one or not?

2. spareux

spareux maldición

You asked for a "tank", which generally has connotations of being able to survive attacks, and reliabily stick around for a while.
    Without RestTalk you can't really do that. Go figure!

Spikes / Toxic Spikes | Ice Beam | Surf | Rapid Spin
    is probably the best one.
    It can restalk but thats not too good...

TS is probably better in the long run. I suppose it depends on what you need your team to do.

Explosion can fit on somewhere.
    Max HP / Def because Cloyster can't really do much else, aside from taking Ice attacks I suppose. You can buffer up SDef if you really want to, but personally I wouldn't. Although it does have a few interesting special resistances I suppose.

3. Kujoshan

Kujoshan We've arrived...

A tank doesnt need restalk to be a tank.

A tank is a pokemon who can absorb the hits and then kill the opp. pokemon

Not restore health, take a hit, have a 66.66% to attack.

4. spareux

spareux maldición

I didn't say that.
    I said a tank should be able to stick around for a while.
    Rhyperior is still taking ~30% from random neutral and super effective hits.
    So it cannot stick around for as long as it could without stalk.
    Jesus.

5. MajorGambit

MajorGambit Well-Known Member

Why do you still insist??

Are you dumb or so???

Dragon Rush is a TERRIBLE MOVE. Look deeply into it and you'll find why is SUCKS and no one EVER USES IT!!

Rock Wrecker??? For your poke to be a set up bait and lose one turn??? For a poke to do WHATEVER IT WANTS WITHOUT YOU BEING ABLE TO SWITCH???

Seriously, go study this game hard on smogon or just give up!

6. lkelder0511

lkelder0511 To smogon (Y)

It is used to be used on Atlaria before platinum though XD (random fact)

But yes kujoshan those suggestions are really bad

7. MajorGambit

MajorGambit Well-Known Member

Oh, my bad for forgetting this *coughnotcough* useful information :p

8. Kujoshan

Kujoshan We've arrived...

It has served me well in the past. The slight side-effects of the moves are made up with the fact that they almost always 1HKO yes people don't use them. That's exactly why I do. they think "Oh he's gonna use stone edge I can take that then pwn him with this." WRONG Rock Wrecker 1HKO.

You see what I mean. The side-effects don't really bother me. but thats just me...

9. lkelder0511

lkelder0511 To smogon (Y)

A rock wrecker is doing much more than a stone edge no to mention if you play against a smart opponent will switch their rock resist and BAM HEAL OF ALL THE DAMAGE while you recharge

God your a dumb ***

10. Kingdrom

Kingdrom Turn Away Again

If no-one else appreciates these moves competitively, including myself, then perhaps it isn't a good move to use? And you get set up on afterwards. Unless you have great teambuilding, there simply isn't room to let threats set up while you are forced to stay in and get killed, set up on, etc. I can't remember ever being beaten by someone who uses such moves, but then again I've never faced you, so that isn't a valid argument against their inconveniences.

Also, as a heads up Kujoshan, the link in your sig displays an error when clicked.

11. Drybones446

Drybones446 That Photography Guy

RestTalk is a good tanking strategy. If you want to stay alive for long then use that. Otherwise it isn't a freakin' tank, its a freakin' sweeper.

Dragon Rush=No No for Rhyperior. Earthquake / Aqua Tail / Stone Edge / Megahorn is better.
    Rock Wrecker is fail. Even if you OHKO the Pokemon, you're just giving set-up time for the next Pokemon who switch in. And even if a Porygon-Z's Ice Beam is a 2HKO on Sandstorm (its just an example, don't bash), it will still KO you since the recharge time and the next turn means any attack that will 2HKO will be an essential KO.

=\

Also, that moveset is suited to a Choice Band. If you want a tank, use a freakin' RestTalk set!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  12. killerporygon

killerporygon Member

quite a predicament

how do i get wailord to learn selfdestruct? smogon says he can but when i look at serebii i don't see it listed as an attack he can learn

13. calze6

calze6 Reclaiming da ladder

Hey, does anyone think that a "how to make an uber team" guide would be good and useful?

14. Drybones446

Drybones446 That Photography Guy

You have to move tutor Wailord Selfdestruct on Pokemon XD.

15. killerporygon

killerporygon Member

ok it's a good thing i have xd and just happened to train this wailmer on ruby version lol what are the chances of that

16. Darkfall

Darkfall Abuses SHIFT + ENTER

Ubers Guide wouldn't be a waste.

I say go for it.

17. JRCxyz

JRCxyz Hi

@Kujosan: If you don't know about competitive battling.and need help to get better, click the link in my sig to be tutored by the best Sppf has to offer.

@Everyone else: The same as with Kujosan.

@calze6: Yes, it would be helpfull. However, no one here seems to be qualified to write that guide.

I will most likely start to paly Ubers more competitively after maybe a month or 3 weeks. So, maybe after that, I'll be able to post a guide.

18. Darkfall

Darkfall Abuses SHIFT + ENTER

^^^
    I think there's a typo in your Sig. "Slavoir".

My question: How much wood would a Wood Chuck chuck, if a Wood Chuck could chuck *SHOT*

Does "Skill Link" affect Whirlpool?
    My friend asked me to make a strange trapping Cloyster... I'd check myself but my DS is currently misplaced.

Also, if he wants to use Rock Wrecker, and has his reasons, let him.
    I agree it's a terrible move, but it doesn't effect you in any way so just let him get on with it.

19. spareux

spareux maldición

I wouldn't have thought so.
    Because Whirlpool isn't hitting like, 2-5 turns consecutively in the same turn unlike Icicle Spear.
    But I'm not sure so I could be wrong.

20. Monochrome

Monochrome Well-Known Member

On the same note as Calze, Im ready to make a Little Cup Guide, as it is highly enjoyable and takes little to get good at.

I sent a PM to Reno about it, but I dunno if he received it :S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.