• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Shedinja can work in OU. I have a few variations of a team between Shoddy and Wi-Fi. However, you really do have to build your team around Shedinja. Almost every Pokemon needs to be able to support Shedinja in some way.

You absolutely, without doubt, need one Rapid Spinner and at least one Pokemon to change the weather to something non-damaging. I usually use Rain Dance, and Shedinja could probably be thrown in on any number of Rain Dance teams.

As for a Spinner, I tend to use Tentacruel on my Shedinja teams since he can soak up Toxic Spikes with Liquid Oodze.

The tricky part of Shedinja is getting behind a sub. Most common Baton Pass users share a weakness with Shedinja. Togekiss and Zapdos share a rock weakness, Ninjask shares most of shedinja's weakness, and so on. Ambipom could work, but I tend to use it as a lead and don't want to bring Shedinja out too early. So I usually opt for Vaporeon with Yawn/Sub/Surf/Baton Pass.

I can see how it can do a lot better in UU since Abomasnow is BL and every other perm-weather is either OU or Uber, unless their pre-evolvs are used.

Yeah, Shedinja can work in OU, but it's VERY hard to successfully pull off a sweep, whereas in UU, it's much more plausible. The problem is that Tyranitar (#3 in usage) absolutely destroys Shedinja. If you can't get rid of it before bringing Sheddy out, your main sweeper's toast. Even with a weather changer, if Tar comes in on Sheddy, then you either switch or die. Pursuit hits you on the switch or maybe Tar gets a DD up as you switch to your weather changer, from where he can do some serious damage to your team.

ariablast

The move set for Blaziken is Physical, with Flare Blitz, Low Kick,Thunderpunch, and Blaze Kick with Choice Band and the tier is OU.

randomspot555

The move set for Blaziken is Physical, with Flare Blitz, Low Kick,Thunderpunch, and Blaze Kick with Choice Band and the tier is OU.

Blaziken is almost entirely outclassed by Infernape in OU, mainly due to it's speed. It's got better offensive stats, but that won't matter because most Pokemon will be able to take it down quite easily.

The only way I can ever see Blaziken doing something in OU than Infernape can't is serve as a mixed (or all special/physical) revenge killer. It's got 3 points more base speed than Heatran. Infernape could do it too, but Scarf is a waste of it's great speed. Though it does have U-Turn.

But 9.5/10, Blaziken is outclassed by Infernape in OU.

ariablast

What`s a good Ev spread for a Cleric Celebi with good defense, good special defense, good sp atk, and hp?

zapper22001

Join BLD
Assuming you are using the standard moveset, the standard EV spread is Bold 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe.

Desert Sun

Gross, Agiligross
What are the advantages/disadvantages between Waterfall/Earthquake, Waterfall/Avalanche (or Ice Beam whatever) and Earthquake/Avalanche on a Standard Lead Swampert?

Also on a team of
Lead Swampert/Defensive Support Celebi/Torment Heatran/
Calm Mind Suicune/Spikes Skarmory/Agility Metagross,
would it be beneficial to replace Suicune with Toxic Spikes Tentacruel?
(Suicune has Calm Mind, Ice Beam, Surf, Rest)
BTW, the team intends to wear the opponents team down enough to support a Thunderpunch AgiliGross sweep/

On a final note are there any Pokemon that can learn both Wish and Toxic Spikes?

randomspot555

What are the advantages/disadvantages between Waterfall/Earthquake, Waterfall/Avalanche (or Ice Beam whatever) and Earthquake/Avalanche on a Standard Lead Swampert?

I think Avalance/Ice Beam is important to have in there. Not only does it give you an answer to lead Gliscors, but on other teams, you'll catch Breloom-switch ins as other slow, bulky leads switch out expecting a Waterfall/Surf.

On a final note are there any Pokemon that can learn both Wish and Toxic Spikes?

I haven't checked, but I doubt it. But that's why Wish can be passed around.

zapper22001

Join BLD

The advantages of being mixed means that Pert isn't totally crippled by Wisp o Will while going pure physical means you can hit a lot harder, though you are still walled by most physical walls.

Generally, Earthquake and Ice Beam is the best combonation of the two moves to use due to coverage and the fact that it utilizes both sides of the spectrum so WoW can't cripple it.

Also on a team of
Lead Swampert/Defensive Support Celebi/Torment Heatran/
Calm Mind Suicune/Spikes Skarmory/Agility Metagross,
would it be beneficial to replace Suicune with Toxic Spikes Tentacruel?
(Suicune has Calm Mind, Ice Beam, Surf, Rest)
BTW, the team intends to wear the opponents team down enough to support a Thunderpunch AgiliGross sweep/
Toxic Spikes doesn't really wear down any of Metagross' counters so it would be rather useless on this team.

I'm pretty sure there isn't or else it would be a pretty sweet pokemon.

Ice Beam and Earthquake is standard. That's because, even though Swampert has higher attack, Ice Beam is stronger than Avalanche more consistently. It's the same deal as Waterfall vs Surf (Surf is better).
Um Smeargle anyone?

ariablast

How does Scizor learn Bullet Punch? I`ve looked all over but I still can`t figure it out...

Bulldogs

Banned
Platinum Move tutor

Desert Sun

Gross, Agiligross
Thanks, this has been really helpful. I've been considering replacing Suicune for a Wish user but i didn't want to increase my Ground weakness with Jirachi and I didn't really like Vapreon too much.

Any suggestions on a Wish user that would fit well with this team?

(Lead Swampert/Defensive Support Celebi/Torment Heatran/
Calm Mind Suicune/Spikes Skarmory/Agility Metagross)

Bulldogs

Banned
You can try Latias in that spot. It can also use CM to good effect as well.

zapper22001

Join BLD
Also CM Wish Rachi can work over Suicune though it adds another Ground weakness, but it is more effective at passing the Wish to other teammates.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Yup, WishRachi is probably one of the best Wish users you can get, but if you really don't want that Ground weakness, you'll have to look elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.