• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ontop

Well, I caught a Mesprit and its nature is Timid. According to a site you all most likely know, the best set for a Timid Mesprit is the Calm Mind Boltbeaming one, with the EVs distributed the following way: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe. My dilemma starts here; I don’t really wish to make it an attacker. I mean, the set I was originally going after uses that combo, okay, but it has a Bold Nature and the following EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 36 SpA / 96 SpD.
I want to follow something like that, something balanced or defensive for my Mesprit, but…Timid Nature…fghfh. Can the EVs be adjusted for a Timid Nature? If so, how?

You can run something like this:

EV: Whatever you want
Item: Leftovers/Focus sash

Stealth rock/U-turn
Reflect
Thunder wave
Ice beam

Skyler14

Is a dragon/steel a liable option in ou?

Bulldogs

Banned
Do you mean the use of these two types in conjunction? If so, yes, most teams have this combo.

Bulldogs

Banned
Not exactly. A MixMence could plow through that team as well as a Infernape with HP Ice. It's better to have variation.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Metagross/Salamence/Kingdra/Latias/Magnezone/Scizor is a well known 3 Dragons/3 Steels that has been proven to be successful.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
If I were to run a "design a creative, viable moveset" contest for a specific Pokemon each month or so, offering the winner their set in-game as a reward, would you people be interested? Hopefully it'd spark more creativity and stop things getting stale, as I fear they are.

Thoughts?

Trexart

I need a bit of help with completing my team.
Please help me out.

Adamant Breloom w/ Toxic Orb : Ability Poison Heal
Moves : Spore , Seedbomb , Focus Punch , Hidden Power Ice.

Naive Infernape w/ Life Orb
Moves : Flame Wheel , Close Combat , Grass Knot , Hidden Power Ice

Impish Gliscor w/ Leftovers : Ability Sand Veil.
Moves : Earthquake , Roost , Stealth Rock , Substitute

All of these have been bred for perfect (or semi-perfect) IVs, I need help in EVs for them and also which other 3 pokemon would best help out my team.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
First off, fix the layout?

Secondly, Flame Wheel? Really?

To help figure out who works best, we need to know your aims, how you wanna win. Sure we could tell you that x covers y, but it'd be more beneficial to know what we're going for.

The Trapinch

Mono-Teams Master
I need a bit of help with completing my team.
Please help me out.

Adamant Breloom w/ Toxic Orb : Ability Poison Heal
Moves : Spore , Seedbomb , Focus Punch , Hidden Power Ice.

Naive Infernape w/ Life Orb
Moves : Flame Wheel , Close Combat , Grass Knot , Hidden Power Ice

Impish Gliscor w/ Leftovers : Ability Sand Veil.
Moves : Earthquake , Roost , Stealth Rock , Substitute

All of these have been bred for perfect (or semi-perfect) IVs, I need help in EVs for them and also which other 3 pokemon would best help out my team.

Thanks in advance.

You really must add 2 identic posts in 2 threads?This post already was added there:http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=10768753

Wizard of 'Cos

Hi I'm Joe
If I were to run a "design a creative, viable moveset" contest for a specific Pokemon each month or so, offering the winner their set in-game as a reward, would you people be interested? Hopefully it'd spark more creativity and stop things getting stale, as I fear they are.

Thoughts?

Sounds pretty cool! If you could write up some more specific rules I'd be keen to try it out I reckon.

Obselete Victory

is irked by idiocy
Jaws Eats Leads

Sharpedo@Focus Sash
Rough Skin
Adamant

-Waterfall/Taunt
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Aqua Jet

While not perfect, this Sharpedo I have found performs very well in the Lead slot. The right moveset and huge power help a lot.

Earthquake is essential here. It 2HKOs standard Metagross, and if you opted for Taunt, is your hardest way of hitting Heatran and Infernape. Empoleon goes down in the face of this, and so does Tyranitar.

Aqua Jet is essential for picking off Infernape, Aerodactyl, and every other Sasher. It's a nice way to revenge kill Heatran.

Crunch is your STAB of choice, nailing Azelf and Gengar for @HKOs (with Sash). They are now within reach of Aqua Jet.

If you choose Taunt, you can prevent SR from going up (duh). With Waterfall, you can 2HKO Hippowdon and Gliscor.

That's not as in-depth as I would've liked, but what do you think?

Bulldogs

Banned
IMO the mixed attacker lead works better.

Last edited:

zapper22001

Join BLD
Jaws Eats Leads

Sharpedo@Focus Sash
Rough Skin
Adamant

-Waterfall/Taunt
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Aqua Jet
I remember Rhys making a Sharpedo lead in one of his RMT's and it performed really well. So, you could ask him for some help. I believe it ran something like Hydro Pump/ Taunt/ Aqua Jet/ Crunch, but I am not sure. However, what are the EV's for this set? I can't really rate without them because I'm not sure if Sharpedo is able to get certain KO's.

zapper22001

Join BLD
Jaws Eats Leads

Sharpedo@Focus Sash
Rough Skin
Adamant

-Waterfall/Taunt
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Aqua Jet
I remember Rhys making a Sharpedo lead in one of his RMT's and it performed really well. So, you could ask him for some help. I believe it ran something like Hydro Pump/ Taunt/ Aqua Jet/ Crunch, but I am not sure. However, what are the EV's for this set? I can't really rate without them because I'm not sure if Sharpedo is able to get certain KO's.

Direksone

Hello,

I am breeding a good Weavile, atm I got this fancy, in my opinion, Sneasel. I would like to hear your thoughts about her IVs, please.

HP: 15 (13-17)
Atk: 24 (22-26)
Def: 30 (29-31)
SpA: 10 (8-13)
SpD: 29 (28-31)
SpE: 28 (26-31)

She is Jolly natured and I wish to go with this:

Weavile , Jolly Nature. Item: Expert Belt (I do not like the Choice Band personally)
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break

EVs: HP:40//Atk:252//SpE:216

I might switch the Atk and SpE EVs, I wish to make sure it outruns the majority of Pokemon.

So please, thoughts, is this a Sneasel worth using or should I keep on breeding? Imo, it doesn't get much better than this!

Thanks in advance!

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Hello,

I am breeding a good Weavile, atm I got this fancy, in my opinion, Sneasel. I would like to hear your thoughts about her IVs, please.

HP: 15 (13-17)
Atk: 24 (22-26)
Def: 30 (29-31)
SpA: 10 (8-13)
SpD: 29 (28-31)
SpE: 28 (26-31)

She is Jolly natured and I wish to go with this:

Weavile , Jolly Nature. Item: Expert Belt (I do not like the Choice Band personally)
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break

EVs: HP:40//Atk:252//SpE:216

I might switch the Atk and SpE EVs, I wish to make sure it outruns the majority of Pokemon.

So please, thoughts, is this a Sneasel worth using or should I keep on breeding? Imo, it doesn't get much better than this!

Thanks in advance!
Hmm... You should really be going for perfect IVs in Spe and Atk if you want to battle seriously. It's not bad, but it could be better if you want it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.