• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Granted.

So, take out other waters, but get walled by Vappy, or forego that for coverage on the dragons?

Grass attacks seem the best choice here.
With Toxic support, Vappy shouldn't be a problem.

darkrai4

Dark Trainer
hey guys I was just asking myself whats the best counter for ghost and dark types?

DreamGG

ShinyLegendCollector
hey guys I was just asking myself whats the best counter for ghost and dark types?
What Pokemon or what type? Be more specific.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
As always, it depends. scizor is a generally reliable counter as imany ghosts and darks are fragile and take damage to bullet punch but mor bulky ghosts may be troublesome.

Volt of Noid

<-- Best Shiny ever
While we are on the topic of Scizor, what is a great EV spread for him?

I was thinking 255 attack, and 255 defence but I've got no idea. Help me anyone?

randomspot555

While we are on the topic of Scizor, what is a great EV spread for him?

I was thinking 255 attack, and 255 defence but I've got no idea. Help me anyone?

EVs should be divisible by 4. 255 is relatively pointless. The max on any stat is really 252.

It's usually better to max out HP rather than defense if HP is the lower stat. Someone smarter than me can explain why.

Scizor usually isn't too big on speed due to priority bullet punch, but some Scizor sets are designed to outrun a few threats. Namely Swampert, maybe Skarmory, Snorlax, Blissey.

RedMoogleXIII

Team Rocket Trainer
Almost done Competive team

Heres my Team It's still a bit of a Work in Progress

I'm putting this here as it not ready for a proper "Rate My Team"

It currently Leads with Metagross, but not sure if I should switch to a good Electric type, but having problem getting a great Timid Zapdos for the team

Also I don't know If I should have both Lucario and Metagross on the same Team as the both will bring Steel ttype weaknesses to the team and which Lucario to use as well if I do use both
Also unsure if I should use Gengar and/or Porygon-Z

Im also still undecided on all of Suicunes EVs as well

Metagross ;376; Lead Pokemon
Adamant Nature

EVs
252 HP\236 ATK\12 DEF\8 Speed
IVs
23\27\24\31\28\31

Hidden Power - Ghost 47

Earthquake\Meteor Mash
Thunderpunch
Stealth Rock
Explosion

Arcanine Physical ;059; Sweeper
Hasty Nature

6 HP\252 ATK\252 Speed

IVs
13\31\18\15\16\31

Hidden Power - Ghost 49

Crunch\Overheat
Thunder Fang
Flare Blitz
ExtremeSpeed

Suicune ;245; (want to be able to take some hits and still attack well)
Bold Nature
252 HP\???

IVs
31\02\30\31\31\30

Hidden Power - Electric 70

Calm Mind
Hidden Power
Ice Beam
Surf

Salamence ;373; Mixed Sweeper
Mild Nature

84 ATK\216 SP.ATK\208 Speed
IVs
14\28\18\31\11\31

Hidden Power - Ice 68

Draco Meteor
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Roost

Lucario #1 ;448; Mixed Sweeper

Naive Nature
Inner Focus

EVs
128 ATK\132 SP.ATK\252 Speed

IVs
15\31\05\31\26\31

Hidden Power - Dark 67

Close Combat
Shadow Ball
ExtremeSpeed
Dragon Pulse

Lucario #2 ;448; Physical Sweeper
Jolly Nature
Inner Focus

EVs
6 Def\252 ATK\252 Speed
IVs
30\31\09\17\23\31

Hidden Power - Ground 57

ExtremeSpeed
Close Combat
Ice Punch
Swords Dance

Porygon-Z ;474; Special Sweeper
Timid Nature
Adaptability

6 HP\252 SP.ATK\252 Speed
IVs
27\08\01\31\01\31

Hidden Power - Dragon 45

Tri Attack
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Nasty Plot

Gengar ;094; Special Sweeper
Timid Nature

EVs
6 Def\252 SP.ATK\252 Speed
IVs
01\17\31\31\26\31

Hidden Power - Steel 68

Hypnosis
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Bullet punch on meta, and give suicune rest and sleep talk if you want bulk. You forgot everyones items. Porygon needs dark pulse and you've got no walls and 3 physical sweepers.

sukimarochan

I'm not insane~
Okay well, I just EVd my Arcanine 252 attack, 252 speed and 4 HP, whats a good moveset for him?

Also I'm thinking of getting a Honchkrow since I love them so much ouo Should I do a physical, special or mixed sweeper for him?

darkrai4

Dark Trainer
hey sorry for my late response,theres no really specific pokemon I am trying to counter,it is that two of my team members are weak to them.

Equilibrium=81%ish right? (Def is 81% of total Hp that is) I just couldn't remember exactly

also, is it viable to NOT run a set up sweeper (I mean it leaves you pretty open to stall, but that aside) As I was using a Swords Dance Infernape team, and I found it hard for him to set up before the battle ended, and I was thinking just chuck a CB on him and go nuts. But something just tells me this wouldn't really work the way I plan.

Thoughts, comments?

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
I've done relatively well without set-up, but mostly because Jirachi finishes things off.

I guess it depends on what you have. A boatload of residual damage makes setting up less of a priority, and Knock Off can render some things useless.

But if you don't have those things then yeah...

I assume it's LO'd?

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
So I'm building an UU Stall team, based around Spiritomb, and I figure, I need something to clean up late game.

I settled on Swellow, 'cause he's awesome.

So my question; What's a good clean-up moveset for Swellow?

Currently I'm planning:

Jolly @ Flame Orb (Guts)

Facade
Aerial Ace (As things will be weakened, I figure I can get away with the power drop?)
Steel Wing
Heat Wave (For Steels)

Jolly = -Sp. Atk though.

Anyway, anyone have anything better?

RedMoogleXIII

Team Rocket Trainer
Bullet punch on meta, and give suicune rest and sleep talk if you want bulk. You forgot everyones items. Porygon needs dark pulse and you've got no walls and 3 physical sweepers.

Well I don't want to run the old Single Attack Suicune at all. I'd like Suicune to be able to take hits and give some back in return.

Also having enough problem with what move to give Metagross so far. Currently not sure about Earthquake or Meteor Mash. Bullet Punch would be another option of what to decide on.

Also Item Clause so no ideas what to give everyone so far. About the only certanity is maybe Leftovers for Suicune.

Also if I put Dark Pulse on Prygon-Z, the only move I could really replace is Tri Attack and that just means I'd have to breed another one as Adaptability would be useless then.

Still not sure as to which Lucario to use, The Swords Dance Physical set or the Mixed Set with Shadow Ball and Close Combat.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Does Magnet Pull affect your teamate aswell in doubles? Like If I have a Bronzong and Magnezone in, can I switch Bronzong out?

Volt of Noid

<-- Best Shiny ever
Ok thanks. Anyone else got a great EV spread for Scizor? Please help me out I'm working on his 252 Attack now, but I need the second stat to get 252 in.

Ideas? Anyone?

252Hp, or 248Hp then 8 in Spe.

GoldChocobo

Gotta Love AmbushCat
Only fire pokes with flash fire arent affected by burn status right?

Status
Not open for further replies.