• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Trapinch

Mono-Teams Master
Which is better STAB for mono-attack Supportom?
moves:
t-wave,Confuse ray,WoW,(attack) Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt
Or should I use discharge instead of t-wave?

Um why not run Thunder Wave/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Will-o-Wisp? Discharge means you can accidentally paralyze something you wanted to burn or vice versa.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Would a Naughty Tyranitar be useful in competitive battling? If so, what would a good set be?

Last edited:

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
Nope, sorry, Tyranitar prizes its ability to tank specially. If you really need to use it though, use Life Orb.

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
Nope, sorry, Tyranitar prizes its ability to tank specially. If you really need to use it though, use Life Orb.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
You must use naughty t tar as a mixed sweeper although a - speed nature is better.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Yeah, I was thinking of /maybe/ using it as a mixed sweeper.

_Bolt_

Hum... well, I'm starting my first EV trained team(although I have read somethings about it before), and I want it to be the best as I can train it. So, I would be honored if some of you could rate it and give some advice:

1- Yanmega (Lead)

Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sdef

-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Hypnosis
-Protect

Nature: Modest
Item: Focus Sash (makes me survive if there isn't sandstorm/Hail. May be useful :))

It's the most used Yanmega, and I'll use it to simply see what is my opponent's first poke. As some of you may have noticed, it consists of using protect (and gain speed boost) and then attack with something to kill it or put it to sleep and trade to something that can counter it.

2- Blissey

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sdef

-Seismic Toss
-Ice Beam
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled

Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers

It will be my physical wall. Seismic Toss is the best physical attack to Blissey IMO, Ice Beam to help me against Dragons, Aromatherapy to heal my team's status problems and Softboiled to help it to survive.

3- Gliscor

Ability: Hypper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd

-Roost EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Aerial Ace/Stone Edge

Nature: Impish
Item: Leftovers/Yache Berry

My "Stealth Rocker" :). Roost to help it to survive. Earthquake because of the STAB and Stealth Rock is classic :)p). I'm not sure if I should choose Aerial Ace or Stone Edge. Aerial Ace is great against Heracross and it has STAB, but my Yanmega already Has Air Slash =/ (although it doesn't have a very good durability and is a kind of kamikaze xD). Stone Edge is because of the great type coverage. The item I don't know. I think leftovers is great, but my blissey would already have it and Yache Berry is good to don't get me surprised because of Ice type moves.

That's the first 3 of them. I'm not sure about the other 3, but it will probably have a Weavile choice bander and an Infernape Nasty Plotter. I would appreciate some tips on which 3 I should choose

Hope to get some help :D. Thanks in advance and thanks for reading it all

Yanmega is a bad lead, it doesn't set up or prevent Stealth Rock. Gliscor could use either Taunt or U-turn rather than Stone Edge (also Lefties is better).

Also, what sort of team is this supposed to be? Stall, semi-stall, balanced?

EDIT: Another thing I forgot, this is quite a useful tool for team building.

Last edited:

_Bolt_

First, I'd like to thank you for your quick response.

Now, actually, I didn't think about a kind of team =/. I just chose a pokemon and tried to cover it weaknesses. But if you ask me, I'd rather use a balanced team.

And thanks for the link. I'll be sure to use it next time I start to train a pokemon :)

If you're keen to keep Blissey and Gliscor, you could make a nice stall team with those members, but you'd have to change the moves of Blissey. Also, that type resistance chart becomes even more important, so you have to be very careful when you're making a stall team. It's also good to have Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Aromatherapy/Heal Bell, and Rapid Spin (probably another few but I've forgotten), since that helps you stall longer. You could also go sem-stall and have SubAgilityPetaya Empoleon on the team to have a late game sweep after you weaken your opponent's team enough.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Yanmega is fine as a lead. Your team so far is all standard. Gliscor sets up sr fine. Just wondering, are you bolt from fff?

Um why not run Thunder Wave/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Will-o-Wisp? Discharge means you can accidentally paralyze something you wanted to burn or vice versa.

Nothing likes to be Paralyzed or Burned. In most cases you can ruin a pokemon simply by hitting it either status. Sure Paralyzing Tyarnitar can leave you dead to Pursuit, but the chances of that actually happening are pretty low.

252 HP/252 Def on Yanmega lead? No. You should use this: www.somgon.com/dp/pokemon/yanmega, pick the set you like (probably lead set). Gliscor has 252/252, it should be either.
- Impish 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spe, to outspeed Adamant Lucario.
- Jolly 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spe, to outspeed Jolly Lucario
Item: Leftovers.
Moves: Roost, Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Stone Edge/Aerial Ace.
Ability: Sand Veil.

Aerial Ace or Stone Edge depends on what you want to hit Super Effective.

Hope I helped.

Milotic

i'm wondering whether i should put HP Fighting on my jolteon, since i am probably the worst breeder EVER, but this particular one has the best set up i've bred in a while, and i was going to use it as a Specser anyway, and i am getting rather irritated by all the Tyranitars i've been seeing lately. so, any ideas?

_Bolt_

252 HP/252 Def on Yanmega lead? No. You should use this: www.somgon.com/dp/pokemon/yanmega, pick the set you like (probably lead set). Gliscor has 252/252, it should be either.

Hope I helped.

Milotic

Thanks for your help :D

I was thinking about using gliscor against a heracross, but I, now, am thinking about using Infernape to counter it (not sure yet though). Is it a good idea?

Bulldogs

Banned
Infernape cannot counter, Hera, he can only revenge kill. Gliscor walls Hera all day long.

zapper22001

Join BLD
i'm wondering whether i should put HP Fighting on my jolteon, since i am probably the worst breeder EVER, but this particular one has the best set up i've bred in a while, and i was going to use it as a Specser anyway, and i am getting rather irritated by all the Tyranitars i've been seeing lately. so, any ideas?
You're probably better off with Hidden Power Ice or Grass on Jolteon, since it has trouble with Dragons and Swampert.

Hope I helped.

Milotic
I would personally recommend either Taunt or U-turn over Stone Edge/Aerial Ace, since Earthquake is really the only attacking move required on Gliscor.

Status
Not open for further replies.