• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Remember that Rayquaza's ability kills the effects from weather. So unless you disable that ability, Rayquaza won't be getting that sun boost if thats what you are looking for.

Zachmac

I forgot about Air Lock. How about a Choice Band set. Would that work?
I've heard that nothing can swap into a choice band raquaza with v-create safely.

I'm no expert at Ubers, but I'd go for this.
Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Adamant or Jolly
252att/252speed
-Outrage
-V-create
-Extreme Speed
-Dragon Claw/Waterfall/Earthquake

Outrage is STAB, while V-create is nearly perfect coverage. Extreme Speed can finish off faster, weakened foes like Skymin and Mewtwo. The last move is mostly a filler. Waterfall and Earthquake are it's best ways to KO a max HP Heatran, and Dragon Claw is if you want the ability to swap out.

Kierzor

Kinda reminiscing
Thanks a lot. Luckily the rayquaza I got was adamant :)
I think I'll go for waterfall. In case heatrans got an Air Balloon

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
;381; Latios @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Psyshock
-Surf

;473; Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
-Ice Shard
-Icicle Crash
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

;472; Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Nature: Impish
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Defense / 72 Speed
-Taunt
-Protect
-Toxic
-Earthquake

;479-w; Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Special Attack / 148 Speed
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Thunder (for anti-rain stall)

;485; Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Special Attack / 4 Special Defense
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Pulse
-Earth Power
-Stealth Rock

"What Pokemon would fit well on the last slot of my team?" My only real caveat is that I can't get anything from pre-BW for various reasons.

Nebbio

NINJA!
What would be the best nature for a Movie14 Victini?

Psypert

What would be the best nature for a Movie14 Victini?

Brave for Trick Room, Adamant for Choice set, Naive/Hasty for mixed

Soperman

The One and Only
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Psyshock
-Surf

-Ice Shard
-Icicle Crash
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

-Taunt
-Protect
-Toxic
-Earthquake

-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]

-Fire Blast
-Dragon Pulse
-Earth Power
-Stealth Rock

"What Pokemon would fit well on the last slot of my team?" My only real caveat is that I can't get anything from pre-BW for various reasons.
Maybe a Special Wall? Either that, or another physical tank/sweeper. Without mamo, Blissey walls your face off.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Psyshock
-Surf

-Ice Shard
-Icicle Crash
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

-Taunt
-Protect
-Toxic
-Earthquake

-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]

-Fire Blast
-Dragon Pulse
-Earth Power
-Stealth Rock

I think you should use Deoxys-D. It will help deal with your major fighting weakness.

I'm thinking

Deoxys-D@Leftovers
Calm
252 hp 252 spD
Pressure
-Spikes
-Taunt/Toxic
-Recover
-Night Shade/Seismic Toss

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
Some suggestions on a effective "non super obvious" trick roomer are: Reuncilus, Uxie, Dusclops, and Whimsicott. All of them can set up well, all arent negatively effected by it, and all can take physical hits with ease. I put Whimsicott as a suggestion just to add some different typing to your team. Id probably go with Reuncilus though personally through experience, but Uxie can also be a heal beller and get free switches with an effective use of U-Turn. Dusclops can burn/toxic stall, Reuniclus can hit hard, and Whimsicott can, pretty much do whatever. Idk, just some suggestions.

Scott...hmmm....I'm assuming Prankster for priority? Reun and Dusc follow the same issue cited previously: makes 50% team weak to dark.

Is Uxie legal for VGC? If so that might just have some possibilities...even outside of TR O_O

One possible rebuild is Almomola or Milotic over WashTom (now that I finally got a Timid with DF/SA/SD/Spe=31 :p)....with Rhyperior having such a high speed IV I should probably just wait for the opposition to set TR and then take advantage of it with the teammates. Rhy is primary lead and if I set TR I may wind up shooting myself in the foot (Ttar ::cough:: ).

The single biggest threat to my team looks to be Tailwind. Who are the most common Windbags other than Zapdos?

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Scott...hmmm....I'm assuming Prankster for priority? Reun and Dusc follow the same issue cited previously: makes 50% team weak to dark.

Is Uxie legal for VGC? If so that might just have some possibilities...even outside of TR O_O

One possible rebuild is Almomola or Milotic over WashTom (now that I finally got a Timid with DF/SA/SD/Spe=31 :p)....with Rhyperior having such a high speed IV I should probably just wait for the opposition to set TR and then take advantage of it with the teammates. Rhy is primary lead and if I set TR I may wind up shooting myself in the foot (Ttar ::cough:: ).

The single biggest threat to my team looks to be Tailwind. Who are the most common Windbags other than Zapdos?

Whimsicott and tornadus are good users of tailwind. Watch out for them, since they have priority to go with it.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Are there any servers on PO that have at least moderately active Clear Skies tiers? The one on the main server has literally no one searching in it. I can't take the damn weather anymore, man. I don't even care if it's English speaking; I just hate fighting sand/rain stall for the gazillionth time...

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Well i can never find any Clear Skies matches where ever i go. You best bet would be going to something that usually has quite a few people in it otherwise, any other server won't likely have many people playing it.

I have a question also. I'm planing on making a full substitute team. I'm not worried if it will work or not, just want some ideas for some good pokemon who can use substitute. Physical or special pokemon.

Zachmac

I have a question also. I'm planing on making a full substitute team. I'm not worried if it will work or not, just want some ideas for some good pokemon who can use substitute. Physical or special pokemon.
Gengar almost always carries substitute. There is also substitute+dragon dance Gyrados and Dragonite, and Parashuffle Dragonite off the top of my head.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Are there any viable pokemon who can run a substitute set that isn't exactly standard. Like i was talking to Fakestreet last night about a Sub Scizor.

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Are there any viable pokemon who can run a substitute set that isn't exactly standard. Like i was talking to Fakestreet last night about a Sub Scizor.

All pokemon that cause switches will make good sub ubers, I have used sub mamoswine to great effect because of its threatening ice shard and myriad of pokemon in OU 4x weak to ice. The general rule is whatever poke the opponent needs to switch out from can utilise subs.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.

Zapdos with Roost and Wash-Rotom sub really well.