• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
The pokemon who has the higher speed, most probably ambipom in this case

zapper22001

Join BLD
Extremespeed and Fake Out are both at +1 so the pokemon with the higher Spd would go first.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Given that a Pokémon's base HP, Def, and SpDef are the same, is it more defensively efficient to run 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpDef or 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpDef?

Bulldogs

Banned
Maxing HP will normally maximize Defesive potential on both sides of the spectrum. So Maxing HP is normally the first thing to do to a wall. However, when dealing with a large Base HP Stat relative to low Base Def ie Blissey, you would get more use out of maximizing the lower base stat. This article should help you if you want to see it a bit more in depth. Smogon Article at the bottom, normalizing the Defensive base stats

Last edited:

Yogi Bear

King of Poke Games
Originally posted at: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=434373 I was directed here in order to get an actual answer.
(Ignore IVs for this question)
Same question: I have an Impish Natured Swampert. It's move-set is as follows: Avalance, EQ, Stone Edge, Waterfall.

I don't know if I should keep this one as is; change its moveset; get a NEW Swampert with a different nature; or what.

It does not need to perform a specific role on a team: in fact; I really just want to know which would be the easiest to achieve.

As for the "help" I got >.>:
1) I already know what Natures do. I was already aware that the moveset was more suited for an Adamant nature with a CB; but that's not my question.

2) IT HAS NO EVs. I already USED the 6 Berries to lower it's EV Spread to 0/0/0/0/0/0. I am already aware of EV Training.

3) The question wasn't on so much what role I want Swampert to play: I am not making this Swampert for a specific team. It makes no difference to me what it does: I just want it to do SOMETHING.

4) I may be a n00b at Serebii's Forum, but I am NOT a n00b at Competitive battling... Please do NOT treat me as such when you answer my question.

I apoligize if I'm a little rude: I am kind of mad about the non-answer I got.

randomspot555

I'm going to assume it's IVs in HP, Atk, Def and Sp Def are at least decent.

If you wanted it to be a lead, it basically means use Ice Punch/Avalanche instead of Ice Beam. Waterfall/Aqua Tail instead of Surf, etc...

That's basically it. It can pretty much run any standard Swampert set unless you want it to Curse set up, or run some special attacks.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
You should either have it mixed and relaxed or give it some support moves like roar.

Given that a Pokémon's base HP, Def, and SpDef are the same, is it more defensively efficient to run 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpDef or 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpDef?
I did a quick something assuming 100/100/100, and it said run +SpD nature with 252 HP/160 Def/96 SpD.
I have an Impish Natured Swampert. It's move-set is as follows: Avalance, EQ, Stone Edge, Waterfall.
Relaxed nature with Stealth Rock, Ice Beam, Earthquake and Roar is standard lead Swampert, but you can use CursePert or CBPert. The nature isn't that beneficial for any of those three sets really.

PokeBobb

VGC Enthusiast
Need advice on a fourth member. (This is doubles)

1. Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 200 Atk / 100 Def / 110 SpD
Moveset
Bullet Punch
Explosion
Thunderpunch
Earthquake

2. Rotom @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Moveset
Pain Split
Thunder
Shadow Ball
Overheat

3. Ho-Oh @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 200 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SpD / 110 Spe
Moveset
Sacred Fire
Brave Bird
Substitute
Recover
Please help me.

dtruth

I'm running a team which needs T. spikes and stealth rocks on the field so I need a rapid spin blocker, I decided on Rotom- A. Would you recommend this set? I decided hidden power fighting for those T-Tars looking to trap me, but I'm considering getting rid of it for shadow ball since I think Rotom would survive a switch out with reflect on the field.

Rotom - H
Nature: Bold EV: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Fighting
~ Overheat
~ Reflect

That is identical to a Smogon set. You could (and probably should) use Will-o-Wisp over Reflect, since that's more crippling most of the time. You could use that set or this set:

Rotom-h @Leftovers
Levitate | Bold | 252 HP/120 Def/136 SpD
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Will-o-Wisp
~ Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball.

Soaks up status as well as Rapid Spins, which is handy for a team running Toxic Spikes.

dtruth

Are you sure Will-O-Wisp works well with T. Spikes? If T-tar comes in on a T.spike then it can't be burned leaving me still in trouble. I understand Scizor being a pursuit threat but most aren't going to switch in on a Rotom-H. Maybe overheat over will-o-wisp?

zapper22001

Join BLD
Yea WoW and T- Spikes on the same team is generally not a good thing as the conflicting status makes WoW a waste of a moveslot. Also for reference, here are some calcs. with Reflect up.(I believe you said you needed them.)

Crunch vs. Rotom-h 53.9% - 63.8%

Pursuit vs. Rotom-h(switching out) 53.9% - 63.8%

Pursuit vs. Rotom-h 27.6% - 32.2%

However with the increase of ScarfTar's, running Reflect on Rotom-h might not have as much on an impact as before as Rotom will pretty much die if Tyranitar Pursuits you. I believe the original set that you posted is still best for the role you want it to play on your team.

crazysam

plz help

Hey im redoing platinum and i need a team. No legendaries, no trades.
can u chose my last 1 its on my foums plz help
;444;;444;;444;;444;;444;;444;;444;;444;;444;;444;;444;;444;

AlCario

Banned
Hey im redoing platinum and i need a team. No legendaries, no trades.
can u chose my last 1 its on my foums plz help

Read the rules. We won't make you a team, and I have a feeling that this is not for competitive.

Are you sure Will-O-Wisp works well with T. Spikes? If T-tar comes in on a T.spike then it can't be burned leaving me still in trouble. I understand Scizor being a pursuit threat but most aren't going to switch in on a Rotom-H. Maybe overheat over will-o-wisp?
Well Will-o-Wisp burns the Steels that can't be poisoned by Toxic Spikes (read: half of the top 10 most used Pokemon) and levitators (which is probably a good 3/5 of the remaining top 10).

So it's a good idea to run WoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.