• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobby

ooo that's a nice word, jovial
and yeah hobby he is right, competetive and online are completely different.
For example people posted plenty of teams for the championships, and those obviously weren't online btu where still competetive.
and lots of people post teams that are for fun and aren't competetive in the slightest, but are still used online.
Yeah sometimes they over lap but they are different things.

I was not denying that they were different, I was just saying that not all online teams are at the level of an in game team. The major example here being the use of Stealth Rock. As we all know it is pretty much a necessity in the competitive world and that is no different in an online competitive team, but no in game team will ever carry it because it is near on useless. In other words, I was simply stating that it would be a better idea to remove the word online that to shift it to in game (unless anyone thinks it would be particularly helpful to have a third CRMT...)

Dustero

Master Shiny Breeder
This is the moveset that I think I'll use for a Salamence

Salamence@Life Orb
Naughty
232 Atk/24 SpA/252 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Rush
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

Do you guys think this set might work? Also can I get Bagon to learn DD and DR by breeding a female one with a male Dratini that knows the moves?

Xhizors

Banned
This is the moveset that I think I'll use for a Salamence

Salamence@Life Orb
Naughty
232 Atk/24 SpA/252 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Rush
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

Do you guys think this set might work? Also can I get Bagon to learn DD and DR by breeding a female one with a male Dratini that knows the moves?

You don't need so much EVs Special Attack investment just to OHKO Skarmory and Forretress as those two are easily taken down by a Fire Blast with no EV investment into SpAtk whatsoever. Simply run 6 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe as you need as much Speed and Attack possible to outrun speedy threats and hit as hard as you can. Naive Nature is also an option over Naughty if your team lacks speed but Naughty is fine. Dragon Rush is too unreliable because of it's 70 % accuracy so run Outrage as it has great Base Power and Accuracy. Fire Blast and Outrage also work great together, you use Fire Blast to remove any Steel type Pokemon in your way barring Heatran, then proceed to pummel the opponents team with STAB Outrage.

Dustero

Master Shiny Breeder
How can I teach it outrage? I have a Gible that knows it. Is it possible to breed it into dratini then get it to learn DD then breed both into Bagon? I only have Diamond.

What a second, dratini learns outrage at 51. So I could just get dratini to learn the two moves then breed them into Bagon?

Last edited:

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
If you dislike Outrage, Dragon Claw is better.

As long as the FATHER knows the move (And it's an official egg move for the baby, which in this case it is.) then yes it's passed down.

Father's moves, mother's species.

Dustero

Master Shiny Breeder
If you dislike Outrage, Dragon Claw is better.

As long as the FATHER knows the move (And it's an official egg move for the baby, which in this case it is.) then yes it's passed down.

Father's moves, mother's species.

Outrage is ok. I was just unsure if I could get it to learn outrage. In Diamond can I breed outrage and DD down into a bagon by having a dratini that knows both?

Xhizors

Banned
Outrage is ok. I was just unsure if I could get it to learn outrage. In Diamond can I breed outrage and DD down into a bagon by having a dratini that knows both?

No. Outrage is only viable via Platinum. If this is for Diamond, just run Dragon Claw.

Dustero

Master Shiny Breeder
Ok I'll just use claw. Is Outrage passed down in Platinum through breeding?

Xhizors

Banned
^ Via move tutor.

EDIT: Read this

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I was lokking for a good Registeel set on Smogon, and i was wondering:

Could i use the OU tank set there in all the environments?

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Yes but not as effectively.

I have a friend who had to catch a new Registeel specifically for UU/OU mix. It's irritatingly good, but at the moment I can't get in touch. I'll post it tomorrow, unless you opt for something else.

Sorry for the current, general unhelpfulness.

spareux

maldición
Well it resists Dragon moves and Stealth Rock which is always a bonus.
And it can Toxic some annoying things like Vaporeon without having to worry about Toxic itself. Or it can Thunder Wave / Earthquake things like Infernape who think they have a free switch in.
But it really can't attack for the life of itself. And it usually has to choose between actually surviving longer with Rest / Sleep Talk, or being able to attack the things it has to get out the way at the expense of its longevity.

I personally think Registeel is really only effective if it's filling a very specific niche in a team.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Well it resists Dragon moves and Stealth Rock which is always a bonus.
And it can Toxic some annoying things like Vaporeon without having to worry about Toxic itself. Or it can Thunder Wave / Earthquake things like Infernape who think they have a free switch in.
But it really can't attack for the life of itself. And it usually has to choose between actually surviving longer with Rest / Sleep Talk, or being able to attack the things it has to get out the way at the expense of its longevity.

I personally think Registeel is really only effective if it's filling a very specific niche in a team.

Yes but not as effectively.

I have a friend who had to catch a new Registeel specifically for UU/OU mix. It's irritatingly good, but at the moment I can't get in touch. I'll post it tomorrow, unless you opt for something else.

Sorry for the current, general unhelpfulness.

Well, i've been tring to build a stall team from a Registeel, Umbreon, Latias so far.
And this Registeel isn't just going to be used on this team. So i want it to be able to switch from OU to UU with ease.

Darkfall, i'm interseted in the set your friend has.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
I personally reckon metagross and bronzong is better for a bulky steel. Use the para-flinch set (t-wave, iron headetc). But then again, jirachi is better.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful
252HP | 100 ATK | 156 SPDEF

Iron Head/Thunder
Toxic/Thunder Wave
Hammer Arm
Earthquake

Basically Smogon's UU Tank with Hammer Arm.
Choose your status, SR if needed, likewise Explosion.

I honestly thought he'd made his own but apparently he mis-explained.

Sorry bout that.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
All three of those pokemon form different roles.

RedMoogleXIII

Team Rocket Trainer
I need some help for the EV Spread for my Timid Mixed sweeper Lucario, PK Love

?? ATK EV, ?? SP.ATK EV, 252 Speed EV

he has 30 ATK IV, 31 SP.ATK IV, and 31 Speed IV

His moveset is

Close Combat
Shadow Ball
Dragon Pulse (I was unable to get HP ICE)
Extreme Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.