• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
For the Beldum, use neither. Go for 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def.
For the Aerodactyl, don't expect to see lots of incredible results at once; They spread themselves out until lv. 100. Stick with it, and you will gain the benefit in the end.

Thanks a ton! One more question, what would be a good moveset for a physical sweeper Dragonite? As of right now its this:

DDance
Outrage
Fire Punch
Aqua Tail

I was thinking about switching Aqua Tail with Roost. What do you think?

The Trapinch

Mono-Teams Master
Just for the sake of it, what used to counter Garchomp when it was in OU?
Weavile outspeeds it and KOes with ice punch(but it is countered completely by scizor), but almost everything with ice shard can do massive damage to it.

Thanks a ton! One more question, what would be a good moveset for a physical sweeper Dragonite? As of right now its this:

DDance
Outrage
Fire Punch
Aqua Tail

I was thinking about switching Aqua Tail with Roost. What do you think?

Give evs first(is this bulky DD or offensive).Roost is for bulkies and for offensive I'll suggest Earthquake.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Weavile outspeeds it and KOes with ice punch(but it is countered completely by scizor), but almost everything with ice shard can do massive damage to it.

Give evs first(is this bulky DD or offensive).Roost is for bulkies and for offensive I'll suggest Earthquake.

Its an offensive. Its already been EV trained and is level 100. (Its got 365 attack, btw) Thanks, I'll switch out Aqua Taill for Earthquake!

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Nothing countered Garchomp, which is why it's Uber in the first place.

Weavile revenge killed, or could take it in one-v-one battles, but a COUNTER has to be able to switch in and beat it's countee. which Weavile couldn't do.

The Trapinch

Mono-Teams Master
Nothing countered Garchomp, which is why it's Uber in the first place.
What's the counter to salamence?The same attacks,nearly the same stats so why it's not an uber?
(In addition you can suck Chomp's attacks with a switching chain)
like serebii's POtW said:
Unlike Salamence, it can't use both Physical and Special attacks effectively, and unlike Metagross or Tyranitar, the amount of attacks it can freely switch into are somewhat limited (due to its limited cross-section of resistances).
Another quote:
Gliscor can take a hit and U-Turn to a faster Pokémon (allowing a faster sweeper into play unscathed, who can then proceed to KO Garchomp).
Hi Weavile!

Last edited:

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
What's the counter to salamence?The same attacks,nearly the same stats so why it's not an uber?
(In addition you can suck Chomp's attacks with a switching chain)
like serebii's POtW said:

Another quote:Hi Weavile!

NEARLY. But not. Those minor alterations are what set Garchomp aove it's peers.

Well, granted if Gliscor U-Turns Weavile in it can count, but can Weavile actually switch in on it's own? Why no sir, no it cannot.

Weavile + Gliscor = Two Pokemon, not one, meaning Weavile is still not a Garchomp counter.

Weavile + additional help = A Garchomp counter, but that goes against the definition of a counter as is therefore irrelevent. Hence, Garchomp is an Uber.

In case you're still unsure, a counter to something has to be able to come in on it's own and beat the countee on it's own. By your logic, almost everything is a counter to almost everything else. Hell, by that logic it would be, presumably ok to have an uber in an OU team because, "with switching and sponging and team effort, we can beat it!" - But that's not how the system works. But that is of course, slightly exagerrating.

Wizard of 'Cos

Hi I'm Joe
Ok, lets not get into a Garchomp debate 0_O

Basically nothing countered it, when Garchomp entered the field, it got a KO.

And Serebii's POTW is a sad, albiet failed, attempt at being non-n00by. Anything you have learned there is most probably false. I suggest you forget it this instant.

If you want sets and EV's go to Smogon. End of story.

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
Porygon2 can counter physical Mence due to Trace. It cannot counter Garchomp.
There's no real "counter" as its definition currently is to Garchomp in OU. And Garchomp is a huge force even in Uber.

The Trapinch

Mono-Teams Master
Heh, shedinja can switch happily into outrage and have 2 turns to set up some SDs.
Even delibird can switch into EQ and KO Chomp with ice shard(hustle+choice band).

Bulldogs

Banned
Outside of taking care of Chomp they have relatively few other uses. Delibird is completely outclassed by Weavile for the job of Ice Sharder. Delibird is also beaten by Yache Chomp. Shedinja just suckes. Weak to Entry Hazards, Weather, Status, and common SE Attacks. Outside of Chomp counter/checks what do they accomplish?

Basically the only way to deal with Chomp was to have a Latias on your team,(this is taken from Suspect testing) and even that wasn't failsafe if SS was up. Ice Sharders were always nice but all are too frail to switch in to Chomp. given Yache/Haban berry it can KO half of it's few Revenge Killers.

Last edited:

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
Cloyster had great potential, breaking Yache berry and Subs with Skill Link Icicle Spear, but no resistance to any of Garchomp's moves and highly susceptible to the Mixed variants sank that boat.

Although, I think if Knock Off users were more common when Garchomp was OU, counters would have had a better time against Grachomp. I guess we'll never know.

zapper22001

Join BLD
Although, I think if Knock Off users were more common when Garchomp was OU, counters would have had a better time against Grachomp. I guess we'll never know.
The problem with that is that no Knock User had the defenses to stand up to Garchomp and if it did, it would be almost dead. So you use two Pogeys to attempt to counter Garchomp, but in the end it is still gurareenteed a kill and even then, if you don't revenge kill then you still wouldn't be able to stop Garchomp from sweeping your team.

Wizard of 'Cos

Hi I'm Joe
Garchomp also carries Fire Fang or Fire Blast, so bye bye Sheddy.

And lets be honest here, we know a lot less than the people who banned Chomp to Ubers, so any discussion we have whether is should be OU or not is fairly pointless.

umbreon_shadow27

Dark Trainer
If I was in a double battle while using a yanmega and a machamp, and the machamp had no guard, would the yanmega's hypnosis always hit?

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Ah well, who cares about chompy? It will be a while until they put it back on suspect as I remember that I had a lot of trouble against it in ubers. You see, it performs well in ubers so it should stay there. I think that scizor should be considered to move up as it is the most popular in OU and seen in ubers.

Bulldogs

Banned
That's not a good reason to move it up.

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
Exactly. Is Scizor overcentralizing the game? No. So it stays in OU.

Is FEAR legal in Shoddy?(stupid question...)

Bulldogs

Banned
FEAR is legal in shoddy. Why wouldn't it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.