1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Discussion in 'Older Gen RMT' started by Reno, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killerporygon

killerporygon Member

kingdra seems like the best alternative so far with its 4x resistance to water and only weakness being dragon. the main issue i had was trying to find something that could easily fight back after switching into the water types. after it sets up though kingdra can probably kill them off

2. Typhoon1

Typhoon1 Tides have turned.

It would have sub+protect and taunt, to stop other taunters and pokes who try to set up. Although I'm having trouble deciding between them.

3. Sublime

Sublime Active Member

what is the best salamence counter that is easy to fit into a team? I was thinking bronzong cuz he can absorb para and switch in on a lot of mences but he doesn't do well against fire blast. and he has no recovery. Does anyone else have some ideas?

4. lkelder0511

lkelder0511 To smogon (Y)

Cress is really the only thing that can switch in reliable on all mences without extreme predicton. Although once you find out what type of mence it isn't as hard

5. calum

calum Banned

Gyarados and P2 make reliable Mence switchins, though they have to be incredibly bulky to do so. Bronzong does well. But usually the best option is to Lure out Outrage or Draco Meteor, then switch to a steel

6. In my Battle Frontier team I have a Dragon Dance Gyarados and a Calm mind Cresselia. Basic stuff but I need one more pokemon, preferably a special sweeper.

7. calze6

calze6 Reclaiming da ladder

Porygon 2 can easily wall a mence as trace will weaken it and ice beam will kill it.

8. lkelder0511

Porygon2 can't take boosted Draco meteors to well though

9. calze6

calze6 Reclaiming da ladder

Scarf latias outruns +1 speed and OHKOs with dragon pulse.

10. I'm just afraid of running into something like a Electrivire. Perhaps I'll just put EQ on Gyarados and hope I have a DD off already. But still, any other ideas for special sweepers?

11. lkelder0511

Nasty plot ape you have it's weakneses covered except for flying

12. Drybones446

Drybones446 That Photography Guy

What is the best strategy for a 3v3 Single Battle?
    I have a Lunar Dance Cresselia, DD Mence, and a SD Lucario.

13. Sebonzakura

Sebonzakura moved to smogon

I think the best strategy is to use a physical sweeper a special sweeper and a tank or mixed sweeper.Walls In 3vs3 are a bit useless in my opinion.Your team is good but you might want to change Lucario to a CM set.

14. Drybones446

My strategy is to start with Cresselia and Salamence, Salamence sets up and Cress sets up the screens, then Salamence sweeps until he dies, only to be revived with Lunar dance, then both Lucario and Mence sweeps.

15. RedMoogleXIII

RedMoogleXIII Team Rocket Trainer

I was breeding a SpecsMence here and I made a big mistake and didnt relise that Hydro Pump was an egg move so now I'm wish a Specs Mence with this

Timid nature
    HP_IV 10,11,12,13
    Atk_IV 28
    Def_IV 28
    SpA_IV 30
    SpD_IV 31
    Speed 31

4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Speed
    @Choice Specs
    Draco Meteor
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Pulse

Anyone have any ideas for a fourth move that I can use so I wont have to rebreed this just for Hydro Pump.

16. Drybones446

Hidden Power?

You don't really have much options...
    Ominous Wind can work.

17. RedMoogleXIII

RedMoogleXIII Team Rocket Trainer

I just check its Hidden Power its Water Type with a power of 65-66

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  18. Tad

Tad Well-Known Member

Either stick with Hidden Power or Have hyper beam as a last ditch move? :s

19. Drybones446

Then use Hidden Power.

20. Cratze.

Cratze. Sup

What are the standard sets for lead Tyranitars?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.