• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Does Baton Pass pass on swift swim?
I'm just looking at wether or not a Baton Pass Floatzel is a useful set in a Rain Dance set. Sorry if that is a major noob question.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ No, since Swift Swim doesn't strictly give you +2 Spe, but it doubles the actual stat instead. As it doubles the actual stat, there is no effect upon passing.

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
Bibarel is a GREAT choice in UU for a Baton Pass team. And is also water type.

You're probably better off with Hidden Power Ice or Grass on Jolteon, since it has trouble with Dragons and Swampert.
Breeding for Hidden Powers is not my strong point. that's why i was asking whether i should use HP Fight or not. but if i don't use HP Fight, what move can i use on a Specs Jolteon instead of it? or should i put this as a different type of Jolteon?

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Same with choice items as well. You don't get extra speed for BPing with a choice item although they can scout like jolteon.

Breeding for Hidden Powers is not my strong point. that's why i was asking whether i should use HP Fight or not. but if i don't use HP Fight, what move can i use on a Specs Jolteon instead of it? or should i put this as a different type of Jolteon?
Um standard SpecsJolt is Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power x/Baton Pass. So you could go for Signal Beam over Hidden Power.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
What legal and viable IV spreads are there for Timid Moltres to learn HP [GRASS] with a high base power?

Any of these will give you HP Grass with a power of 70.

30/30/31/30/31/31
30/31/30/30/31/31
30/31/31/30/31/31
31/30/31/30/31/31
31/31/30/30/31/31

Hp/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
You sure those IVs are legal on a legendary?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
You sure those IVs are legal on a legendary?

Why would being a legendary make any differance? They are still just Method 1 Pokemon. Isn't every IV combonation availible somewhere in the RNG? (Someone feel free to corect me)

Last edited:

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
No for legendaries, a few IV combinations are impossible. And why did you quote twice?

Why would being a legendary make any differance? They are still just Method 1 Pokemon. Isn't every IV combonation availible somewhere in the RNG? (Someone feel free to corect me)

They are. Sometimes people who RNG will reset the dates on their DS's to get the IV easier so they don't have to do as much work. Example being I have a fully legit HP Ice 70 Timid Zapdos given to me by someone who is a well known RNG'r (mattj). He HAS to have legit pokes since he battles competitively at the VGC's. It's date is in 2099, due to how he set his DS so he coould hit his mark easier, but yes, even legendaries...Even the roaming legendaries, can have any IV spread made available to them if you are willing to put in the work for them.

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
They are. Sometimes people who RNG will reset the dates on their DS's to get the IV easier so they don't have to do as much work. Example being I have a fully legit HP Grass 70 Timid Zapdos given to me by someone who is a well known RNG'r (mattj). He HAS to have legit pokes since he battles competitively at the VGC's. It's date is in 2099, due to how he set his DS so he coould hit his mark easier, but yes, even legendaries...Even the roaming legendaries, can have any IV spread made available to them if you are willing to put in the work for them.

Exactly.

No for legendaries, a few IV combinations are impossible. And why did you quote twice?

I don't know why it quoted twice.

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
I said a FEW. Not necesarrily many, and it depends on natures too, it's quite complicated. And check on Shoddy, try a perfect, let's say, Jolly Azelf. It won't let you use the team in which you put that perfect IV Jolly Azelf. Why? Such an Azelf is impossible to get legally in the games. 70 HP Ice Zapdos is perfectly possible. I believe there was a thread on Smogons detailing common HPs with natures on legendaries.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I said a FEW. Not necesarrily many, and it depends on natures too, it's quite complicated. And check on Shoddy, try a perfect, let's say, Jolly Azelf. It won't let you use the team in which you put that perfect IV Jolly Azelf. Why? Such an Azelf is impossible to get legally in the games. 70 HP Ice Zapdos is perfectly possible. I believe there was a thread on Smogons detailing common HPs with natures on legendaries.

Well my mistake then. But probably at leased a few of the IV spreads that I gave are usable.

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
I'm not sure which; that's why I asked.

Mine I spoke of isn't "Perfect"...But it is close enough to perfect for anybody to want...It goes...

Timid Zapdos
IVs: 30 / 3 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31 (Hidden Power Ice 70)

No one is going to care about that Atk IV on a Timid Poke anyways.

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
That particular one is legal then. Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.