• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Here is a question: Why does no one like playing ubers?

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
Because a majority of people don't like ubers in general.

AirHorton

Shall we battle?

Tad

Ok this is for a team of 6 and I need any pointers or help wherever possible

Dragonite - Inner Focus - Adamant - Yache berry
Evs
252 - Attack
252 - Speed

Attacks
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Dragon Dance

--------------------------------------

Weavile - Pressure - Jolly - Focus sash
Evs
252 - Attack
252 - Speed
4 - Hp

Attacks
Night Slash
Brick Break
Arial Ace
Ice Punch

Kingdra - Sniper - Modest - (Unsure)
Evs
252 - Sp. Attack
252 - Sp. Defense

Attacks
Dragon Pulse
Signal Beam
Ice Beam
Surf

Gallade - Steadfast - Adamant - (Muscle Band or Life Orb)
Evs
252 - Attack
252 - Speed

Attack
Leaf Blade
Close Combat
Night Slash
Psycho Cut

Scizor - Technician - Adamant - Leftovers
Evs
252 - Attack
(Can't remember exact numbers for defenses but made sure they would both reach over 200)
128 - Sp. Defense
128 - Defense

Attacks
Swords Dance
Double Hit
Bullet Punch
X-Scissor

Alakazam - Synchronize - Timid - Brightpowder
Evs
252 - Sp. Attack
252 - Speed
4 - Hp

Attacks
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Shock Wave

Rhyperior - Solid Rock - Adamant - (Unsure maybe Quick Claw)
Evs
252 - Attack
252 - Hp

Attacks
Hammer Arm
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Earthquake

Heatran - Flash Fire - Timid - (No idea)
Evs
252 - Sp. Attack
128 - Sp. Defense
128 - Defense

Attacks
Dragon Pulse
Lava Plume or Magma Storm
Earth Power
Flash Cannon or Dark Pulse

Starmiem - Natural Cure - Timid - (Again no idea)
Evs
252 - Sp. Attack
252 - Speed
4 - Hp

Attacks
Confuse Ray
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf

Starmie - Illuminate - Timid - (Again no idea)
Evs
252 - Sp. Attack
252 - Speed
4 - Hp

Attacks
Confuse Ray
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Surf

I only have 2 starmies as they both were really good IVs :p
Any pointers on what moves, items etc. and what 6 to use together.
Any help appreciated, thanks :D

Tad

Nope, got infractioned for that and told to put it here :)

Monochrome

I am not sure whether this has been asked before, but does SPPF support Little Cup. There is a proper metagame with analyses and tiers ( example: scyther, sneasel, tangela, meditite, Yanma and murkrow are considered uber etc) and even has its own site which i will not advertise here plus a ladder on DJD's CAP Server.
I dont know if the CAP server has like a taboo, but LCF is in no way affiliated with smogon
so, is there a LC Community here???

I am not sure whether this has been asked before, but does SPPF support Little Cup. There is a proper metagame with analyses and tiers ( example: scyther, sneasel, tangela, meditite, Yanma and murkrow are considered uber etc) and even has its own site which i will not advertise here plus a ladder on DJD's CAP Server.
I dont know if the CAP server has like a taboo, but LCF is in no way affiliated with smogon
so, is there a LC Community here???

There has been a few different people that have attempted to have LC here, but they have always seemed to fail. I don't knoow why, though. It shows off your poke breeding skills, and such. I rather enjoy LC battles from time to time, myself.

Gorgonopsid Master

Strong like bull
Does Hidden Power Fire activate Flash Fire?

Rhypertank

"Rock" on the Water!
Here's Flash Fire Description from Serebii.net :
Activates when user is hit by a damaging Fire-type move (including Fire-type Hidden Power). Once activated, user’s Fire-type moves deal 1.5 times damage. While this ability is in effect, this Pokémon is immune to damage from Fire-type attacks and Fire-type Hidden Power (accuracy and effect from these moves are ignored). For Fire-type Pokémon with this ability, Will-O-Wisp activates this ability without having an effect. If a non-Fire-type Pokémon has this ability, Will-O-Wisp will activate the ability and will have an effect.

So, I think that HP Fire activates Flash Fire for Heatran, for best example. But usually, attacking a Fire-type with a Fire Attack is kind of stupidness. So, hitting Kirlia who got Trace (Flash Fire now) will get its Fire-Type attacks increase, but Will-O-Wisp will get the effect of burn.

Last edited:

dd2014

Gardevior= Hottie!!!
What is a hail team? Just a team that always has hail going?

My team is:

Alakazam@Choice Specs (Raymond)
Timid
E.Vs: 252spd/252sp.a/6hp
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic

Tyranitar@Choice Band
Adamant
EVs: 70HP/186Spd/252 Atk.
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Pursuit

Crobat@Leftovers (Gobby)
Jolly
EVs: 252spd/100atk/156hp
-U-Turn
-Toxic
-Hypnosis
-Air Slash

Skarmory @Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
-Drill Peck
-Spikes
-Roost
-Whirlwind

Which two pokemon would be best to finish this team?
Maybe a support and another wall?

Thanks. :)

Halle

Could someone help me with my crawdaunt? (from my post at page 2) I realy don't know which way to go...

Nope, got infractioned for that and told to put it here :)

thats probably due to the fact that you lack discriptions on your pokemon >.<

Please EVERYONE READ THE RULES IT'S NOT THAT HARD!!

they are stickied somewhere under this thread (a few down) the questions thread is no place for a whole team.

Tad

thats probably due to the fact that you lack discriptions on your pokemon >.<

Please EVERYONE READ THE RULES IT'S NOT THAT HARD!!

they are stickied somewhere under this thread (a few down) the questions thread is no place for a whole team.

I know, I just didn't think it was THAT strict but its ok :).
And the reason I lack descriptions is because i'm new to this so im not sure what i'm doing, being the reason i'm asking for help for it ? ;)

Pinksizzors

I likes bugs
I have a question about this EV jump point stuff. I get the general idea, that extra stat points from a nature boost are gained when you give your pokemon certain numbers of EVs. Now I've been reading up on this stuff and apparently these jump points are affected by the last digit of your pokemon's base stats, and also your pokemon's IVs.

So my question is, how do I calculate jump points of a pokemon with imperfect IVs and unsual base stats? I assume theres like a fomula, right?
So, for example, If I had a Magmortar, who has a base speed of 83, with a speed boosting nature and speed IV of 29, how would I know it's EV jump points?

I know, I just didn't think it was THAT strict but its ok :).
And the reason I lack descriptions is because i'm new to this so im not sure what i'm doing, being the reason i'm asking for help for it ? ;)

sorry for the harsh X) i posted a Rate my Magnezone thread as a seperate thread at the beginning of my competitive career (if you could call it that). basically state why you have chosen those moves for that pokemon, why you have chosen those EVs, and what that pokemon does for your team.

eg:

dpmfb212.png

"What's that you say sonny?"
Scizor@Choice Band
100Hp 252Att 158SpD
Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Super Power
-U-Turn

Scizor is my revenge killer, switches in on the likes os Special Attackers such as Latias, Azelf and Gengar and makes them choose whether to stay in or switch out with with Pursuit or Bullet Punch, lethal with prediction. U-Turn lets me scout for Magnezone who might try to trap me with Magnet Pull. Super Power for Heatran and Blissey.
these EVs max Attack (obviously) and let me take Special hits as best as possible while retaining a lot of attacking power.​

helped i hope?

Tad

sorry for the harsh X) i posted a Rate my Magnezone thread as a seperate thread at the beginning of my competitive career (if you could call it that). basically state why you have chosen those moves for that pokemon, why you have chosen those EVs, and what that pokemon does for your team.

eg:

dpmfb212.png

"What's that you say sonny?"
Scizor@Choice Band
100Hp 252Att 158SpD
Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Super Power
-U-Turn

Scizor is my revenge killer, switches in on the likes os Special Attackers such as Latias, Azelf and Gengar and makes them choose whether to stay in or switch out with with Pursuit or Bullet Punch, lethal with prediction. U-Turn lets me scout for Magnezone who might try to trap me with Magnet Pull. Super Power for Heatran and Blissey.
these EVs max Attack (obviously) and let me take Special hits as best as possible while retaining a lot of attacking power.​

helped i hope?

Yeah, thankyou :)

Status
Not open for further replies.