• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakedup

Good revenge killer for a sandstorm team.

I am having issues with heatran, gengar, and tentacruel. I believe i will issurs with infernape as well. I use forretress, empoleon, hippowdon, gliscor, and lucario. My cradily was fired for sucking. I am thinking an expert belt dugtrio (to fool opponents into thinking it is choice locked) or a gyarados variant. Please help me out.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Bounce gyara or scizor may help. Not everyone needs to be SS proof though.

Faster.

Mediocre himself

yee

@cakedup
a timid starmie would do those jobs beautifully. infernape will have to use grass knot or thunderpunch on the switch or it wouldnt have a chance, its pretty simple about the rest except gengar, surf from a max special attack starmie with a timid nature wont do the job even with stealth rock, since you already have forretress for rapid spinning and utility you could run specsmie. also your team has tons of defense in gliscor and hippowdon but nothing that can take a special hit, tyranitar gets the 50% special defense boost in his storm and is probably the most common poke in sandstorm teams. ive never built my own sandstorm team though smogon's guide helped a lot with my rain dance teams they should have a solution there.

Last edited:

No. 1 Machop Fan

I'm new to RMT, and I just read the rules. You stated that an NFE team is gimmicky and not allowed. Does that include Little Cup teams?

randomspot555

I'm new to RMT, and I just read the rules. You stated that an NFE team is gimmicky and not allowed. Does that include Little Cup teams?

Gimmick is basically another word for a cheap strategy. Baton Pass teams are frowned upon, because any number of Pokemon commonly on regular teams can counter them. Eevee Evolution teams, while may seem like a great idea, usually have a lot of common weaknesses. Mono-type teams, Little Cups, etc... are more themes than gimmicks, though it's still a challenge to make a balanced mono-type team.

Little Cup is a metagame, not a theme.

NFE teams would be very interesting, however one would have to assume that any UU NFEs would be auto-banned (Chansey, Scyther) except for maybe Snover and Hippopotas.

nathanshown

I have a breeding question

I am making a full jhoto team and Ursaring will be on my team. His egg moves he will need to learn are crunch and close combat. I'm getting confused trying to figure out how to breed both moves onto a single pokemon. I believe I've done it before but that was ages ago. Help would be very much appreciated ;munchlax;

Simse

Breed a Lucario with Egg Move Crunch, level up until it learns Close Combat, make sure it is male, then breed with female Teddiursa/Ursaring. Magical Pokemon sex, and Teddiursa with CC+Crunch.

Last edited:

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
I've a Sassy Dialga and I plan on using it in my double Battle Trick room team and on Wifi. May I have an EV spread that allows it to take two hits and survive to use Trick room? Held item will be Petaya Berry. Thanks in advance.

The Trapinch

Mono-Teams Master
You say it must be defensive Dialga(to survive 2 hits - from what?Magikarp?) and claim petaya berry on held item.strange.(Anyway Palkia's better TR set-upper in ubers)

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
Well given that Dialga has 100/120/100 defenses, it shouldn't need much work. But a balanced EV spread is 252 HP/80 Def/176 SpD.

Thanks Otaku, but I'll be investing a little in Sp.Atk, hence Petaya Berrry. Should Dialga survive two hits with a little bit of HP, Petaya activates and he'll start straight up attacking afterwards. I'll be taking from HP and Sp.Def.

232 HP/80 Def/36 Sp.Atk/160 Sp.Def. How's that look?

@The Trapinch: I said it was for WiFi. And Dialga is slower than Palkia, plus he's the one packing 8 resistances.

No. 1 Machop Fan

2 questions:

1. If a Pokémon uses Skill Swap and then switches out, does it get its old ability back?
2. Are we allowed multiple RMT topics at once?

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
2 questions:

1. If a Pokémon uses Skill Swap and then switches out, does it get its old ability back?
2. Are we allowed multiple RMT topics at once?

1. It gets it back
2. You should post one, get it reated, then make another team about 2 weeks later....dont just SPAM here.
Or just post 2 teams on a thread.

No. 1 Machop Fan

1. It gets it back
2. You should post one, get it reated, then make another team about 2 weeks later....dont just SPAM here.
Or just post 2 teams on a thread.

1. Thanks for the heads-up.
2. I have two teams ready for rate, but I've already posted one. I'm just wondering if it's legal to post another, or if I'll have to have the other topic closed first. I promise the second will be the last for at least 2 weeks.

NamuSkull

Pampering Vaporeon..
Okay I'm in a pinch. Which Pokemon learns the move wish?
I need to breed it with a female eeveelution so the offspring can start out with it.
In fact, look at this formula and any help would be appreciated.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: Nature---->Bold
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spe
~ Wish
~ Protect
~ Surf
~ Hidden Power Electric / Ice Beam / Toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.