• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so I'm thinking of using a Gallade on a trick room team. It's lonely (don't tell me it should be brave, it's shiny so i wanna use it). If I give it 252 EVs in attack, how should the rest be spread out so gallade is the bulkiest? obviously i won't put EVs into speed or special attack so i might as well make it last the longest it can...

Hi, I was just wondering if this was any good or not:
Suicune lvl 40
Bold
IVs:
HP 6
ATK 1
DEF 28
SpA 21
SpD 8
SPE 6
It's my first time using an IV calculator... But I know it's a weak Rock-type HP x: If it is ok can someone give me a moveset for it? I don't want to use a 'Crocune' moveset, though, because I'm not a fan of 'RestTalk'... and it has bad coverage x: At least, the one on Smogon did x:

Also, should I use a HP fighting for a Toxic Spiker Tentacruel? It'd be like this:
Calm
252HP/120DEF/136SpD
Black Sludge
Toxic Spikes
Sludge Bomb
Surf
HP Fighting/Ice Beam

Last edited:

ohazombie

okay, so a while ago i caught a shiny teddiursa. unfortunately, its nature isn't too great; calm. but, anyway, i was wondering if my i should ev train it anyway or not even waste my time. it has somewhat decent ivs; 31/25/30/6/1/23

ohazombie

okay, so a while ago i caught a shiny teddiursa. unfortunately, its nature isn't too great; calm. but, anyway, i was wondering if i should ev train it anyway or not even waste my time. it has somewhat decent ivs; 31/25/30/6/1/23

Hey so I'm thinking of using a Gallade on a trick room team. It's lonely (don't tell me it should be brave, it's shiny so i wanna use it). If I give it 252 EVs in attack, how should the rest be spread out so gallade is the bulkiest? obviously i won't put EVs into speed or special attack so i might as well make it last the longest it can...
I don't understand people and their shinies... Anyway just go 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD.
Hi, I was just wondering if this was any good or not:
Suicune lvl 40
Bold
IVs:
HP 6
ATK 1
DEF 28
SpA 21
SpD 8
SPE 6
It's my first time using an IV calculator... But I know it's a weak Rock-type HP x: If it is ok can someone give me a moveset for it? I don't want to use a 'Crocune' moveset, though, because I'm not a fan of 'RestTalk'... and it has bad coverage x: At least, the one on Smogon did x:

Also, should I use a HP fighting for a Toxic Spiker Tentacruel? It'd be like this:
Calm
252HP/120DEF/136SpD
Black Sludge
Toxic Spikes
Sludge Bomb
Surf
HP Fighting/Ice Beam
That Suicune is horrible. You should be aiming for Hidden Power Electric with power of 65-70. And same goes for Tentacruel unless you just slap Ice Beam on it.
okay, so a while ago i caught a shiny teddiursa. unfortunately, its nature isn't too great; calm. but, anyway, i was wondering if my i should ev train it anyway or not even waste my time. it has somewhat decent ivs; 31/25/30/6/1/23
Waste of time really. It'd appreciate an attack boosting nature, but those IVs aren't bad so you could breed with that one.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
@ohazombie: You know, if the nature doesn't work, you can always use it to trade for something rare like legendaries or event pokemon. I traded a Shiny Brave Tentacool of mine for a really good Giratina (until I found out he can't learn Trick room. Now I don't know what to do with it.)

Anyway, I have this Jirachi that needs evaluation. I'm not too sure about the EV spread or the item so I'll need some help with it.

Jirachi@Lum Berry?/Iron Ball?
108 HP/144 Atk/132 Def/124 Sp.Def
-Trick Room
-Iron Head
-Zen Headbutt
-Wish

Double Battle Jirachi. Simple stuff. Trick room for team support, Iron head and Zen Headbutt for Serene Grace hax, Wish is also for spport and healing. The EVs are supposed to make Jirachi defensively tough while preserving a high Atk. He'll be paired with a Follow Me partner, Fake Out partner, or occasionaly a Scarfed Staraptor, so taking a strong hit is important for this Jirachi to do. Should I make any modifications to the spread or is it fine the way it is?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Once you have the EVs on a Pokémon, they will stay there until you remove them manually (i.e. through the EV-Reducing Berries). You can just level it up to 100, and it will have had all of its EVs applied by then.

GRex4

ATM my team is made of :
Scizor / Choice Band
Blissey / Leftover (Special wall)
Garchomp / Choice Scarf (I know its Uber)
Gyarados / Life orb

I don't know what else to take
Salamence would be another dragon type and Tyranitar well idk.
Should I get another type instead?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Most would go with Leafeon thanks to its higher Base Atk. However, Sceptile has a similar movepool and is much faster, so you might prefer that. Neither Gengar nor Gardevoir are very useful physically, but Gengar is generally preferred thanks to Explosion.

figa123

I have a question: why do people run Ubers-only battles? It makes no sense to me... after 10 or so battles, I'd be extremely bored of fighting over and over and over again the same pokes and the same teams... Is there another reason then fun (in an extremelly odd way, IMO), or is this just a stupid question of likings?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ You can use any Pokémon in Ubers, not just Pokémon that fall into the Uber tier, you know. But that's the problem with Ubers, its size. Since so few Pokémon are that powerful then it's a small tier. If you want to play with more variety then go to OU or UU. Some people like Ubers, some don't simple as that.

I have a question: why do people run Ubers-only battles? It makes no sense to me... after 10 or so battles, I'd be extremely bored of fighting over and over and over again the same pokes and the same teams... Is there another reason then fun (in an extremelly odd way, IMO), or is this just a stupid question of likings?
The Uber tier is very centralized, and the metagame is highly dependent on the players' preferences. For example, if people have discovered a new set which makes stall more viable, you can expect to see a lot of stall teams on the ladder. Also, changes in movepool can have a huge effect on the metagame. For example, Ho-oh with Brave Bird. People wanted to try this out, so the ladder would've been full of Ho-oh. There is much more creativity in Ubers than OU and even UU to an extent as well.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
You may want a different one. Naughty reduces his Sp.Def and finding another Gyarados with the right nature isn't so hard, considering they pop up everywhere in Sinnoh with the Super Rod, even that little lake in Celestic town (really...?) or even moreso, Magikarp.

Anyway, most Gyarados go with an Adamant nature and Dragon Dance. Unless you mean the Shiny one in HG/SS. In that case, just take any set from Smogon. I'm sure there won't be a dramatic difference.

Jolly is actually much more common than Adamant, Black Murder. Also, Impish nature is viable for Bulky Gyara sets. Naughty is bad because it's not ideal for Gyarados's great base SpD.

wasbeer

What kind of moves should I teach my Salamence?
It has 239 Attack and 299 sp. Attack.

The moves it knows right now are:
- Flamethrower (doesn't have to change)
- Crunch (can be changed)
- Stone Edge (anyone knows any better?)
- Dragon Claw (can also be changed)

I would like to combine it with choice scarf/specs/band. But I'm really stuck with the moves. I know a good move would be Hydro Pump, but i have to breed for that and it's also too late. So anyone.. Help me out!

wasbeer

What kind of moves should I teach my Salamence?
It has 239 Attack and 299 sp. Attack.

The moves it knows right now are:
- Flamethrower (doesn't have to change)
- Crunch (can be changed)
- Stone Edge (anyone knows any better?)
- Dragon Claw (can also be changed)

I would like to combine it with choice scarf/specs/band. But I'm really stuck with the moves. I know a good move would be Hydro Pump, but i have to breed for that and it's also too late. So anyone.. Help me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.