• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reno

so adorable...
Question thread 4.0.

You know the drill.

"Ask a Question" Thread Rules:
Ask a simple question about 4th Generation Competitive Play ONLY.
That means:
- No asking where to find sprites.
- No asking what level a Pokemon learns a move.

Things TO ask:
- What Pokemon would be best to complete my team?
- What EVs should I use on this Pokemon?
- What is the best set to use for this Pokemon?

Zenotwapal said:
Soooooooo,

Could Nintendo perform a hack check on them?
You really like the Spoiler tags...

Anyways, if you do it that way (hack parents), no I don't think they can check them. Even then though, I think the way they check them is by seeing if the game's been broken into. So you would need to hack in one game, then trade them over to the game you'll be using in order to cover it up completely (assuming that you hacked the parents legitly, of course).

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
You really like the Spoiler tags...

Anyways, if you do it that way (hack parents), no I don't think they can check them. Even then though, I think the way they check them is by seeing if the game's been broken into. So you would need to hack in one game, then trade them over to the game you'll be using in order to cover it up completely (assuming that you hacked the parents legitly, of course).

Yes i like spoil tags.

I don't hack, but i'm getting known hacked (legitly hacked) dittos with 31 IVs in 3 stats.

So, would that be a "hack that would be detected"?

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Damn you both! i wanted to be the first to post ¬_¬
what's the best EV's for mixmence?

@zenotwapal, i hope the end of your pm is lying ¬_¬

Last edited:
^Check Smogon. =) And yeah, I so booked it over here just to be the first reply. XD

Zenotwapal said:
I don't hack, but i'm getting known hacked (legitly hacked) dittos with 31 IVs in 3 stats.

So, would that be a "hack that would be detected"?
Well, I think the only way they can detect legit hacks is if a hack was done on a game. Because these are coming from another game, are legitly hacked, and you probably haven't hacked on the game they are being traded to, then no, they would not be detected. That is, at least, as far as I know.

I could be wrong because I haven't hacked before, but it does make sense.

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
I have an Ubers team that I'm trying to fix. It used to look like this:
Deoxys-S (lead)
Kyogre (Choice Specs)
Palkia (Choice Scarf)
Scizor (Choice Band)
Blissey (Calm Mind Bliss/special wall)
Giratina (Sleep Talker/physical wall)

I have been trying to fix this team for weeks now and have made little progress. Now the team looks like this:

Kyogre(T-wave lead)
Kingdra(DD dancer)
Scizor(Choice Band)
Maybe Choice Scarf Dialga to revenge kill Rayquaza

Any help would be appreciated. I was thinking about Wobbuffet and I need a stealth rock user.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Damn you both! i wanted to be the first to post ¬_¬

@zenotwapal, i hope the end of your pm is lying ¬_¬

^Check Smogon. =) And yeah, I so booked it over here just to be the first reply. XD

Well, I think the only way they can detect legit hacks is if a hack was done on a game. Because these are coming from another game, are legitly hacked, and you probably haven't hacked on the game they are being traded to, then no, they would not be detected. That is, at least, as far as I know.

I could be wrong because I haven't hacked before, but it does make sense.

@Salavoir: Thanks for the help.

@Gren Draco: What are you talking about?

One question while i'm at it: Since i'm obsessed with charizard, i would like to raise a variety of them.
Would a Mixed Sweeper Zard work out?

BlackHeart

Gnarf Gnarf Gnarf
Hey, is Lead Brave Bat Crobat any good? Or Crobat with Hypnosis and Aerial Ace?
Right now, my team is....
Leadbat
Swampert
Scarfachi
Specstran

Could someone help me out to balance the team? Make any changes?

ExplodingMuk

Cheese and Crackers
Ubers

I have an Ubers team that I'm trying to fix. It used to look like this:
Deoxys-S (lead)
Kyogre (Choice Specs)
Palkia (Choice Scarf)
Scizor (Choice Band)
Blissey (Calm Mind Bliss/special wall)
Giratina (Sleep Talker/physical wall)

I have been trying to fix this team for weeks now and have made little progress. Now the team looks like this:

Kyogre(T-wave lead)
Kingdra(DD dancer)
Scizor(Choice Band)
Maybe Choice Scarf Dialga to revenge kill Rayquaza

Any help would be appreciated. I was thinking about Wobbuffet and I need a stealth rock user.

If you want a Revenge killer for Raquaza, use Palkia. He would fit perfectly on your team. Also, scarf Dialga doesn't outrun Raquaza if it's Jolly, something which Palkia can. I can only think of four Stealth Rockers in Ubers; Groudon, who wouldn't fit on your team, Blissey, IMO, has better things to do then set up rocks. So that leaves two; Skarmory and Forretress. I'd recommend Forry because Skarm should set up Spikes.

Wobbuffet should usually be used with tickle, although another set would be fine. It does have a huge move pool, which is why it's uber.

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
@ExplodingMuk: Much thanks. I noticed that my team with the additions doesn't have a resistance to electric attacks. Should I do something about that? Also aren't Palkia OHKOed by +2Extremespeed from SD Rayquaza, whom I have problems with whereas Scarf Dialga can take Extremespeed?

Last edited:

Sebonzakura

moved to smogon
I think that scarfchomp is the best revenge killer for Salamence.He is also immune to electric and resists stealth rock.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead

Mild: 96 Atk/ 216 SpA/ 184 Spe

Naive: 68 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 188 Spe

The classic Power vs. Speed Dilemena. It's up to personal preference, try both out an see which one works best for you. You can also run Max Speed on the Naive one for outspeeding or at least speed tying with other Salamence.

Sebonzakura

moved to smogon
If two pokes have the same speed ,who hit first?

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Mild: 96 Atk/ 216 SpA/ 184 Spe

Naive: 68 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 188 Spe

The classic Power vs. Speed Dilemena. It's up to personal preference, try both out an see which one works best for you. You can also run Max Speed on the Naive one for outspeeding or at least speed tying with other Salamence.

Thanks, i won't bother with max speed though, since the EV's are better off in other stats.

If kangaskhan with scrappy brick breaks spiritomb is it super effective?

Last edited:

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
I think that scarfchomp is the best revenge killer for Salamence.He is also immune to electric and resists stealth rock.

Did you mean to say that ScarfChomp is the best revenge killer for Rayquaza?

MajorGambit

Thanks, i won't bother with max speed though, since the EV's are better off in other stats.

If kangaskhan with scrappy brick breaks spiritomb is it super effective?

Scrappy only works for normal type moves, according to Serebii. So it wouldn't affect it, I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.