• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@IceEgg: 196 Hp/ 60 Def/ 252 Sp.D with a Careful nature will suffice.

@Monchrome: Yes, the Über tier is equally supported here. This means that no one will frown upon you because you start thread with an Über team to be rated. Actually, the Über tier is really fun and difficult and no one should think anything bad about it.

@Illul: Limbo is the tier where Pokemon whose tier is undecided go.

The difference in attack is of 10% since that what positive natures provide; a 10% boost.

The IV is more important than the Ev. Why? Because 4 Ev = 1 IV.

@shadow asureus: The standard 252 Hp/ 188 Att/ 68 Def is a great spread. Use it with Expert Belt and an Impish nature. This moveset: Stealth Rock/ Ice Punch/ Earthquake/ Explosion.

@Dusterus: Simply don't use Sassy Lugia. See, unlike other walls, The Great Wall does care about his speed. Lugia has a great base speed, don't waste it. Use a Bold nature, as Xhizors said. Bold is preferable over Timid.

@Darkfall:I understand you want to make your own movesets but as far as movesets go, Smogon usually has the best ones. And this is one of those cases. Check Snorlax's Smogon Analysis for the moveset. For the spread, 140 Hp/ 116 Def/ 252. Optimal Leftovers recovery point and maxes Sp.D because with Snorlax is more beneficial to focus Ev's into defenses due to his high Hp. Lots of Def to take physical hits better.

Don't worry about the question. If someone answers is because he wants to.

Monochrome

thanks for confirming that

But for registeel, you'll commonly be using it as a special wall in UU.
The standard Registeel set for special walling are:

Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful
252HP / 56Atk / 200Sdef
T Wave
SR
EQ
Explosion

this set is probably the best special wall in UU after Chansey, but unlike Chansey Registeel isnt setup bait for stuff.
However, if you're using it as a tank, the set by JRCxyz is perfect for that

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Thanks for the help.

I know about Smogon, I've played competitively for a long time, I just didn't want what they had.

Thanks again.

You are welcomed. I understand that you don't want what Smogon has. But, if what Smogon has is the best, simply use it.

@Mechronome: You are welcomed as well. Also, I just assumed Darkfall wanted a set for Registeel in OU because he/she didn't specified. I also love that set.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Registeel, me?

Smogon does have the best, generally, but the Snorlaxs their weren't what I needed for my team, otherwise I'd've used them.

I used Counterlax in the 3rd gen so I wanted to revamp it for DPPt =)

It is for OU.

Thanks again.

spareux

maldición
Porygon2 has Trace, allowing it to mirror the likes of Gyarados and Salamence's Intimidate and Heatran's Flash Fire, and it actually has the defences to stick around for a while after setting up your Trick Room. That, and obviously, it is slower than PorygonZ.

Red_hawk

Mudkip Trainer
I didn't know why but if Porygon2 is slower and has a better ability then I'll use him. Thanks =D

cheers JRCxyz and monochrome i will go with JRCxyz set thanks

BlackHeart

Gnarf Gnarf Gnarf
Eh, I am having some Shoddy Battle Trouble. Previously, when I try to connect to a server, I would type my User Name/Password and then hit the Login button. Now, when I try and hit the login button, nothing happens. This works for all of the servers, and I also can't register a new username. It's like the Button broke or something. I just made a new team, and planned on testing it, but I really need help with this. I thought that this would be the best place to put it in.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
BlackHeart, here would be the place to ask that question.

Key Keeper

Riddle Me This
That's happened to me, BackHeart, just use advanced login and type the port and name.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I just caught a good Bold Cresselia. Which of these movesets would be better? And what should it's EVs be?

Cresselia@Leftovers
Bold
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Ice Beam
~ Charge Beam

Or

Cresselia@Leftovers
Bold
~ Moonlight
~ Ice Beam
~ Charge Beam
~ Reflect / Light Screen / Thunder Wave

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Personally, I like the ResTalk set better. Better durability and recovery isn't hindered by th common Sandstorm.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Personally, I like the ResTalk set better. Better durability and recovery isn't hindered by th common Sandstorm.

That's what I was leaning towards. What should it's EVs be? I know 252HP, but how much in each defence?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Status
Not open for further replies.