• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
No.

HP can never be normal type, and it's base typing is misleading.

It needs to join Curse in the ??? type.

I was just curious if fury cutter could be used competitively, like with scizor and a substitute. Because although its weak off the bat, after four or five turns, it would rip teams apart. And the user could hide behind a sub. The only thing I guess is switching, but couldn't that be remedied with sr support?

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Scizor is waaay too easw to threaten, and too frail to hide behind subs.

Besides, the amount of turns taken to get decent Cutter damage could be spent using X-Scissor, which racks up more damage quicker.

randomspot555

Scizor is waaay too easw to threaten, and too frail to hide behind subs.

Scizor is bulky enough to do subs, especially considering how many Pokemon it can initimidate and force a switch. Iron Defense can increase it's life span, and then it also gets Roost.

That isn't to say it's the best Sub-defender Pokemon out there. but it can run a reliable defensive sub-based set. It just is so good with the standard Choice Band sweep, that many don't think of it as a very defensive Poke,

While it isn't "too frail to hide behind subs", it's special defense is average and has no reliable way of boosting it. And with most fire attacks in the game beinh special than physical, it still has plenty of threats that could take it down.

Besides, the amount of turns taken to get decent Cutter damage could be spent using X-Scissor, which racks up more damage quicker.[/QUOTE]

Scizor is bulky enough to do subs, especially considering how many Pokemon it can initimidate and force a switch. Iron Defense can increase it's life span, and then it also gets Roost.

That isn't to say it's the best Sub-defender Pokemon out there. but it can run a reliable defensive sub-based set. It just is so good with the standard Choice Band sweep, that many don't think of it as a very defensive Poke,

While it isn't "too frail to hide behind subs", it's special defense is average and has no reliable way of boosting it. And with most fire attacks in the game beinh special than physical, it still has plenty of threats that could take it down.

Besides, the amount of turns taken to get decent Cutter damage could be spent using X-Scissor, which racks up more damage quicker.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I just thought if any bug type would employ that strategy, Scizor would be the best, because of his technician ability. Say, start with something that could baton pass a speed boost and sub, like Ninjask. Scizor comes in with great speed, scares off the other poke, and then takes two turns to inflict lesser damage with fury cutter. After that, you inflict the equivalent of bullet punch, then the equivalent of x-scissor, and finally sweep with an attack better than focus punch. I know it would take a heck of a strategy, but with superior speed you could "subcut" until you were ready to sweep.

And x-scissor is definitely the better option, but it would definitely carry an element of suprise

I was also curious about Tauros' ability, Anger Point. Some sets feature him carrying substitute. Does a critical hit register from behind a substitute, or perhaps more importantly, activate Anger Point?

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Why is everyone talking about lv1 sets and trick room sets?

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Because they like Gimmicks.

Rhys29

Encore
Well I am designing a team and I need not only something to absorb Outrages but something that can take down Suicune (it hates my teams). So the best thing I can do is use Empoleon and see how it goes. Something like...
395-m.png

Empoleon@Leftovers
Calm, Torrent
252 HP/ 88 Defense/ 168 Special Defense
- Roar/Yawn
- Stealth Rock/Toxic/Grass Knot
- Surf
- Ice Beam

I don't have SR on my team so it's an option. Ice Beam OHKO's Mence and breaks Kingdra's Substitutes. Roar/Yawn can take care of Suicune, but it would be dependant on the set. That's why I would go Roar with either SR or Toxic. Grass Knot would make me slightly offensive and I would switch my Ev's around a bit (like 4 Speed to outrun Pert). Ideas?

More Defense perhaps? After a DD a STAB Outrage is gonna hurt, and with no recovery is not helping the fact.

It takes upwards of 49.19% from a Naive Salamence with a DD, so you can't switch in, you can only come in and revenge kill and still take a hefty 50% damage.

calum

Banned
Anyone have a good moveset for Shedinja?

When using Shedinja, it is important to always max out HP...

lol jk

Smogon is fine as EVs dont matter

SD
XScissor
Wow
Shadow Sneak

or

ti is more for lulz

Toxic
Dig
Protect
XScissor

golduck#1

Ok now some of you may think this is a stupid question but I really need to know.

Should I put Ice fang over Earthquake on this Gliscor.

Gliscor @ lefites
Impish
252 hp, 252 def, 4 spD/att ( I forgot)
- Knock Off ( I am not getting rid of this)
- Stealth rock
- roost
- EQ

I always seem to be in a pickle when I send in gliscor to counter something ( Mence locked onto outrage etc etc) because I usually just knock off but EQ doesn't really do much for me as Ice Fang would help me more with breloom, Mence, Other gliscors aerodactly etc etc.

King45King

Im Just a King.
Hello Serebii..*Yawn* Kinda sleepy ~_~ Well anyway im creating a new team centered around a lucario with well...A standard SD Lucario set and i wanted to know should i use gengar or Rotom-H...I know They both counter lucario weaknesses which are fighting and Ground but i dont know which should i pick for my revenge killer or things that can come in on a EQ i was considering rotom-h what do you guys think? :l

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Shedinja@Life Orb
Adamant nature
EVS: 252 Def/ 252 SDef/ 4 HP
~Swords Dance
~Shadow Sneak
~X-scissor
~Will-o-wisp

Same as above, but with more bulk and a bit more power due to Life Orb.

calum

Banned
Main SDLucario counters are Zapdos, Gyarados, Rotom H and Gliscor.

So something that covers those 4 is nice

ScarfMie and LOMie do well against anything bar Rotom

i_shedinja.gif

Shedninja@Smooth Rock
252Hp 80Def 176SpD
Relaxed
-Toxic
-Protect
-WoW
-Sandstorm

EVs give balances Defenses, Smooth Rock is a duh on pokemon running Sandstorm. This basically tries best to damage everyone a little, Toxic for all non-Steel/Poisons, WoW for everyone bar Heatran, Sandstorm is the crux of this set as it lets Shedninja wear down those Bulky Waters that may try to wall the ever popular SD sets.

Seriously though, does anyone have a cool idea for an endgame sweeper, I was toying with a Swords Dance Gallade sweeper, but this would require quite a lot of support, T-wave being the most obvious here.

Any other suggestions (awaits Gingbino saying Sub CM Jirachi)

Status
Not open for further replies.