1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Discussion in 'Older Gen RMT' started by Reno, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCxyz

JRCxyz Hi

Yeah, thanks about that.

Common sense tells me Whrilpool won't hit multiple times in a same turn because is not a multi-attacking move like Icicle Spear or Fury Swipes. Nevertheless, I could be wrong since it's just a guess after all.

2. Kujoshan

Kujoshan We've arrived...

Hey what do you guys think of a UU/NU Team Making guide?

UU/NU are my specialties :D

3. Monochrome

Monochrome Well-Known Member

Oh dear

Kujoshan, I think we'd be better off without that. I believe there is already one anyways

4. ExplodingMuk

ExplodingMuk Cheese and Crackers

Besides, it would suck.

5. ExplodingMuk

ExplodingMuk Cheese and Crackers

Anyone have good Evs for Hariyama? I'm looking for some decent ones.

6. Awesome A

Awesome A The Gameshark

Did we ever make a really new player guide? I sorta wrote one but sorta didn't...

Someone pm'd asking for help, and I wrote a massive many-page response explaining everything competitive. It would need cleaning to become a guide, but it's so big I feel like it should be somewhere... I also doubt this is the right place but we're on the topic of guides, and there's no unanswered questions on the front page that I see...

EDIT: On hariyama, I always just went for max defense, a sorta low lefties number, and some Atk... I have them somewhere on the original version of my sig team...

7. espeon13x

espeon13x Espeon Trainer

what is a really good counter to a vaporeon? it is a wish/protect one, any help?

8. Drybones446

Drybones446 That Photography Guy

Suicune with HP Electric might work. Every time he Protects use Calm Mind.

9. Kujoshan

Kujoshan We've arrived...

Electivire can take any hit from a vap. And then 2HKO with thunderpunch even with wish in play...

10. Awesome A

Awesome A The Gameshark

Suicune walls it all day and sets up on it. Along the same lines, Empoleon does a good job. Vaporeon counters itself, and whichever one has Toxic wins. Basically, Bulky Waters w/ strong grass moves or crippler moves. Zapdos can come in with prediction (Try to come in on a HP: Electric/Grass) and scare it out. Latias is a kickin' counter. Blissey/Snorlax are classics too.

11. espeon13x

espeon13x Espeon Trainer

i did latias!, oh wait, i forgot to add thunderbolt....but what should i get rid of...

Moves:
    Psychic
    Surf
    Dragon Pulse
    Recover

which to rid of? and recover helps, ALOT, that is how i beat his skarmory.

12. Drybones446

Get rid of Psychic. It has poor offensive coverage.

13. espeon13x

espeon13x Espeon Trainer

hmm, but i used it to knock out a genger, which is a terror to my team...

nevermind, i have a weavile that can OHKO, k, thank you.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  14. Drybones446

Its gonna get KOed by Dragon Pulse anyways.

15. spareux

spareux maldición

But it covers essentially nothing else worthwhile, and gives the likes of Tyranitar and Metagross another free switch-in to Latias.

16. espeon13x

espeon13x Espeon Trainer

nevermind, i just remmebered that i finished a weavile that can take out gengars for me, so thunderbolt for psychic, thanks.

17. golduck#1

golduck#1 Well-Known Member

Um bro, you dont need to cover every single pokemon because it is impossible, Latias can take out gengar with ease without psychic anyways.

My question. When cloud 9 is in-play ( golduck), does the ability start from turn one even when its not in play ( like groudon etc etc) or does it have to wait until it gets in play. Also does it only work for Golduck?

18. goinGreen

goinGreen <-I herd u Liek me?

I've heard of many successful Baton Pass teams. So here's a question for Baton Passers. Say there's a Nijask which uses Protect 1st turn and Swords Dance the Second. On that second turn, if I use Screech, and then it Baton Passes away, would the pokemon coming in have -2 defense, +2 attack, and +2 Speed?

Ninjask was the easiest pokemon I could think of for the example. I've always wondered how that worked.

19. Xhizors

Xhizors Banned

^Yes 10char

20. I'm a little confused by the way you have worded that but I assume you mean the turn when the pokemon is sent out is turn one?

It is to my understanding that it does as Serebii says: "All weather effects are negated while the Pokemon is on the field" and Golduck is most certainly on the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.