• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Final

I Submit to No One
It is a legal move combination and it works. I've tried it myself to know that it works. Then again I tried it on the Smogon server Team Builder and it works there. I'm not sure about others though since that's the only server I battle on.

tjockkatt

My team as of now:

Tyranitar - Relaxed
Crunch - dark
Earthquake - ground
Dark Pulse - dark
? - ?

Ampharos - Hardy
Signal Beam - bug
ThunderPunch - electric
ThunderShock - electric
Discharge - electric

Alakazam - Modest
Psybeam - Psychic
Psychic - Psychic
Recover - Normal
Future Sight - Psychic

Going to teach my Alakazam the move Substitute soon, removing psybeam or future sight.

But what other pokemons should I use and what moves should I teach them?

hi im trying to make a cursebreon. What pokemon do i breed with to get curse for my umbreon?

Cloud_Ninelives

What would be a good moveset for the following

Feraligatr lvl 40, Lax nature
Umbreon lvl 40, Brave nature
Drifblim lvl 40, Impish nature
Furret lvl 40, Hasty nature
Raikou lvl 40, Bashful nature
Sandshrew lvl 40, Lonely nature

~Heaven Help Us~

Hi, I got 2 bulbasaur eggs that i hatched. I got them both calm like how i wanted with higher Sp. Def with Ev spread 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD. I decided to check their IV's by going online and battling in lvl 100. These are the stats that i got:

Bulbasaur #1:
HP 213
At 110
Def 133
Sp.At 164
Sp.Def 156
Speed 118

Bulbasaur #2:
Hp 207
At. 110
Def. 124
Sp.At 164
Sp.Def 166
Speed 98

The first bulbasaur has better HP DEF and Speed than the second one. It's good cuz Since its defense sucks, It could at least be a little higher and the second one has better Sp.Def which is good cuz that's what i want to train it at.

so my question is, which one is better?

hi im trying to make a cursebreon. What pokemon do i breed with to get curse for my umbreon?
Torkoal is your best bet, it learns Curse at Lv12.
What would be a good moveset for the following

Feraligatr lvl 40, Lax nature
Umbreon lvl 40, Brave nature
Drifblim lvl 40, Impish nature
Furret lvl 40, Hasty nature
Raikou lvl 40, Bashful nature
Sandshrew lvl 40, Lonely nature
You should probably rebreed for better natures, but if you check here you'll find a few good ones.
Hi, I got 2 bulbasaur eggs that i hatched. I got them both calm like how i wanted with higher Sp. Def with Ev spread 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD. I decided to check their IV's by going online and battling in lvl 100. These are the stats that i got:

Bulbasaur #1:
HP 213
At 110
Def 133
Sp.At 164
Sp.Def 156
Speed 118

Bulbasaur #2:
Hp 207
At. 110
Def. 124
Sp.At 164
Sp.Def 166
Speed 98

The first bulbasaur has better HP DEF and Speed than the second one. It's good cuz Since its defense sucks, It could at least be a little higher and the second one has better Sp.Def which is good cuz that's what i want to train it at.

so my question is, which one is better?
13/20/30/29/7/23 vs 7/20/21/29/16/3 huh. Neither of them are particularly good tbh. If anything I'd recommend you rebreed the first one to try and pass on that 30 Def IV, because that's all you have going for you atm.

Thanks alot for the help with my team. I completely forgot about the berries and such ^^;;;
My Jirachi is coming along great now! And I'm a little reluctant to continue with Scizor cuz I already have 2 other Steel types, all prone to Fire- and Ground-Type attacks... Plus a poison-type in Tentacruel. And how would I defend against MixMence and DDGyara? Maybe if I replaced Scizor with a Jolteon, but that doesn't fix MixMence... Ice would be good, obviously... what pokemon could I choose? Maybe Starmie cuz it can learn Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, right? And I wanted the Heal Bell support that comes from a Miltank, and thought adding Curse in there would be good to, but... is that not so great? Maybe I should go strictly Heal Bell if that's the case? And I know Blissey has it, but I need the DEF too.... -thinks- Tentacruel, Jirachi, Lucario, Starmie, Miltank, Heatran. I like the looks of Heatran, but is there any tricks or any ways I can get specifically a Naive natured one? I'm restarting my Platinum to do a Mono-Tri-gen challengey thingy so I can catch another one then (hopefully a girl xP) but yeah. Lucario and Jirachi are my favourites so I don't want to change those two. I'll train that Physi-cario cuz I have two Special Attackers. It'd be good back-up ^^ (Heh! 'Go lucario!' 'Lucario fainted! What now?' 'Grrr alrighty then. Go LUCARIO!' '....') Hrrrm. Looking at it maybe I should replace Miltank, although I'm reluctant to cuz I love cows xP But hrrm. I want a Healing support/wall-ish type thing. Any more suggestions?

Fresco

Fresh Out The Oven.
Does anyone know what the 'best' EV spread for a Support set Meganium would be? I've looked around and seen a lot of variation, with some sites saying that it's best to invest in a lot of Special Defense EVs, while others are recommending that you ignore that stat altogether in favor of Special Attack.

Because of this I'm a little confused, so any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Uh you may want to buff up its defense so it's not an inferior Venusaur (as that's the one thing it has over Venusaur). So I'd probably go 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD Bold or something.

Fresco

Fresh Out The Oven.
Hm, I was definately leaning toward the more defensive spread anyways. Thanks for the reply, man. Much appreciated.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Hey, what's a pokemon countered by a pokemon countered by Tyranitar?

Preferably one that dosen't stink too much when included in a team with Tyranitar, Walrein, Ludicolo, and Mamoswine? Or in Acid Rain weather?

aquaarmor23

<3 Breloom.
Hello, I just got back from the Whirl islands with a Bold lugia With a 31 Satk Iv.Moveset Help?

Hey, what's a pokemon countered by a pokemon countered by Tyranitar?

Preferably one that dosen't stink too much when included in a team with Tyranitar, Walrein, Ludicolo, and Mamoswine? Or in Acid Rain weather?
Scizor is a good counter to Tyranitar, and Magnezone checks Scizor. Hippowdon counters Tyranitar, and pretty much anything with a powerful Grass Knot or special water attack counters Hippowdon (Celebi is probably best). Breloom checks Tyranitar, and nothing really counters Breloom lol.
Hello, I just got back from the Whirl islands with a Bold lugia With a 31 Satk Iv.Moveset Help?
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/lugia

Status
Not open for further replies.