• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3R0

LordHotstuff
Ok Ive Been Googling Forever And Nothing.
So Here Will Work I Guess.

I Want My Rilou/Lucario To Learn BOTH Bullet Punch AND Crunch...How Exactly Does This Work?
Do I Need To Have Smeargle Or Something?

Skyler14

Can any1 seguest a good steel killer for my team? thread is dragons for life.

randomspot555

Bulldogs

Banned

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Anything faster my magnezone is getting owned my metagrosses

You could try Swampert, then, especially if you run Cursepert (Curse, EQ, Waterfall, Ice Punch). That works pretty nicely, and after a Curse or two, even Metagross will have problems with it. Although, it isn't a dedicated Steel killer... Skamory, for example, can Whirlwind it out and really screw you up.

Last edited:
Anything faster my magnezone is getting owned my metagrosses

You could try Swampert, then, especially if you run Cursepert (Curse, EQ, Waterfall, Ice Punch). That works pretty nicely, and after a Curse or two, even Metagross will have problems with it. Although, it isn't a dedicated Steel killer... Skamory, for example, can Whirlwind it out and really screw you up.

As you said yourself, Blue Rabbit, Swampert won't work as a "Steel killer," thus Swampert doesn't meet Skyler's needs.

And, Skyler, Magnezone works just fine as a Steel-type trapper and is the best at it. Max Hp Metagross won't ever be OHKO by Magnezone's Thunderbolt even while holding Choice Specs. This isn't so bad, though, because you wouldn't be able to outspeed Metagross anyways for the KO. Can you let me know your team to tell you a way to deal with Metagross?

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
When someone sends in a Machamp, what Pokemon does the opponent usually send in to take it out, and with what move?

When someone sends in a Machamp, what Pokemon does the opponent usually send in to take it out, and with what move?
Personally i would send in Cresselia since it has great defenses and HP and she resists Machamps STAB attacks because of her typing. And Cresselia easely takes out Machamp with STAB Psychic.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Ok, I need a Cresselia killing set of EVs and moves. Thank you very much.

This is a pretty good offensive Cresselia set:

Cresselia @ Lum Berry/ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Moonlight
-Hidden Power Fighting / Signal Beam

You can either use Leftovers or the Lum Berry. Leftovers give you slight HP recovery every turn, while the Lum Berry protects you against status problems. You can use what you think that is important for your team. Personally i would use the Lum Berry, but if you already have a Cleric like Blissey, Celebi or Miltank on your team i would use the Leftovers. Only use Signal Beam if you don't have acess to Hidden Power Fighting or if your power is to low.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Actually, I meant a way for Machamp to kill Cresslia. Sorry about that.

Right now I'm going with Substitute/Bulk Up/Dynamic Punch/Payback.

BlackBoard

Wifi ^^
96 isnt that to low?

Actually, I meant a way for Machamp to kill Cresslia. Sorry about that.

Right now I'm going with Substitute/Bulk Up/Dynamic Punch/Payback.
Oh, okay. Well, things like that can happen. Anyways, the set looks good but i wouldn't use it as a Cresselia counter because Machamp will always lose in the end. Magnezone does a better job with that. I would advice this set:

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Nature: Mild
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 88 HP / 88 Atk / 248 SpA / 84 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Signal Beam
-Explosion
-Metal Sound

Mr. BrickaBracka

Once more I live!!
Anybody know if the 4 EVs from power items are also doubled by pokerus?
I got a few pokes with pokerus and haven't used it for EV training because I wasn't sure of its exact effects.

zapper22001

Join BLD

Using the Smogon Switch-In Statistics from August 2009, here are the top 10 pokemon that switch into Machamp:

1.Scizor - 5.01%
2.Gyarados - 4.54%
3.Rotom-h - 4.53%
4.Salamence - 4.45%
5.Gengar - 4.02%
6.Latias - 3.52%
7.Gliscor - 2.91%
8.Jirachi - 2.8%
9.Heatran - 2.43%
10.Celebi - 2.33%

While Cresselia is only at 27th.

27.Cresselia - 1.1%

Hope this helps.

Ontop

Using the Smogon Switch-In Statistics from August 2009, here are the top 10 pokemon that switch into Machamp:

1.Scizor - 5.01%
2.Gyarados - 4.54%
3.Rotom-h - 4.53%
4.Salamence - 4.45%
5.Gengar - 4.02%
6.Latias - 3.52%
7.Gliscor - 2.91%
8.Jirachi - 2.8%
9.Heatran - 2.43%
10.Celebi - 2.33%

While Cresselia is only at 27th.

27.Cresselia - 1.1%

Hope this helps.

Can really Scizor do that much to Champ?

Cammi

fly away
Well, I caught a Mesprit and its nature is Timid. According to a site you all most likely know, the best set for a Timid Mesprit is the Calm Mind Boltbeaming one, with the EVs distributed the following way: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe. My dilemma starts here; I don’t really wish to make it an attacker. I mean, the set I was originally going after uses that combo, okay, but it has a Bold Nature and the following EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 36 SpA / 96 SpD.
I want to follow something like that, something balanced or defensive for my Mesprit, but…Timid Nature…fghfh. Can the EVs be adjusted for a Timid Nature? If so, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.