• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs

Banned
That'll work just fine.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
I think that should be ok, IIRC, the game ignores all additional EVs after reaching 255 in a single stat. For example, you could not fill up your EVs with 510 Atk EVs because the game only counts 255 of them. Can anyone verify this?

Bulldogs

Banned
Verifying.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
@Zenotwapal

No. Outrage is an inferior move on DDTar because it doesn't get STAB and it locks Ttar in. Crunch and Stone Edge get STAB and already hit most of the OU Dragons. Mence in pummeled by STone Edge and Latias dies to Crunch. The last slot should generally be used so Ttar can attack something that walls the Dark/Rock combonation. Fire Punch is only used on Babari Tar and Aqua Tail hits most Bulky Grounds.

Hope this helps.

So your telling me that Outrage is a lackluster choice in OU since Crunch can match its power and Outrage won't lock it in?
That seems good.

Is Fire Punch better than Aqua Tail, though?

^Not to mention that Outrage and Crunch (and Stone Edge with accuracy factored in) hit for the same base damage, which indeed makes this choice a matter of coverage and getting locked in instead of a matter of how much damage Outrage does.

Understood.
So i'm looking at this set:
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Fire Punch / Aqua Tail

Fire Punch or Aqua Tail?

Bulldogs

Banned
Unless you run Babiri Berry, Aqua Tail is the better option, to hit **** like Gliscor that could end your sweep.

I'm very new to competitive play, so I just wanted to know if these IVs are good enough for a future trap-passer Umbreon. The Eevee I got from Bebe have the following IVs:

Nature: Careful
HP 31
Attack 17
Defense 31
Sp. Atk 22
Sp. Def 22
Speed 31

Attack and Sp. Atk aren't that great but I won't be needing them anyway. What about SP. Def?

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
for a sandstorm team, is hippowdon a must? I was thinking of leading with a stealth rock gliscor instead of hippowdon, in fact, I don't plan on using it at all. Can a sandstorm team still work that way?

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
for a sandstorm team, is hippowdon a must? I was thinking of leading with a stealth rock gliscor instead of hippowdon, in fact, I don't plan on using it at all. Can a sandstorm team still work that way?

If you're in OU, there's no reason not to use Tyranitar or Hippowdon. You can successfully have a SS team without, but it's way more convenient having infinite sandstorm instead of 5-8 turn sand storm whether you use the smooth rock or not.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
I'm very new to competitive play, so I just wanted to know if these IVs are good enough for a future trap-passer Umbreon. The Eevee I got from Bebe have the following IVs:

Nature: Careful
HP 31
Attack 17
Defense 31
Sp. Atk 22
Sp. Def 22
Speed 31

Attack and Sp. Atk aren't that great but I won't be needing them anyway. What about SP. Def?
Well, You actually got really lucky there if this was from Bebe since three perfect IVs is incredibly rare (1/32764, IIRC). I think that, with 31 HP, you should be ok, but if you want to then you could always breed to make the Sp. Def perfect. You have a pretty good Pokémon there :)

Bulldogs

Banned
You could even keep soft resetting for better IVs if you want. I did that to get a perfect Jolteon.

Bulldogs

Banned
Only took a week bcos I hate breeding. I would assume this person has saved as well. =/

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
[Ampharos];10867090 said:
If you're in OU, there's no reason not to use Tyranitar or Hippowdon. You can successfully have a SS team without, but it's way more convenient having infinite sandstorm instead of 5-8 turn sand storm whether you use the smooth rock or not.

I should've asked my question differently. I plan on using tyranitar, I was wondering if I need BOTH for OU?

Bulldogs

Banned
you definitely don't need both unless you desperately need a ground type physical wall for some reason.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
I need a more offensive ev spread for light screen zapdos. Can someone help?

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
I screwed up. I evolved my NastyPlot Pichu before it learned NastyPlot.
It is female though, so I can give it an everstone and breed it.
Is it possible for me to just breed NastyPlot off a Male with it onto my pichu babies, or will they not retain it?

tl;dr Does Pichu get NastyPlot as an eggmove since it is technically a level up?

Bulldogs

Banned
Level up moves can be passed down through breeding.

Is Brightpowder banned in competitive battles?

Status
Not open for further replies.