• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs

Banned
Serebii has it banned, but not all communities do so.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
In smogon it isn't. I've used it on froslass. I still want zapdos EVs.

Bulldogs

Banned
You should probably just make your own spread. Chances are it will be better suited for your teams needs than someone else's spread.

Desert Sun

Gross, Agiligross
More of a request than a question. I am training a Timid Sceptile and I would appreciate it if someone woul post a list of the EV spreads that give Hidden Power Ice when in conjunction with a Timid nature. Thank you.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
More of a request than a question. I am training a Timid Sceptile and I would appreciate it if someone woul post a list of the EV spreads that give Hidden Power Ice when in conjunction with a Timid nature. Thank you.

Err... Your HP Type is determined by your IVs, not EVs and not Natures. 31/30/30/31/31/31 is the highest set of IVs that will give you HP Ice @ 70 BP.

Scrible

I was thinking about Smeargle today, and I began to wonder... If Smeargle sketches an Uber only move (like Sacred Ash), and uses it in lower tier play, does that disqualify the trainer? Or it doesn't matter because his base stat is so low?

EDIT:

Cool, that's good to know :p

Thanks! :D

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Nope. It doesn't mater because Smeargle is not a Uber Pokémon. If, for example, Magikarp randomly got Sacred Fire, it would not suddenly rocket up to Ubers. Besides, Smeargle is rarely used offensively anyway.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Is there a list for IV spreads for a hp and IV spreads compatibility to legendaries' natures?

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
No, but we really need that come to think of it.

Bulldogs

Banned

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
I just bred myself a 31atk/31spatk/31spd mild swablu in order to make it into a mixed attacking altaria. I was going to use the set smogon provided:

Altaria@Life Orb
Mild
112atk/252spatk/144spd

-Draco Meteor
-Outrage
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake/Roost

The only thing I want to know is if the evs are right if I intend to use this pokemon to beat some standards. It really isn't meant for a team, just a one-off. So whatever spread would help it stand on its own I'd really like to know please :D

Also, strangely it has Hidden Power Ghost with 70BP....I've never had a pokemon with 70BP HP so I thought it was kinda cool. Is it worth implementing into the set at all?

Thanks

Bulldogs

Banned
HP Ghost will be generally useless sadly. That EV spread works fine. Just double check for a 31 in speed.

EDIT: 200 posts beeyatches

Kirin

Showers
Hi, I've been battling a friend's team for a while now and cannot overcome it. I have 2 questions which would help me greatly in creating a new team or changing my current team up to overcome his.

1) His opener is an Azelf with Energy Ball and Fire Blast. What is a good Pokemon to beat his opener? My opener is Swampert and most of my team is weak to fire so I have a problem getting past Azelf.

2) The Pokemon I have the most problem with is his Togekiss. It has both Air Slash and Roost. Although Air Slash has, I believe, a 60% chance to cause a Flinch for Togekiss, it seems to cause Flinches every single time. If I ever manage to get it low on HP, he just Roosts back up. Any suggestions on taking this beast down?

Thanks!

Bulldogs

Banned
For a way to beat that Azelf try a Heatran lead.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Flash fire
Timid
252 SpA / 252 Spd / 6 HP

Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Earth Power
HP Grass/Explosion (go naive if you lose Explosion)

Togekiss is a real *****. You can try a restalking Zapdos. Blissey or Cresselia also work as well.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
You can try a Dragonite to get around his FlinchHax Togekiss. PRedict Roost and knock it hard with Earthquake. I think Thunderbolt would be viable, but Dragonite is the strongest pokemon that has Inner Focus that comes to my head. I do know that if Togekiss lacks Thunder wave, he can beat Togekiss one on one.

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
Hi, I've been battling a friend's team for a while now and cannot overcome it. I have 2 questions which would help me greatly in creating a new team or changing my current team up to overcome his.

1) His opener is an Azelf with Energy Ball and Fire Blast. What is a good Pokemon to beat his opener? My opener is Swampert and most of my team is weak to fire so I have a problem getting past Azelf.

2) The Pokemon I have the most problem with is his Togekiss. It has both Air Slash and Roost. Although Air Slash has, I believe, a 60% chance to cause a Flinch for Togekiss, it seems to cause Flinches every single time. If I ever manage to get it low on HP, he just Roosts back up. Any suggestions on taking this beast down?

Thanks!

I use paraflinch togekiss on my team and I can tell you that Weavile scares the freaking crap out of him. CB ice punch dies just fine so I would suggest using Weavile.

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
What's a good site to get pokemon images?

And no this is not "random" and DOES belong here, cuz I need it for an RMT.

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
What's a good site to get pokemon images?

And no this is not "random" and DOES belong here, cuz I need it for an RMT.

Typing ;_025;, but without the _, will give you a Pikachu image, since Pikachu is number 25. This works for all Pokémon. This image comes from Serebii.
;025;

Pokémon Elite 2000 will give you all in-game sprites.
25.png

Arkeis will give you impressive and creative images.
pikachu.png

These are the three main sources. I'm not sure where people get the images of just a Pokémon's face, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.