• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tad

sorry for the harsh X) i posted a Rate my Magnezone thread as a seperate thread at the beginning of my competitive career (if you could call it that). basically state why you have chosen those moves for that pokemon, why you have chosen those EVs, and what that pokemon does for your team.

eg:

dpmfb212.png

"What's that you say sonny?"
Scizor@Choice Band
100Hp 252Att 158SpD
Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Super Power
-U-Turn

Scizor is my revenge killer, switches in on the likes os Special Attackers such as Latias, Azelf and Gengar and makes them choose whether to stay in or switch out with with Pursuit or Bullet Punch, lethal with prediction. U-Turn lets me scout for Magnezone who might try to trap me with Magnet Pull. Super Power for Heatran and Blissey.
these EVs max Attack (obviously) and let me take Special hits as best as possible while retaining a lot of attacking power.​

helped i hope?

Yeah, thankyou :)

Key Keeper

Riddle Me This
Could someone please verify the formula for finding how much attack you must have to defeat a pokemon?

I derived the following from the damage formula, though i'm not sure if it's correct:

x = (bf - 1.445b) / (0.6069acde)

Where:

x = Your necessary attack power
a = Base damage of chosen attack
b = Opponent's defense including boosts
c = STAB
d = Effectiveness
e = Boosts such as Life Orb
f = Opponent's Health

Last edited:

Typhoon1

Tides have turned.
What is a good EV spread for a ResTalk Heracross who must counter Tyranitar and absorb status with Brick Break and Night Slash?

MajorGambit

For the record, he taught me that Thunderbolt Absol was a threat, even though it doesn't even OHKO Gyarados and STAB Dark moves are better on every other water type. But at least it does damage... right...?

magicarp's tackle does damage.
doesn't mean it's viable, but whatever you basically won't be satisfied until someone says "ZOMG THAT SET IS AWWSUM!!!!111"

LOL. Loved this ones

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
What would make a good belly drum team? i have two pokemon so far

Smeargle@Salac Berry
Nature Jolly
Ev's 244Hp/12Def/252Spe
Moves
Spore
Sub.
Belly Drum
Baton pass

Mamoswine@Choice Band
Nature Adamant
Evs 64Hp/252Atk/192Spe
Moves
Ice Shard
Superpower
EQ
Stone Edge

I know i need a lead and a wall and at least one more sweeper but who?

What would make a good belly drum team? i have two pokemon so far

Smeargle@Salac Berry
Nature Jolly
Ev's 244Hp/12Def/252Spe
Moves
Spore
Sub.
Belly Drum
Baton pass

Mamoswine@Choice Band
Nature Adamant
Evs 64Hp/252Atk/192Spe
Moves
Ice Shard
Superpower
EQ
Stone Edge

I know i need a lead and a wall and at least one more sweeper but who?

Heracross could benefit alot from that speed and attack boost:

Heracross @Choice Band/Choice Scarf
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
Ability: Guts
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Pursuit

Even without the speed and attack boost you will be giving it, this thing is a beast.

As for your lead:

Dusknoir @Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SDef
Careful/Impish Nature
-Shadow Sneak
-Thunderpunch
-Will-o-wisp
-Pain Split

Dusknoir is a great wall. Will-o-wisp is to screw up any physical sweepers who come your way. Pain split is to be used when you have less HP than your opponent. Against a blissey pain split is brilliant. Thunder Punch for gyarados and any water/flying types. Shadow sneak is a big suprise for when they think they will hit first.

For another wall, go with skarmory or blissey. I'm sure you're familiar with the movesets for them. :)

No. You never EVER want to Baton Pass to a Choiced pokemon. For example say you pass Attack and Speed to a CB Heracross, you go for the STAB Close Combat, your opponent switches into a Ghost. You have to switch and lose your stat ups.

Metagross is a great reciever of Attack as he can not only use Agility himself, he carries Meteor Mash which can up Attack further, he has Clear Body, so that he is Immune to enemy stat change attempts (such as Intimadate), he isn't weak to any priority AND carries priority for himself.

is there anything a big psychic hunk of metal can't do?

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Another option i was thinking of was life orb scizor with bulletpunch and plus 6 attack it can destroy pretty much anything. and I might use metagross as a lead but i would have a fire weakness(Mamoswine,Scizor and Metagross)Also Medicham was an option with brick break destroying all non ghost pokemon in the game with its ability and plus 6 attack

what is a good water type counter? someone who can switch in easily (resists water and preferably ice too but thats not as important) and then deal a good amount of damage to them

Tad

Ok this is for a team of 6 and I need any pointers or help wherever possible

Dragonite - Inner Focus - Adamant - Yache berry
Evs
252 - Attack
252 - Speed

Attacks
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Dragon Dance

--------------------------------------

Weavile - Pressure - Jolly - Focus sash
Evs
252 - Attack
252 - Speed
4 - Hp

Attacks
Night Slash
Brick Break
Arial Ace
Ice Punch

Kingdra - Sniper - Modest - (Unsure)
Evs
252 - Sp. Attack
252 - Sp. Defense

Attacks
Dragon Pulse
Signal Beam
Ice Beam
Surf

Gallade - Steadfast - Adamant - (Muscle Band or Life Orb)
Evs
252 - Attack
252 - Speed

Attack
Leaf Blade
Close Combat
Night Slash
Psycho Cut

Scizor - Technician - Adamant - Leftovers
Evs
252 - Attack
(Can't remember exact numbers for defenses but made sure they would both reach over 200)
128 - Sp. Defense
128 - Defense

Attacks
Swords Dance
Double Hit
Bullet Punch
X-Scissor

Alakazam - Synchronize - Timid - Brightpowder
Evs
252 - Sp. Attack
252 - Speed
4 - Hp

Attacks
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Shock Wave

Rhyperior - Solid Rock - Adamant - (Unsure maybe Quick Claw)
Evs
252 - Attack
252 - Hp

Attacks
Hammer Arm
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Earthquake

Heatran - Flash Fire - Timid - (No idea)
Evs
252 - Sp. Attack
128 - Sp. Defense
128 - Defense

Attacks
Dragon Pulse
Lava Plume or Magma Storm
Earth Power
Flash Cannon or Dark Pulse

Starmiem - Natural Cure - Timid - (Again no idea)
Evs
252 - Sp. Attack
252 - Speed
4 - Hp

Attacks
Confuse Ray
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf

Starmie - Illuminate - Timid - (Again no idea)
Evs
252 - Sp. Attack
252 - Speed
4 - Hp

Attacks
Confuse Ray
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Surf

I only have 2 starmies as they both were really good IVs :p
Any pointers on what moves, items etc. and what 6 to use together.
Any help appreciated, thanks :D

EDIT :
I now know my friends team, Its
Garchomp
Salamence
Tyranatar I know this is jolly natured
Blissy Going to hit max defense stat.
Ninjask
Starmie

I need help with picked 6 to combat this lol :(

Last edited:
what is a good water type counter? someone who can switch in easily (resists water and preferably ice too but thats not as important) and then deal a good amount of damage to them

Celebi is pretty much the best Bulky Water counter out there. He resists Surfs/Hydro Pumps and the HP [Electric]s they may run. Ture he is weak to Ice Beam, but Celebi is very bulky and can easily Recover off damage while he hits back with STAB Grass Knots.

I now know my friends team, Its
Garchomp
Salamence
Tyranatar
Blissy
Ninjask
Starmie

I need help with picked 6 to combat this lol :(

Well there is no really "Counter" to Garchomp, as no-one can safely switch in on him and KO, as they often run Yache Berry, meaning it is very difficult to OHKO with any Ice move.

Salamence can be taken care of by: Defensive Metagross, Choice Scarf Starmie, Cressalia and Porygon-2

Best Tyranitar counters: Rest Talk Machamp, Swampert, Defensive Gliscor (more so than the normal 216Spe 252Hp 40Def sets), Hariyama and of course Hippowdon.

Blissey's counters: Machamp is No.1 IMO, Tyranitar does a fair job, basically any pokemon who doesn't mind status and can hit back hard with a physical move.

Ninjask: there aren't really any counters to a fast Baton Passer, though Scizor does a great job with Bullet Punch to hit before he can Baton Pass out, Mamoswine is in the same boat, Weavile can too but he is weak to X-Scissor so switching is a mite harder, though not a big issue.

Starmie: Blissey/Snorlax to great bu have to be wary of getting a Scarf or Specs Tricked onto them. Scizor can with Pursuit/U-Turn as can Metagross with Pursuit/Thunder Punch.

here is a good site to check these things youself too for counters/sets and stuff.

Last edited:

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
DO NOT put choice on a belly drum receiver as if you get stuck on earthquake, your opponent switches to flying type, you are stuffed. Electivire and metagross are good receivers of baton pass. Tad, you can post your thread as an RMT rather than a question.

Shuckle the Snail

<--1400 Eggs so far
Hey so me and my friends are making a League and we were going to make a new top six. I was choosing the Pokemon for mine today and i think i know which pokemon I want except that i only have 5, and you need 6. So pretty much suggest a few Pokemon for me that will help my team.

Houndoom (Mixed Sweeper)
Starmie (Special Sweeper)
Roserade (Lead [sets up toxic spikes])
Drapion (Physical Sweeper)
Salamence (Physical Sweeper)

Please no Blisseys or Garchomps because i really don't like using them because they are to over used in the meta game. And i know Salamence is to but my friend had Dragonite haha.
-Thank you :D

Celebi is pretty much the best Bulky Water counter out there. He resists Surfs/Hydro Pumps and the HP [Electric]s they may run. Ture he is weak to Ice Beam, but Celebi is very bulky and can easily Recover off damage while he hits back with STAB Grass Knots.

hmm thats what i was thinking but i don't really have access to a celebi. the closest thing i think would be a meganium. its stats are a little lower and they have slightly worse moovepools (synthesis and rest for healing) but they dont have that horrible grass psychic typing. what do you think? and what would be the best moveset for a meganium?

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
DO NOT put choice on a belly drum receiver as if you get stuck on earthquake, your opponent switches to flying type, you are stuffed. Electivire and metagross are good receivers of baton pass. Tad, you can post your thread as an RMT rather than a question.

Well the reason i have that is because i planned to use ice shard on anything and i could see electivire as a great recipient. I may make a RMT thread in a few days

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Well the reason i have that is because i planned to use ice shard on anything and i could see electivire as a great recipient. I may make a RMT thread in a few days

As are Medicham and Lucario.

I do not recomend Baton Passing to Mamo. Why? well he is x2 weak to CB Scizors Bullet Punch, meaning a revenge kill is a simple matter. Or Scizor could switch in on the Ice Shard at any point.

killerporygon said:
hmm thats what i was thinking but i don't really have access to a celebi. the closest thing i think would be a meganium. its stats are a little lower and they have slightly worse moovepools (synthesis and rest for healing) but they dont have that horrible grass psychic typing. what do you think? and what would be the best moveset for a meganium?

fair enough. I'm not so sure about Meganium, I'm not sure it has enough power to KO Bulky Waters before they can heal. It would take quite a bit of investment I think (but i'm not 100%). Quagsire can take just about any hit, as he takes neutral damage fro Ice Beam, absorbs Surfs with Water Absorb, and is immune to Electric. though again i'm not sure he can do a lot back.

Kingdra can easily set up on Vaporeon, though I'm not so sure about Suicune, though I take it you are playing Wi-Fi (as you can't get Celebi) then Suicune shouldn't be an issue. Jolteon take at least one Surf and can (probably) KO back with STAB Thunder Bolt though i haven't run the calcs. Though on a side note: Specs Jolteon rules =]

Last edited:

Typhoon1

Tides have turned.
Which IVs would be better suited for a Pressure stall, scouting Aerodactyl?

Aero #1: 30-31/28-29/24-25/x/18-19/31
Aero #2: 26-27/28-29/28-29/x/30-31/31

Kujoshan

We've arrived...
idk what pkmn to put in my steel mono. so far iv got these:

Scizor
Heatran
Registeel
Jirachi

please help.

espeon13x

Espeon Trainer
what should i change on my jirachi?
Nature:Bashful
EVS: special attack-252 special defense-116 defense-140
attacks:
water pulse
cosmic power
psychic
doom desire/flash cannon(it has doom desire, but i was thinking about changing it)

i have used it in battle, it knocked out two pokes, but i think it could be better, it is a wshmkr, so i cant get a perfect nature, i dont have the stuff to trade right now, so bashful is my choice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.